Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Like Tree34Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 AM
  #61  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
whiskyshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nanaimo BC Canada
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The 7 tower is a bit different then the stock 6.6 tower as far as shock location hole I believe. The 7 is the same as the v2 tebo towers I'm told. U can still use the 6.6 tower but will have a slightly different shock geometry.
Knockoffracer likes this.
whiskyshooter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:48 AM
  #62  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
azeroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Da Burbs
Posts: 1,114
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I have installed the rb7 arms knuckles and cf shock towers on my rb6 direct bolt on but you will need to swap out a ball cup on the top link and the tie rod assembled in a different combo between the 2 along with a shock end change
Knockoffracer likes this.
azeroth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:58 AM
  #63  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 167
Default

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer View Post
Hi guys. Mainly been in the RB6.6 thread. Knew about the 7 but didn't want to wait, plus the killer sale AMain had on the 6.6, I couldn't say no to it. I'd love to fit the gullwing front arms to mine as I'm sure most of you will do. Think they will be a direct fit?
I did a conversion for all the plastic parts on my RB6.6 and the front gullwing arms are a direct bolt in. The front shock towers are the same, you compensate for the loss of droop by installing the lower front shock ends as per manual. You also need to get the revised front steering knuckle to take advantage of the new steering ackerman. The front bulkhead has a different part number but to me it looks identical, and it might only be different in the fact that you have a place to mount the front sway bar. I also shortened the rear wheel base by 1 mm via shims according to the manual. I only deviated by keeping my roll center links in the outer front holes vs the middle holes and I took the ball stud washers off to get as much steering as possible.

I ran this setup in at cruisin with rc last weekend, and it runs good esp with schumacher cut staggers in the front. I have a video of it on youtube.
mes and Knockoffracer like this.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:19 AM
  #64  
Tech Adept
 
Knockoffracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 136
Default

Originally Posted by s14_tat View Post
I did a conversion for all the plastic parts on my RB6.6 and the front gullwing arms are a direct bolt in. The front shock towers are the same, you compensate for the loss of droop by installing the lower front shock ends as per manual. You also need to get the revised front steering knuckle to take advantage of the new steering ackerman. The front bulkhead has a different part number but to me it looks identical, and it might only be different in the fact that you have a place to mount the front sway bar. I also shortened the rear wheel base by 1 mm via shims according to the manual. I only deviated by keeping my roll center links in the outer front holes vs the middle holes and I took the ball stud washers off to get as much steering as possible.

I ran this setup in at cruisin with rc last weekend, and it runs good esp with schumacher cut staggers in the front. I have a video of it on youtube.

You run Cruizin?? I'll be there Sunday to see the Points race. If I can get involved in club racing, I think that's where I would like to go. It's only a little over an hour from my house so it's close. Trains and Lanes is closer...

Steve has been a help with tire choices for my RB6.6 and DB-01. As well as battery help. I also like the look of the track. Should be a bit of a challenge fore as I've never driven 1/10 on an actual track.

What's the YT channel? I'll check it out

Last edited by Knockoffracer; 09-21-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Knockoffracer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:53 AM
  #65  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 167
Default

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer View Post
You run Cruizin?? I'll be there Sunday to see the Points race. If I can get involved in club racing, I think that's where I would like to go. It's only a little over an hour from my house so it's close. Trains and Lanes is closer...

Steve has been a help with tire choices for my RB6.6 and DB-01. As well as battery help. I also like the look of the track. Should be a bit of a challenge fore as I've never driven 1/10 on an actual track.

What's the YT channel? I'll check it out
I live in queens and my local track on long island closed down, so two weeks ago was the first time I ever drove at cruizin. If it wasn't for the tolls, and if they had longer hours, I would go there more often. I am running proline pyramids in the back and I used to run proline square wedges but there was one particular turn that I kept under steering on even with setup change. Once I put on the schumacher yellow cut staggers, all understeer had been eliminated and the thing has laser responsive steering.

Look up cruizin with rc kyosho rb6.6, there are 2 vidoes. One is the shorter one with me running all proline tires, and the 2nd one is longer with me running the schumachers. You can see a big difference in how much tighter I can run the lines. I do no have enough post to link url's yet. My buggy is the white, orange and yellow one with the really cab forward body.

I am not a fast guy by any stretch. I am mid pack in the c main and maybe get bumped to the b main if the turn out is small.
Knockoffracer likes this.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:44 PM
  #66  
Tech Adept
 
Knockoffracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 136
Default

Found the videos, looks good going around. Don't have to be fast to have a good time! Sucks your local track closed down. We had one in West Milford called Track Time raceway for what felt like 5 minutes.

So I'll pick up the RB7 front end at some point. Hell, might even go for the 7 all together and build the 6.6 for clay as I'd like to give that a shot as well.
Knockoffracer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:01 PM
  #67  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 167
Default

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer View Post
Found the videos, looks good going around. Don't have to be fast to have a good time! Sucks your local track closed down. We had one in West Milford called Track Time raceway for what felt like 5 minutes.

So I'll pick up the RB7 front end at some point. Hell, might even go for the 7 all together and build the 6.6 for clay as I'd like to give that a shot as well.
I luckily race with like 5 people who are around my skill level so we race each other and have a great time. Next time I head out I will pm you. Believe or not, I signed up because of you. We both have the same buggy which is very rare in this neck of the woods and we both run at the same track.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:24 PM
  #68  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 163
Default

I​​​​​​ wonder if Kyosho keeps developing this car and maybe updates the gear box with state of the art easy access and height adjustment for the Diff in the near future?
M.Boos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:57 AM
  #69  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 493
Default

Probably with the next gen Rb7.7
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
  #70  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,289
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whiskyshooter View Post
The 7 tower is a bit different then the stock 6.6 tower as far as shock location hole I believe. The 7 is the same as the v2 tebo towers I'm told. U can still use the 6.6 tower but will have a slightly different shock geometry.
I was able to line up my stock 6.6 and 7 front and rear towers and the holes are exactly the same fwiw.
MikeR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:19 PM
  #71  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
whiskyshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nanaimo BC Canada
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone had it out on carpet yet?
XSRCdesign likes this.
whiskyshooter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM
  #72  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 37
Default Standup

Is there a parts list somewhere I can put the stand up on the rb7
Pullstix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 PM
  #73  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 493
Default

just use the rb6.6 gearbox. Unless your on really loose dirt, stand up is not necessary.
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 PM
  #74  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 37
Default Standup

Yehh I'm on loose dirt. Clay outdoor low grip. I'm going try add some weight at the back first.

Pullstix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:57 AM
  #75  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
rcbuggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 493
Default

try the brass c block
rcbuggy88 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service