Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo  YZ-2T 2WD ST truck >

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Old 10-26-2023, 01:44 PM
  #361  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

And that's a no. Gonna use the sp+ in my pan car and put the punisher in that.
d

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 11-02-2023 at 02:36 PM.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 10-30-2023, 03:58 PM
  #362  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ive ran the truck 2 days now. Friday and a sunday. Both club race days.
Think ive got most of it sorted. Broke a front arm hitting a pole and lost rear shock do to it falling apart. LOL
Gonna change the shock oil fluids this week in preparation for a series race over multiple weekends. Trucks doing good running a 17.5 in a 13.5 class.
Looking fwd to seeing what I can do with it against other 17.5 in a more serious race setting.
-d

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 11-02-2023 at 02:37 PM.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 08:57 AM
  #363  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,390
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

cool to hear.

I am out of town right now but other than getting in my 13mm front shock bodies, my truck is basically together for a race this weekend. Calling this a spiritual "TO 2.0" as it has a variety of the changes on it like:

- SO 2.0 style steering rack (same as CAL3 and up)
- AE Front and rear A-arms for durability
- YZ4SF2/MO 1.0/MO 2.0 rear hub carriers
- CAL3/SO 1.0 Front carriers
- bigger 3.5mm rear hingepins
- Front CAL3.1 and up fron thingepin block
- 13mm Shocks front and rear


I may test fit the SO 2.0 new steering knuckles as well.
dub671 likes this.
Cain is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 11:57 AM
  #364  
Tech Adept
 
Nosnarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Okc, ok
Posts: 113
Default

you going to use the truck shock towers or buggy?
Nosnarb is offline  
Old 11-01-2023, 11:18 AM
  #365  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Pics or it never happened!
Cain and Nosnarb like this.
dub671 is offline  
Old 11-01-2023, 05:50 PM
  #366  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,390
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nosnarb
you going to use the truck shock towers or buggy?
I am using the truck towers. I am toying with trying a buggy rear tower setup which the Buggy "long" 13mm shocks in the rear.

Originally Posted by dub671
Pics or it never happened!
Cain is offline  
Old 11-02-2023, 02:06 PM
  #367  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

ok. I've been trying to get practice in all week for my upcoming series and today was the 1st day of actual full run time practice.
Tuesday the truck broke the rear camber block. The standard plastic one. Luckily the shop had a bin in the back of old yoko parts. Used the block till it was useless and installed a new one. Well than the truck broke a tie rod end ball cap. Rear left.
Well now I run a yossiated truck. LOL.
Used petite rc 17.5 set ups for a baseline set up.
Really enjoying the truck! Its pretty stock minus Yokomo Aluminum Hard Coated Shock Cap Ball Set. YOKYS-8BHA
-d

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 11-02-2023 at 02:40 PM.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 11-02-2023, 02:30 PM
  #368  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know if I can use the updated anti sway bar kit or do I need the original with only 3 bars?
Tried asking yoko but the website doesn't translate all the way.
-ty
Devin
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 11-02-2023, 02:32 PM
  #369  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

ordered spare arms all around. orderd aluminum rear camber block and aluminum front kick plate.
-d
Cain likes this.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 11-03-2023, 10:35 AM
  #370  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,390
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
Anyone know if I can use the updated anti sway bar kit or do I need the original with only 3 bars?
Tried asking yoko but the website doesn't translate all the way.
-ty
Devin
Got a pic of the parts you are referring to? I think that the updates were the mounting parts themselves but want to see what you are seeing.
Cain is offline  
Old 11-03-2023, 05:34 PM
  #371  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Swap bar part #s

#Z2-412F3

YOKZ2-412FTA

Im.specifically asking about these 2 part numbers. Thinking either will work or even the ae one I have but it's for my sct 6.4 and should go on that.
-d
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 11-06-2023, 06:04 AM
  #372  
Tech Adept
 
Nosnarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Okc, ok
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
I am using the truck towers. I am toying with trying a buggy rear tower setup which the Buggy "long" 13mm shocks in the rear.



I tried the buggy front and rear towers with the truck shocks, buggy springs. It worked OK. I was able to get the ride height down to around 17mm pretty easily and it gave me more droop. But it didn't result in any faster lap times.
Cain likes this.
Nosnarb is offline  
Old 11-06-2023, 09:59 AM
  #373  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,390
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nosnarb
I tried the buggy front and rear towers with the truck shocks, buggy springs. It worked OK. I was able to get the ride height down to around 17mm pretty easily and it gave me more droop. But it didn't result in any faster lap times.
cool, how was the angle of the shocks? Any pics?

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 1

So at this race would be the debut for me of the SO 2.0, MO 2.0, and my take on a "TO 2.0", an updated YZ2T stadium truck to what I felt would be TO 2.0 specs as much as possible.

The carpet for this year had been updated to EOS Offroad Carpet and the track lengthened with a long wall ride now on one side. Heard estimates of 45 - 48ft x 90 - 100ft or so.
This layout was definitely challenging with some key areas to make a pass as well as a jump on the longest straight that if you hit it oddly could pitch your car upwards onto a flat landing causing a wheelie effect if you pushed it hard.
The Series also attracted even more top flight drivers from around the region bringing the competition level up as well.




