Like Tree61Likes

Mugen MBX8 Eco

Old 08-14-2019, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RioImmagina View Post
Hello,
i am sure the question has already been asked, but I am at the phone and somehow I can't find the answer with the search function.
I am considering the mbx8 eco as my next buggy. I come from an Xray xb8e 2015. I am pretty impervious to brands fashion, simply looks like that Mugen cars perform well at the tracks I go to, and I appreciate the simplicity and the resemblance with the xray platform.
That said, which parts tend to break or wear out commonly? I'm a decent driver and definitely not a beginner, yet I dare hence sometimes I crash.
any advice?
thanks!
It's a really strong car. I have only broken a front shock shaft so far. I hit a pole next to a jump :/
Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

I tried the upper hole on the rear hub today (closest to the axle) and was realy impressed with how the car handled on astro. It was much less prone to traction rolling than before and I could keep more speeds in trough fast sweeping turns.

Rear camber was about 4 degrees after the change and I keept the same ride height and "shock length" as before (118mm), which equals quite a bit less down trawel.

Due to the reduced down trawel it was slightly worse over the jumps but I can live with that for now (have some new piston on the way for testing).

Besides the changes mentioned here the setup is identical to the one last posted setup sheet.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ronsand View Post
I tried the upper hole on the rear hub today (closest to the axle) and was realy impressed with how the car handled on astro. It was much less prone to traction rolling than before and I could keep more speeds in trough fast sweeping turns.

Rear camber was about 4 degrees after the change and I keept the same ride height and "shock length" as before (118mm), which equals quite a bit less down trawel.

Due to the reduced down trawel it was slightly worse over the jumps but I can live with that for now (have some new piston on the way for testing).

Besides the changes mentioned here the setup is identical to the one last posted setup sheet.
Yes, the upper holes in the rear hub, lower the roll center. It will make the car roll more and it will have more traction.
The downtravel should increase when going from the lower to upper hole on the hub. Put you car on a stand with a setup board under it and meassure the distance between the axel. Youi'll see how it changes.
And it's also important to reset ride height after making the change.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Yes you are right about the increased downtrawel (unless you adjust it), don't know what I was thinking about 🤣 Of course rideheigt and camber have to be reset.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey does anyone run Hobbywing Combo XR8 Plus and 1900KV if so what ESC settings do you use for the MBX8 Eco.

Cheers
Frank
Old Today, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Here is my current set up that works really well on our astro track. I have also received the VRP 6x1.3 game changer pistons and plan to test them in the near future. 😀