Like Tree100Likes

Mugen MBX8 Eco

Old 06-28-2021, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by phattracker View Post
Ran on a medium/high grip track this weekend. Car was great, loved every minute of it. I am seeing (on hard braking hairpin corners with a dig at exit) my rear inside wheel lifting up of the track. Any recommendations or advices as too why? It was really easy to drive down into those corners hard, even though I had the wheel lift. I can't help but think it was costing me when I needed to dig on the power for exits though. Box setup (location wise) 35/30 f/r, 5/8/3 diffs. Also, I ran 1 set of proline positrons, s3, and after 3, 5 minute qualifiers and a 10 min main I had used about 95% of the tread up on the fronts and about 60% on the rear. Sound normal? I'd like to shim my pivot balls a bit to adjust my camber..are there different thickness washers available for the balls?
A thicker front swaybar should help against this. Or a softer rear swaybar.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all!
I am currently building this buggy for the first time and noticed my chassis is slightly bent downward on the rear end side. None of my other buggies have this so I was wondering if this was normal? I am nearly done building the buggy and everything fits perfectly though.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Ran on a medium/high grip track this weekend. Car was great, loved every minute of it. I am seeing (on hard braking hairpin corners with a dig at exit) my rear inside wheel lifting up of the track. Any recommendations or advices as too why? It was really easy to drive down into those corners hard, even though I had the wheel lift. I can't help but think it was costing me when I needed to dig on the power for exits though. Box setup (location wise) 35/30 f/r, 5/8/3 diffs. Also, I ran 1 set of proline positrons, s3, and after 3, 5 minute qualifiers and a 10 min main I had used about 95% of the tread up on the fronts and about 60% on the rear. Sound normal? I'd like to shim my pivot balls a bit to adjust my camber..are there different thickness washers available for the balls?
running those tires will burn up pretty quick regardless. is your car unloading? (tires ballooning in front) if they are then run 10k in the center.
this makes the car accelerate more evenly and is good for initial hit as well.
phattracker likes this.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is the total weight of your car inc tires, battery, and body? Race ready.

And what battery and upgrades are you running?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Shock setup question for you guys:

Will 1.1 x 10 hole pistons have more pack than the 1.2 x 8, with the same oil?

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rmpsocal View Post
Shock setup question for you guys:

Will 1.1 x 10 hole pistons have more pack than the 1.2 x 8, with the same oil?

Thanks.
Yes, more and smaller holes have more pack.
Rmpsocal likes this.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What springs are you all keeping on hand? Mainly run a dusty, low grip outdoor track that tends to get rough but smaller jumps. The other track we race at is a clay mixture outdoor track that is fairly smooth with larger jumps.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I recently put the Drake setup from the DNC race but couldn't get the ride height. Has anyone else had that problem?
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

1) shorten your front droop or lengthen your rear droop
2) thicken front shock oil
you have too much roll. weight transfers when you brake, accelerate and or during turns do all kinds of pressure on your suspension. these 2 suggestions should help.. I assume ride height is stock 24m front and 26m rear.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any one used 2*2s shorty batteries on mbx8e? And how to mount that? Thanks
Old 09-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muunan View Post
Any one used 2*2s shorty batteries on mbx8e? And how to mount that? Thanks
Old 09-07-2021, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

What should I change in my setup if my car feels very twitchy in the steering? If I move the wheel on the controller just a tiny bit it feels like the car turns a lot. And then I have to correct the steering the other way. Makes it hard to hold a race line.

Runing 10,7,5 I the diffs and around 600 front and 450-550 in the back shocks. Bars are around 2,4 front and 2,6-2,7 in the back. ( If I go thicker rollbar in the front I feel like I loose the ability to go around hairpins)

I also have the steering curve on my Sanwa set to -20.

Thanks inn advance.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jurassic579 View Post
What should I change in my setup if my car feels very twitchy in the steering? If I move the wheel on the controller just a tiny bit it feels like the car turns a lot. And then I have to correct the steering the other way. Makes it hard to hold a race line.

Runing 10,7,5 I the diffs and around 600 front and 450-550 in the back shocks. Bars are around 2,4 front and 2,6-2,7 in the back. ( If I go thicker rollbar in the front I feel like I loose the ability to go around hairpins)

I also have the steering curve on my Sanwa set to -20.

Thanks inn advance.
Move the shocks in, move the steering links further back on the ackerman plate, thicker front diff, raise the camber links
Jurassic579 likes this.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Move the shocks in, move the steering links further back on the ackerman plate, thicker front diff, raise the camber links
Thank you for this. Found an human error on the settings of my Sanwa also 🥶.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hello, I need new shock end balls. Does anyone know if any other brand will work other than Mugen? In a hurry and want to see if my LHS has something that will work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.