Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Build Complete: Another Traxxas T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool build man. We just started another T-Maxx Lipo Conversion with the Hobbywing Max8 Combo setup in it.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

This looks awesome. How does it run being brushed? It sure looks like something i’d Like to do myself. What i hate the most about electrics is the brakes. Seems like they’re always either too touchy or too soft and make that horrible sound. Plus i like the 2 speed. Might can run it on a 1/10th bl system to save weight and cost. I also like how you still have reverse even though it’s disabled in the esc. Plus it’s just flat out cool. I’ll definitely be trying this one of these days. Awesome stuff here man. Thanks for sharing. I’m off to craigslist to find a maxx roller lol.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It runs quite nicely. Ever driven a Summit? It drives like that except faster. If you build a T-Maxx, nitro or electric, make sure to fab a front swaybar like I did. It makes a huge difference in the truck's handling, by keeping it from tucking-and-rolling every time you turn a corner off-throttle.

Keeping reverse was a requirement for my next electric conversion. I converted a HPI MT2 last year and I missed reverse a whole lot more than I thought I would. I have another MT2 that's still nitro-powered, and it doesn't really seem to matter that it doesn't have reverse, but when the electric version got stuck against some obstacle it really irritated me.

I'm not sure a 1/10 brushless system would actually be less expensive. The Titan 775 motor costs about $25, the Hobbywing ESC I used costs about $40, and even if you converted it to a single-speed so you could have an electronic reverse you'd still have to buy the single-speed kit for the original transmission.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool cool. I’ll definitely check into a sway bar for my e-maxx i have now. And sorry, i was referring to cost and weight savings compared to an 8th scale brushless system with a 4-cell, not your setup. Got any video of it running? I’d love to see the auto shifting in action as well as the performance. And no, never driven a summit. I figured they were pretty slow tho.