Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree53Likes

Rustler 4x4 VXL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by twisted
Ran mine for about ten minutes till i broke the front stock axle. i also took the center diff out and put the slipper back in. definitely like the diff better.

Hey twisted I just bought my rustler vxl 4x4 about a month ago, I want to upgrade it and make it my SC truggy for outdoor track hard clay style sane dirt here in NJ. I have some proline pro spec shocks and TRX GTR that I can run, I want to upgrade the axles , Mips or TRX CVD, also is there aluminium hub carriers or knuckles? I ordered some 2.8 badlands and some tbone bumpers etc. Any suggestions to make this better please let me know
Old 12-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Do any of you post videos or photos from an iPhone? Mine says I can’t cause it’s a .MOV. tried changing the formate to most compatible in settings and it still comes up not able to
Old 12-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feuerhammer
Do any of you post videos or photos from an iPhone? Mine says I can’t cause it’s a .MOV. tried changing the formate to most compatible in settings and it still comes up not able to
I only have a iPhone8+. I post video and pictures here, not in this thread. They auto embed video and pictures, something I could never do before the update 6 months ago
Old 12-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well last time i ran the truck i broke a front drive shaft and today when i went to put it back together also found that i blew the inner bearing on the hub. no big deal just have to get a bearing now.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

got a snow run in.

e-fanatic and MaX-D like this.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

I got the new Tbone front bumper and rear wheelie bar for my rustler 4x4. Everything fit good and i like the looks better then stock.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

New wheels!!
New motor and esc os next on the upgrade list
scottc likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Got some paddles for the rears. Then it snowed the very next day!
scottc likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-fanatic

New wheels!!
New motor and esc os next on the upgrade list
love the tires, how are they for ballooning tho, I have some 1/8 scale ones from HK that really balloon bad. how do they match up to the same height of the stock tires. I cant recall but what size are the stock hexs , did you have to change out the hexs for the six packs rims/tires
Theibault likes this.

Last edited by scottc; 12-30-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scottc
love the tires, how are they for ballooning tho, I have some 1/8 scale ones from HK that really balloon bad. how do they match up to the same height of the stock tires. I cant recall but what size are the stock hexs , did you have to change out the hexs for the six packs rims/tires
Direct bolt in to the stock hexs. They balloon less than the stock tires but that might be because they are the ST tire and not the MT. The MT should be the same exact size as the stock tire. These are thinner and have a shorter diameter.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Old 02-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

One of my coworkers bought a rustler 4x4. He took it out this morning for his first run. 5 mins in the front carrier broke on a bad landing. I am giving him my stock ones as I bought the aluminum ones when I got my truck.

Hoping to hit up the local motocross track when we get some decent weather. It will be nice to have someone to bash with!!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

New to this forum, tho I've been on the Traxxas forums for the past 7wks. Technically, I'm not "new" to RC. Had a car many, many years ago (probably before some of you were born, not that it matters), but music became my primary interest as I entered Junior High. Started flying RC helos about 10yrs ago, then switched to drones about 5yrs ago. While I still have my "head in the clouds", it's also good to be "back on the ground".

Picked up the new Rustler 4x4, and been having a blast with it. I haven't broken anything, plus I've done several upgrades to it. First came the CVDs front & rear, followed by replacing the shocks with Pro-Line ProSpec (40wt oil & 'hard' springs in front, 45wt & ''X-hard' in rear). Next, replaced all turnbuckles (incl steering arm) with Lunsford titanium. Several days ago, replaced the servo with a Hitec unit, plus installed STRC aluminum C-hubs, steering knuckles, & rear carriers (also have the steering bellcrank set, but haven't had time to install). The next round will include replacing the ESC (Tekin RX8), motor (Tekin Pro4 3300Kv), and Rx (Futaba R304SBS). after that, probably the motor mount & motor plate. Beyond that, who knows..........

I'm also in the "parts list creation" stage of two build projects, both of which will be using 4x4 LCG pre-roller chassis - one based on the Slash chassis, the other on another Rusty chassis. One chassis was delivered two days ago, while the other should be delivered on Monday. The 'no electronics' parts list for one is (essentially) complete, and, as for the other, just trying to decide on shocks...going big, as in 16mm. Of course, the "bug" to build has also gotten ahold of me, so I just ordered a Team Losi kit, as well...going from 0 to 4 vehicles (even tho 3 of them will be in various stages of being built) is a "bad bug bite". Wish me...and my bank account...the best of luck. Oh, yes...and my marriage, too.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Finally get to try one. It’s not mine. One of the little dudes is having problems. While they go on vacation I’ll see if can figure out what’s going on.

Evaluation run

Old 07-26-2019, 05:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Has anyone else had problems with the body popping off in the front? Probably a dozen times during this video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.