Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Like Tree76Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Old 11-16-2020, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I feel your pain but I have a theory on this. It's possible maybe stress fractures and other things were accumulating over those two years but weren't quite the final straw that that tumble was. First time I took that same Yokomo buggy on the track I had numerous gruesome crashes. Time after time nothing broke and at the end of the night I went out for the last couple of laps before the track shut down and I did what seemed like an innocent casing of a jump and a rear arm snapped. Had me thinking the actual damage likely occurred earlier in the night and that final seemingly minor hit was the final straw. I guess I would compare it to finding broken parts during normal inspection and maintenance that didn't affect the way the car performed. Certainly the major breakage would have happened the next time out on the track
i agree with your assessment

Last edited by Raman; 11-28-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Check out my slider in the marketplace: Ultimate Kyosho RB7 slider package
Old 11-21-2020, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed90 View Post
Check out my slider in the marketplace: Ultimate Kyosho RB7 slider package
Yes if only I had seen this a couple of weeks ago. I recently bought one RB7ss from my local hobby shop and one each RB7 and RB7ss online but this is definitely a great find for someone that doesn't have one yet
Old 11-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes if only I had seen this a couple of weeks ago. I recently bought one RB7ss from my local hobby shop and one each RB7 and RB7ss online but this is definitely a great find for someone that doesn't have one yet

Hey Milkdudd.
Have you been out racing your RB7 lately? How have you been doing with it? I haven't been racing for a couple months. I've been busy and then I wrecked on my quad and got a little bruised up.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Hey Milkdudd.
Have you been out racing your RB7 lately? How have you been doing with it? I haven't been racing for a couple months. I've been busy and then I wrecked on my quad and got a little bruised up.
Actually about 20% complete with assembly. Going back and forth between the RB7 and finishing up the SC6 short course truck. When I do go to the track I've been running my Yokomo buggy and stadium truck and also my B74 Associated wheeler. So not a huge rush to finish the Kyosho builds. I've been buying upgrade parts here on the forum, online and at my local hobby shop. Waiting on some of these parts stops me in my tracks on the assembling
Old 11-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

As I mentioned in the post above I'm waiting on some parts to complete my RB7ss. One part I can't find anywhere is the UMW728 aluminum battery post set. It seems to be out of production. I did post in the wanted to buy section with no success so far. Thought I would try here on this Kyosho thread to see if any of you chaps know where I could find one or would like to sell me one? I just know one of my rctech brothers will come through for me
Old 11-25-2020, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

As I mentioned in the post above I'm waiting on some parts to complete my RB7ss. One part I can't find anywhere is the UMW728 aluminum battery post set. It seems to be out of production. I did post in the wanted to buy section with no success so far. Thought I would try here on this Kyosho thread to see if any of you chaps know where I could find one or would like to sell me one? I just know one of my rctech brothers will come through for me

Have you thought about going with the Exotek carbon battery mounts?
Old 11-25-2020, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, how much different is the RB6 to the RB7? Please elaborate with your answers, I'm tempted to go for the 7 instead,
Old 11-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Have you thought about going with the Exotek carbon battery mounts?
I still might. I think it's likely I'll use this aluminum post set for my SC6 short course. If I can find one that is. I think I like this one best of all with the o-rings but so far I can't figure out who makes it. I don't think it's dark side. I seem to remember a couple of months ago that it might be a company in Europe

Old 11-27-2020, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thats my old car, the battery hold down is made by E.S Racing on facebook, eddy sccs is the guys name
Old 11-27-2020, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Headling View Post
Thats my old car, the battery hold down is made by E.S Racing on facebook, eddy sccs is the guys name
Thanks are you talking about the guy in Thailand? If that's the one I don't see any RC products. Mostly motorcycle and scooter fairing products. Nothing I have found so far is in English so I can't function over there. Is there a US distributor? Thanks
Looking further it seems it might require drilling through the aluminum chassis. If that's correct I probably wouldn't be interested in after all.unless I get a drill press which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time anyway
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much different is the RB6 to the RB7? Please elaborate with your answers, I'm tempted to go for the 7 instead,
Here's a quick list of what the RB7 has over the RB6:
  • 4mm shorter, 2.5mm thick, 7075 hard anodized aluminum chassis, delivers faster cornering and increased grip with optimized flex.
  • Improved front knuckles/hubs provides better handling with updated ackerman location.
  • New body and wing with integrated fin for more traction and stability.
  • Gull-wing style front suspension arms for improved response, with optional front sway bar mounting positions.
  • Multi-configuration rear suspension arms. (short/long via inserts)
  • Aluminum rear suspension holders included in kit.
  • Wing is now screw mounted and wing stay has improved durability.
  • New design "waterfall" transmission brace.
  • Updated ring captured universals for increased reliability.
  • Includes lowered spring cups for high traction situations
However, about 90% of the parts, from the RB6, can be swapped onto the RB7. For example, the gearboxes and arms from the RB6 will fit the RB7.
=Arise= likes this.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Milkdudd.
Amain Hobbys has that battery post mount your looking for. The have it in stock for online purchases.COVID-19: We ask for your understanding as you may experience delivery delays.

Kyosho RB7 Aluminum Battery Post Set

KYOUMW754
Kyosho
Related Products

In Stock Online
Usually ships in 24 hours
$1.99 flat rate shipping! Learn More Price: $14.49
Add to Cart
Save In List
Write the first review
AMain Hobbies Chico (Check Others)
Chico, CA
(530) 894-0796
Out Of Stock In Store Learn More
This item earns up to 14 VIP Reward Points
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up but I have already asked my LHS to order me one. Anyone looking to pick up the buggy for $219 better not wait much longer. Absolute Hobbyz is down to their final three and the only other place I see it discounted is RC planet in Utah but I don't know how many they have. Other than that I think it's eBay for $369 and up
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the heads up but I have already asked my LHS to order me one. Anyone looking to pick up the buggy for $219 better not wait much longer. Absolute Hobbyz is down to their final three and the only other place I see it discounted is RC planet in Utah but I don't know how many they have. Other than that I think it's eBay for $369 and up

I'm fighting myself on getting another one for parts. I just bought a set of rear shocks, for the stadium truck project, and that set me back $60 and that was a great deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.