Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo  YZ-2T 2WD ST truck >

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Like Tree46Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 09-20-2018, 07:26 PM
  #16  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Geelong
Posts: 206
Default

Pre-ordered, and have a body on its way to the painter!
LOW ET likes this.
stuffandthat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:30 PM
  #17  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
yeah I got a set of FR4 or similar style pads here for the schelle setup actually. I am curious still want exactly is the difference between a schelle and avid setup. I see one is slightly cheaper but with less pads.
The number of pads and a little cosmetics are the only differeces. Kurt Wenger developed the Triad during his time with Avid and when he started Schelle, released a slightly updated version as the Nova, the equivalent of the Triad Evolution without the additional disc springs. Both versions have worked well for me and use the same spur gears. As I've written somewhere else before, every new purchase for me is a Nova as I like to support the product's original designer.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:16 AM
  #18  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (256)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,459
Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
The number of pads and a little cosmetics are the only differeces. Kurt Wenger developed the Triad during his time with Avid and when he started Schelle, released a slightly updated version as the Nova, the equivalent of the Triad Evolution without the additional disc springs. Both versions have worked well for me and use the same spur gears. As I've written somewhere else before, every new purchase for me is a Nova as I like to support the product's original designer.
Heck, I think I have enough parts to just make another slipper setup, I just need that spacer thing shown or did like i did on my other yz2 and shim it.

Pre-ordered the truck here.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:04 AM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (153)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,361
Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)
Default

Graphite or OG YZ-4 composite arms? If graphite, Buy spares.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:07 AM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (153)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,361
Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
wondering if the new split diff will make its way into the buggy versions. Any idea on what offset of wheels work?
considering they are using the same back brace as the YZ-2 DTM2, I would think the new gearbox should be able to be used now on the YZ-2 DTM. CAL models.
Cain likes this.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:38 AM
  #21  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
considering they are using the same back brace as the YZ-2 DTM2, I would think the new gearbox should be able to be used now on the YZ-2 DTM. CAL models.
Similarly to the AE 6.1 series, the YZ-2T chassis has two pairs of holes for the waterfall and the (probably) two laydown gearbox options. If you are not going to use the waterfall, the LD gearbox will fit. Of course, you can always drill and countersink another set of holes yourself if you are skilled enough.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:21 AM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (153)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,361
Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
Similarly to the AE 6.1 series, the YZ-2T chassis has two pairs of holes for the waterfall and the (probably) two laydown gearbox options. If you are not going to use the waterfall, the LD gearbox will fit. Of course, you can always drill and countersink another set of holes yourself if you are skilled enough.
Truck looks nice, I just hope Shin fixed durability issues I had with the YZ-2 CAL2. One gearbox for LD only is what I know of so far (maybe in the future a layback style gear box, god knows the buggy needs one bad since its so light in the rear), haven't heard anything of a second AE style layback transmission, but if your running carpet, that style gearbox wont do any good anyways. Just be prepared to run weight all over the place on the truck on less then high bite scenarios. I was running 125 grams on my YZ-2DTM2 to get enough rear grip at medium bite tracks like OC/RC. Even in stock we were adding a ton of weight. Glad I don't have to do that mess anymore. Hopefully Yokomo revises the YZ-2 chassis to not be as flexible so people stop breaking top decks. Went through a few the last couple weeks I ran the car. (went from dirt to carpet, car didn't like that too much).
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 AM
  #23  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Truck looks nice, I just hope Shin fixed durability issues I had with the YZ-2 CAL2. One gearbox for LD only is what I know of so far (maybe in the future a layback style gear box, god knows the buggy needs one bad since its so light in the rear), haven't heard anything of a second AE style layback transmission, but if your running carpet, that style gearbox wont do any good anyways. Just be prepared to run weight all over the place on the truck on less then high bite scenarios. I was running 125 grams on my YZ-2DTM2 to get enough rear grip at medium bite tracks like OC/RC. Even in stock we were adding a ton of weight. Glad I don't have to do that mess anymore. Hopefully Yokomo revises the YZ-2 chassis to not be as flexible so people stop breaking top decks. Went through a few the last couple weeks I ran the car. (went from dirt to carpet, car didn't like that too much).
I would think the LD is the layback version. Check out the pictures, there are empty mounting holes in front of the waterfall. As for the topdeck, issues on my car ended when I installed the Techra aluminium top deck mounts.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:21 PM
  #24  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (256)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,459
Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
I would think the LD is the layback version. Check out the pictures, there are empty mounting holes in front of the waterfall. As for the topdeck, issues on my car ended when I installed the Techra aluminium top deck mounts.
link to the mounts?

FOr loose stuff, and I mean black dirt loose, real offroad, ended up going to the stand up tranny. That made the most difference.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
  #25  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
link to the mounts?

FOr loose stuff, and I mean black dirt loose, real offroad, ended up going to the stand up tranny. That made the most difference.
http://www.muchmoreracing.net/produc....php?pidx=1494
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...ulkheadMounts/

I bought mine at Tonisport. As Techra is a Muchmore Racing brand, you should be able to order them at any store supported by Joe Pillars.
LOW ET likes this.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:41 AM
  #26  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (256)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,459
Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)
Default

cool thanks, will give these a look. Like the option for some extra weight up front.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:54 AM
  #27  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

If the parts list is correct, the electronics weight is included in the kit.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:17 AM
  #28  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Wiki updated, link to manual.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:30 AM
  #29  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 34
Default

Looking at the new Truck manual, a new tranny will come.
The chassis has now 3 different patters, and the tranny in the truck is called Laydown Dirt.
So there will be a Laydown carpet (big idler), Laydown Dirt (small idler) and a Standup Dirt.

Interesting that some shops do have spares already in stock, like Tony sport, but no cars.
smrcboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:45 AM
  #30  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by smrcboy View Post
Looking at the new Truck manual, a new tranny will come.
The chassis has now 3 different patters, and the tranny in the truck is called Laydown Dirt.
So there will be a Laydown carpet (big idler), Laydown Dirt (small idler) and a Standup Dirt.

Interesting that some shops do have spares already in stock, like Tony sport, but no cars.
Both the kits and parts are in customs as I type, and will arrive at Tonisport tomorrow. As today is a national holiday in Germany, they decided to prepare the webshop yesterday night. Chances are high that my truck will be finished tomorrow night. If I am not mistaken, it is the first kit that arrives earlier than announced!
Cain likes this.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service