Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Like Tree353Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Old 12-08-2020, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcerven94
Does anyone have a solution for the sloppy plastic ball inserts that go in the shock ends and shock caps?
The plot keeps thickening on this fine kit. The steel Associated pivot balls that I showed in the post above are an absolute perfect fit........ With the short course plastic shock caps. The caps on the buggy are the same part number with a -B at the end of it. They are .1 mm smaller hole measured with a caliper. I know it's a concave type hole but it still gets the point across. With the buggy caps those inserts go in but don't pivot freely. With a little fine sanding and some grease I'm sure they'll be just fine. They won't work at the other end of the shock as the shock rod end holes are smaller than the shock caps holes. Actually the plastic balls provided in the kit are a perfect fit for the rod ends but I don't want to use the plastic ones so I'll come up with something that works, I hope. I don't want to run AE rod ends to make a good fit but it might come down to that. I'll let everyone know what I come up with
Old 12-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khan48
Losi has sets of anodized washers that are very close to the kyosho ones and a good bit cheaper.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...8aAl5rEALw_wcB

On the collars, I wonder if I got parts where the tolerances ran up in the wrong direction and made everything tight. You may be good to grease the collar and universal before assembling without doing the heating and cooling of parts.
I assembled two RB7's and have not had an issue with the universal collars. They are pretty tight, but I just put it on an edge and slid them in place using my finger nails. have you tried using pliers? they are supposed to be tight so they don't come off. I have actually remove one and put it back of for some pictures. Some of you might remember me doing that because someone was questioning if the pins were badly worn.
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
Here are the pictures you requested. There are no signs of wear. I wiggled it to see if there was any slop and there wasn't any. I guess Kyosho must be using a better material that what you have seen from those other shafts. As you can see by the heavy debris, this car gets used a lot. This is also with him using the bigger tires off his Slash. Also, after I pulled the retaining ring off, I was reminded that there are additional holes in the shaft cup so if one set of holes gets worn, turn it 90 degrees and use the other set of holes.

Maybe because you having the alloy drive shafts in the SS kit and mine being the steel ones made the difference? Either way, mine happened to be super tight.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

I also built a regular RB7. It was the same. I'm a pretty big guy, so that might have play a role in it. Either way, I do agree that they are tight. They definitely serve the purpose of keeping the pins in.

What class do you plan on racing it in?
Old 12-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The backyard track class 😂. But, there are a few real tracks nearby so I bought a 17.5t stock motor if I want to try racing.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Khan48
The backyard track class 😂. But, there are a few real tracks nearby so I bought a 17.5t stock motor if I want to try racing.

My son bashes his an races it. When bashing, he puts SCT wheels on it. It goes pretty good. So far, the only thing he has broke is the body.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the rb6.6 3 hole rear suspension arms (kyoumw711b) the same as the rb7 rear arms (kyoumw742) with the narrow pivot setting?
Old 12-17-2020, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dcerven94
Are the rb6.6 3 hole rear suspension arms (kyoumw711b) the same as the rb7 rear arms (kyoumw742) with the narrow pivot setting?

From what I have been told, yes. The only big difference between the two arms is the RB7 arms are gullwing and the RB6.6 is flat. I have not tried to swap them personally.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The RB7 rear arms are the same, shock mounting hole wise. The difference is the outer hub pivot is now a plastic insert that can be flipped to give a wide/narrow width. Both are gull type. The original RB6 had the flat rear arms.
dcerven94 likes this.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dmcguire
The RB7 rear arms are the same, shock mounting hole wise. The difference is the outer hub pivot is now a plastic insert that can be flipped to give a wide/narrow width. Both are gull type. The original RB6 had the flat rear arms.
Yes that threw me for a loop when building my rb7ss. When the manual has you attach the arms to the chassis they show the inserts going in at that point. Later on when you go to install the hubs it shows the arms without the inserts. That got me thinking that I seemed to remember a manual supplement sheet in the box so I went to look at it. It showed me that the brass spacers I had leftover when I assembled the rear hubs should have gone in between the bearings. The SS model has different axles and spacers and doesn't show the brass spacers being used. I thought they should still go in but decided to follow the manual. When I went and found that supplement it had me disassembling and putting them in, a little frustrating but not terrible. Just glad I caught it or I could have run the car indefinitely with no spacer between the bearings in the rear hubs
Old 12-21-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Kyosho just released new aluminum shock towers for the RB7. Too bad they are not anodized dark gray like their other parts.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Kyosho just released new aluminum shock towers for the RB7. Too bad they are not anodized dark gray like their other parts.
Surprised (but happy) to see new products released for this platform. I agree they look black anodized. We can hope it's an illusion and that they really are that awesome chocolate brown color. Sometimes that color can be tough to photograph. Actually when I bought the front aluminum pivot block, as I looked at it through the bag I was disappointed to see it was black instead of that brown color. Kept looking at it and thought it doesn't look exactly black, took it out and it was that awesome color we love. I had no idea these were even in existence. How did you find out about it?
Old 12-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Surprised (but happy) to see new products released for this platform. I agree they look black anodized. We can hope it's an illusion and that they really are that awesome chocolate brown color. Sometimes that color can be tough to photograph. Actually when I bought the front aluminum pivot block, as I looked at it through the bag I was disappointed to see it was black instead of that brown color. Kept looking at it and thought it doesn't look exactly black, took it out and it was that awesome color we love. I had no idea these were even in existence. How did you find out about it?

I was on Kyosho's home page and looked under the "What's New" tab. They release a bunch of new accessories, but these are the only ones for the RB7.
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

I was on Kyosho's home page and looked under the "What's New" tab. They release a bunch of new accessories, but these are the only ones for the RB7.
Speaking of what's new, the door has been breached and this is what was behind it. No spoilers here. You'll just have to see for yourself. Of course the name in the link kind of gives it away
https://rc.kyosho.com/en/inferno_mp10_tki2
Old 12-21-2020, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Speaking of what's new, the door has been breached and this is what was behind it. No spoilers here. You'll just have to see for yourself. Of course the name in the link kind of gives it away
https://rc.kyosho.com/en/inferno_mp10_tki2

Yea...
I noticed that. I started a thread on here about it. I'm wondering when the E-version will come out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.