*** TO 2.0 ***

Finally a race report on the conversion I have been working on, with pics to follow. I'll detail more of the stuff on the truck later, but in general its all the things you woudl get from the newer cars, but with AE front and rear a-arms for durability and AE 13mm shocks (at least on the rear, my shock bodies for the front didn't come in on time) for the front.
General configuration:
- 1.7mm front, 1.8mm piston rear
- AE 13mm Springs
- Tekin RSX Pro ESC, Tekin Gen4 13.5 Spec Motor with HT Rotor, Tekin T250 Servo, Protek 4800mah Lipo


Going into this one I was excited to see how the truck was going to do with these changes against the field that had the winner of the 13.5 Stadium truck class at the Jconcepts NCTS5 Final at Island Speedway in attendance.
After going through the qualifers, the truck was a bit tippy with the tires I was using and I worked on some pin trimming action and sidewall gluing based on what i thought would work and tips from other in attendence from what they were seeing. This is probably the best part about this area, racers helping racers regardless of skill levels, etc.

In the end I managed to qualify 3rd, just missing out on the 15 lap pace set by the top 2 by less than a second, which, considering how tippy the truck was versus what they were seeing, was pretty good.
As I wanted to stick with what got me to the show, I worked a bit more on the tires versus a tire swap on the rear as I wasnt sure if it would feel consistent through the race. in the end I may have done better with the tire swap but figured lets just see how it goes.

In the main I was happy to see that I was able to battle with the top two, at times leading the race for a stretch of 3 laps. Various errors and the great driving of the competition I ended up finishing 3rd.
All in all I was happy with how this very first outing of these cars went and I am looking forward to seeing what else I can get out of them!

Big thanks goes out to the RC Underground crew, the various racers at the track who mad the race a fun affair, and my sponsors Yokomo, Protek, and Tekin!





Pics to come of the truck! I'll be putting on the 13mm fronts now the bodies came in.
MaX-D, Nosnarb, dub671 and 1 others like this.
Cain is offline  
Old 11-06-2023, 05:25 PM
  #374  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yz-2t everyone says "was" a great truck. Lol. I didn't know I had purchased a truck from 2018.
well I'm here and I raced northwest indoor series Saturday 17.5 stadium truck with it. 11th overall. 3rd in the b main.
good but not great. 1st time running stadium truck.
had 2 club days and a weeks of 1hr practice with it.

Another racer dropped me off a wing which really allowed me.to push the car harder. A slight front end adjustment and bangerang.

Can't wait to install the metal front kick plate and rear camber block this week. Glad your race went good Cain. Thanks.for the update!
-d
Cain likes this.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is offline  
Old 11-06-2023, 05:37 PM
  #375  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
cool, how was the angle of the shocks? Any pics?

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 1

So at this race would be the debut for me of the SO 2.0, MO 2.0, and my take on a "TO 2.0", an updated YZ2T stadium truck to what I felt would be TO 2.0 specs as much as possible.

The carpet for this year had been updated to EOS Offroad Carpet and the track lengthened with a long wall ride now on one side. Heard estimates of 45 - 48ft x 90 - 100ft or so.
This layout was definitely challenging with some key areas to make a pass as well as a jump on the longest straight that if you hit it oddly could pitch your car upwards onto a flat landing causing a wheelie effect if you pushed it hard.
The Series also attracted even more top flight drivers from around the region bringing the competition level up as well.




*** TO 2.0 ***

Finally a race report on the conversion I have been working on, with pics to follow. I'll detail more of the stuff on the truck later, but in general its all the things you woudl get from the newer cars, but with AE front and rear a-arms for durability and AE 13mm shocks (at least on the rear, my shock bodies for the front didn't come in on time) for the front.
General configuration:
- 1.7mm front, 1.8mm piston rear
- AE 13mm Springs
- Tekin RSX Pro ESC, Tekin Gen4 13.5 Spec Motor with HT Rotor, Tekin T250 Servo, Protek 4800mah Lipo


Going into this one I was excited to see how the truck was going to do with these changes against the field that had the winner of the 13.5 Stadium truck class at the Jconcepts NCTS5 Final at Island Speedway in attendance.
After going through the qualifers, the truck was a bit tippy with the tires I was using and I worked on some pin trimming action and sidewall gluing based on what i thought would work and tips from other in attendence from what they were seeing. This is probably the best part about this area, racers helping racers regardless of skill levels, etc.

In the end I managed to qualify 3rd, just missing out on the 15 lap pace set by the top 2 by less than a second, which, considering how tippy the truck was versus what they were seeing, was pretty good.
As I wanted to stick with what got me to the show, I worked a bit more on the tires versus a tire swap on the rear as I wasnt sure if it would feel consistent through the race. in the end I may have done better with the tire swap but figured lets just see how it goes.

In the main I was happy to see that I was able to battle with the top two, at times leading the race for a stretch of 3 laps. Various errors and the great driving of the competition I ended up finishing 3rd.
All in all I was happy with how this very first outing of these cars went and I am looking forward to seeing what else I can get out of them!

Big thanks goes out to the RC Underground crew, the various racers at the track who mad the race a fun affair, and my sponsors Yokomo, Protek, and Tekin!





Pics to come of the truck! I'll be putting on the 13mm fronts now the bodies came in.
Cain, so nice to put a face with the legendary name after all these years. 🤘
Cain likes this.
MaX-D is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.