Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Default Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Has anyone won any major competitions with an offbrand truck like a traxxas, tamiya or anything like that? Is it possible? Or is losi and associated really that much better?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

They are that much better, but at the club level races the traxxas should be competitive when starting out. When your driving is good enough to tell a differance between the two you may want to invest more money, but untill then just drive it.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Hey whoaaaaaa buddy... Calm down with the acusations there! I wouldnt dare drive a Traxxas!? Who do you think i am? Some lowlife scumbag. I bet you think i buy my clothes from the thrift store too pshhh. I might remind you that i in fact drive a team losi. I would never even drive on the same track as a traxxas let alone OWN one!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Really, because although my Bandit isn't an off-roader, it still hits the on-road oval track in the stock class at a top speed of 35 MPH. Go to our Rides page (www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Rides.html) to see some of the cars we have. I have 24 cars, many of them Traxxas. I also have 2 Associated's, and 4 Losi's. I own many vintage Tamiya cars, and also own even more "Off-Brand" cars than Traxxas. Like G.V. Models.

Off-Brand... I don't mean to sound like a fan boy, because I still race my Losi at the local track, but one in every 15 R/C vehicles sold in the year 2000 was a Traxxas T-MAXX. The Rustler was designed in 1994, and has sold more models than Losi has sold XXX-T's and Associated has sold T4's combined. The Traxxas Stampede is one of the most popular newbie mobiles out there, and if it wasn't for companies like Traxxas, there wouldn't hardly be as many people in this hobby as there are. Think of all the people who got into this hobby because of the Traxxas EZ-Start, or the rugged Stampede. Think about how affordable it is for a newbie to enter this hobby. Remove Tamiya and Traxxas from the list of R/C manufacturers. Now all those parents who would normally consider a rewarding hobby, now say "No, it's too expensive." Do you know why...? Because my XXX-T MFE was expensive as Hell to build. Does our 18T look cheap? Take a good long look at the T-MAXX and the LST, or the MGT, or the Savage. The price difference can be staggering in some instances.

The REVO is a good race vehicle. They are a very good design. Nevermind the TNX, which is also another vehicle that "established racers wouldn't touch." Established drivers like Jimmy Jacobson, and David Jun. Yeah, they wouldn't be caught dead piloting a "Toy" TNX to the finish line of the 5th annual Pro-Line MAXX Challenge... wait... they DID pilot the TNX to the finish line in the 5th annual Pro-Line MAXX Challenge!

That's right, Steve Slayden didn't drive the Traxxas REVO to a podium finish at the 2005 RC Pro Series Monster Truck Finals. As a matter of fact, the top 10 finishes in the A-Main were Revo's... and the others of course were the off-brand CEN trucks. I forgot, those trucks were actually MGT's and LST's with Traxxas and CEN stickers.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Suspended

LOL your funny dude. How did you make all that stuff up about traxxas? Did you just think of all that stuff to say off the top of your head? Your pretty clever. I knew you were joking though when you started talking about how good traxxas was. At first you had me goin though! You funny little man!
Old 02-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This guy is a very insecure person.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Suspended

LOL. Me or him?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, you Gabe.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Dude, why the hell is everyone calling me gabe
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Don't start B S ing us. We know it's you.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Sup Gabe.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Suspended

Ok for one. I was joking with these posts. Second im not Gabe you idiot. Just tell me who he is? Send me an email to my work email address its [email protected]. My name is jake hyten. Look me up on google moron.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry. Your not Gabe. Your a wanna be Gabe. Thats bad.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Forget it. It's not worth us wasting our time.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

agreed. by the way fox where do you race at in Ohio?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.