R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Wicked European Offroad Tracks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/101894-wicked-european-offroad-tracks.html)

nashrcracer 02-14-2006 07:13 PM

Wicked European Offroad Tracks

that is stupid insane and blue carpet to boot.
http://www.rmc-wien.at/ec2006/info.php?rmc=track

party_wagon 02-14-2006 07:34 PM

it looks pretty ordinary, other then the 15 foot tall high bank turn.

WheelNut 02-14-2006 07:40 PM

:eek: Man thats crazy! Imagine launching off of that corner! :sneaky: I suppose that the track would be very consistent, and easier on tires with all the carpet.

Jhyten 02-15-2006 03:33 AM

Awesome

That is awesome!

squarehead 02-15-2006 06:34 AM

Ordinary? On what planet is that ordinary? :lol:

Looks like the blue carpet on the front straight/turn 1 banking is all Photoshopped in for some reason, too. Odd.

I'd love to run a track that had as much character as that. We seem to have gotten to the point in the US where everything is a hard-packed, tacky clay surface, and the racers complain if it isn't. We should look at our recent performance at the Worlds to see why the Euro drivers are so much better at adapting to less than perfect surfaces. They run brick, asphalt, tile, dirt, carpet and grass, and sometimes all on the same track! Off road is more than a TT track running slick tires and touring cars with longer suspension travel.

LOVE THAT TRACK!

Tres 02-15-2006 09:34 AM

WOW...
Try and marshall on the vert ramp... :weird:

TheTurtleMan 02-15-2006 09:58 AM

That looks like it would be very sweet to put a bump pass in that corner. :sneaky:

party_wagon 02-15-2006 11:54 AM

Using all that carpet like that is just lazy. You can build a frame for the dirt, but the inconsistancy of the dirt is what makes off road so much fun. If you want a super consistant track then go and run on road not off road. Landing a big double and having to worry about what direction your car will be pointed as soon as you clear the ruts at the bottom of the jump is what makes off road so great. Jumps can only add so much to a track, its the ruts caused by wear and the 3 inches of rain that passed through 3 nights earlier that make off road so great.

mremtr 02-15-2006 02:08 PM

Spoken words of someone that DOESN'T OWN and OPERATE a track !!!
All that carpet is AWSOME WAY low maintanance !! I own and operate one of the largest offroad tracks in NewEngland and fixing jumps and corners can be a royal pain ! I like to drive ,not worry if I am going to land right side up or not ? What fun is that getting marshalled ? The object is to keep the wheels right side down ! :nod:

Stevietd14 02-15-2006 03:05 PM

They should take off the railings on the top of the vert ramp turn so then If you put down a bad qual or something you can launch off that thing in anger.As opposed to my track where people just slam into the brick wall when they're angry. :batman:

ChadCapece 02-15-2006 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
They should take off the railings on the top of the vert ramp turn so then If you put down a bad qual or something you can launch off that thing in anger.As opposed to my track where people just slam into the brick wall when they're angry. :batman:

they already did that: Check out "Kill a Losi" :sneaky:

http://www.rmc-wien.at/downloads.php

party_wagon 02-15-2006 09:47 PM

Did I say it wasn't low maintanance? lazy=low maintanance right? If you don't want to work on a track then open up an on road track, bust out the blower and 10 minutes later its race time. If you do all the work on your track by yourself then perhaps theres a problem. I mean, honestly if you aren't going to race off road on dirt then why not just set up box jumps in a wal-mart parking lot and call it off road? I mean great traction and a very consistant track right? Where I have run people are always willing to give assistance when its asked for, sometimes they are rewarded with a free race day. A big pile of dirt, a drivers stand, and a parcel of land to race on is a lot to ask for as it is. Perhaps you need to do a little research into keeping the jumps togather. I believe the track I run at will actualy add powdered laundry detergent to the water when they wet the track to help keep it togather, and yes the jumps virtualy never rut. Drainage from ditches overflowing and moving dirt is what causes problems.

mremtr 02-16-2006 02:32 AM

Lazy = low maintainance ? YA OK .... You have no idea do you .... :weird:
What they did was to keep the jumps consistant , no one likes bad jumps ,except maybe you , the entire track is not carpeted ,so you still have dirt to race on. I love it when non track builders say anything, and most of the time it is those people that never lend a hand for maintainance either, oh maybe the spayed the track with water , get a shovel or a rake and build your own track ,say 150' X 100' with 10' lanes and jumps galore , then you might just know what work is , and all this so you and your friends can play with toy cars, ;) LOL

Crim3Wav3 02-16-2006 09:10 AM

etmr

Well, i thought I'd chime in since things seem to be getting heated.

I race at mretmr's track...it is VERY well kept but, living in New England, we dont have the opportunity to have the same "layout" every week....the weather changes the track for us! When it rains, the jumps are the first to get destroyed...not to mention the wicked set of HUGE tabletop jumps....

And after the MrETMR switched a few of the problem areas to plywood faced jumps, those areas were NEVER a problem again. While I still prefer the natural dirt jumps, it didnt make sense to have an inconsistant jump in that area of the track, as the jumps were parallel to the main straight :eek:

so, whenever it is necessary to add man-made surfaces to improve the potential disasters that could occur, I say GO FOR IT!

oople 02-16-2006 10:23 AM

Party_wagon ...not everyone lives in california mate. :sweat:

At my local track (grass, astro, brick, concrete, clay) the clay corner is high maintenance, there are no such things as shop owned tracks here, its a club, people turn up and spend their time working on it.. you really think we have time to spend 10 hours grooming a dirt track after kids have cycled in the mud ?? haha
I tell you what
THIS
Photo reminds me of, a touring car track ofcourse... :confused: lol

On another note, Im going to the euros track in august, doing 2wd at the moment but hoping to get in for 4wd also.. Cant wait, looks amazing.