Like Tree34Likes

Mugen MBX8 Eco

Old 06-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So anyone else not get any specific MBX8 ECO decals for their kit?
Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks, but looking for an editable set-up sheet. Anybody?
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by criss2115 View Post
Thanks, but looking for an editable set-up sheet. Anybody?
Sorry, gave you the wrong link.. try this: http://site.petitrc.com/setup/mugen/...SetupSheet.pdf
Old 06-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa View Post
Sorry, gave you the wrong link.. try this: http://site.petitrc.com/setup/mugen/...SetupSheet.pdf
Thank you my friend!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa View Post
So anyone else not get any specific MBX8 ECO decals for their kit?
I got a large sheet of Mugen Seiki decals, none of mine say anything else but Mugen Seiki. They look great though.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

I am really liking this new buggy. I got my kit in on Saturday and spent the rest of that day building it. Yesterday I gave it a few runs in the parking lot to break it in, and to get my radio setting just right. I had a blast, my new hobby wing Xerun XR8 Plus with G2 1900kv ran so smooth.

This buggy is wicked smooth, and oh so quiet. It's belt drive quiet....it's the silent assassin. This weekend will be the first race with my completely new setup, I probably won't do much assassinating, but I can guarantee you I will be having a ball.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Setup

Anybody got a good starting point setup... Maifield, Drake, ect. None have yet to put up a setup, I am sure knowing the kit setup cant be great
Old 06-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jnorwood_losi View Post
Anybody got a good starting point setup... Maifield, Drake, ect. None have yet to put up a setup, I am sure knowing the kit setup cant be great
I haven't seen any for the ECO. You said "the kit setup can't be great"....most manufacturers spend a lot of time getting the kit setup perfected. It very well could be great. I will see about that this weekend, at a series race. T&T Hobbies, Shreveport Louisiana.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I helped my buddy with his new MBX8 ECO, the box setup wasn't great... The car didn't have enough high speed dampening and chassis slapped off of every jump. We changed pistons to 1.5x5 front and rear with 550 cst front and rear, we added max droop and unscrewed the shock ends 2 turns, we also changes springs but off the top of my head I don't know which springs we ended up using. We then lengthened the rear camber link to the longest setting and the car was much better. I think the next thing we should have tried is adjusting the ackerman the the front hole and maybe try the shorter camber link setting.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

I just put my MBX7r Eco setup on it and adjusted the diff oil to 5/7/3, all good.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Just run the kit set up man. They spend hundreds of hours testing set ups, they give you that set up for a reason. Because that's what they feel is best.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barillms View Post
Just run the kit set up man. They spend hundreds of hours testing set ups, they give you that set up for a reason. Because that's what they feel is best.
Tuning will always be required to get maximum performance for you, on your track. But don't tune anything until you know what you're changing it and why you're changing it! Copying a set-up that was supposedly used by a pro racer doesn't mean it is a good set-up for you or for your track.

(I seriously doubt that those set-up sheets are exactly what racers are running. None of those set-up sheets show custom drilled pistons, but I'm sure the pros are not just using the stock pistons. Just an example.)

Stock is a safe starting point that [should] work [sort of okay] in all conditions.

It's probably best to run the stock set-up until you find something that needs to be changed. Don't go changing stuff just because...

No one setup can be perfect. It's impossible. There is such a wide range of surfaces, track conditions, track lengths, and jump configurations, etc. Loose tracks require different settings from high traction tracks, and these set-ups may be the opposite in some regards. Soft springs vs. stiff springs; high camber link mounting position vs. low mounting. Shock oil changes with springs, AND with temperature.

Tuning is complicated, and it's easier to make your car worse than it is to make it better. So yes, tune the car, but only do one change at a time. Find what works; beware of copying others.
Waflet likes this.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=symmetricon;15248302].....We then lengthened the rear camber link to the longest setting and the car was much better. QUOTE]

Your friend might want to look the car over, the kit setup for the rear chamber link IS the long setting, not the short.

I am going over my new build and I accidentally mixed matched hinge pin inserts, along with a few other setup issues.

Here is my quick paint job to get me to this weekend race.

joNathanW likes this.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

[QUOTE=slackinoff;15248755]
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
.....We then lengthened the rear camber link to the longest setting and the car was much better. QUOTE]

Your friend might want to look the car over, the kit setup for the rear chamber link IS the long setting, not the short.

I am going over my new build and I accidentally mixed matched hinge pin inserts, along with a few other setup issues.

Here is my quick paint job to get me to this weekend race.

The stock setting is in the middle of the hub... We also switched to the upper hole in the rear hub.
slackinoff likes this.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=symmetricon;15248758]
Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post

The stock setting is in the middle of the hub... We also switched to the upper hole in the rear hub.

Well shame on me, I see what you meant. I didn't even think about the hub side.

Rm

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service