plug in gens ace battery (will it fit?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

plug in gens ace battery (will it fit?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default plug in gens ace battery (will it fit?)

this is not a question about fitting in the compartment.

the new gens ace batteries with the "plug in" leads (that stick out the top) - is there enough room for the plugs with the traxxas slash and rustler? (both 1/10).
remember the rc will roll and hit its head.

also any bad experiences with the "plug in" batteries?
Old 04-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm guessing you're talking about LiPo's with banana connectors? My guess is that it would depend on the battery; if the length matched the Rustler/Slash 2WD's battery tray well, then I would think the plugs would clear the battery hold-down. The tray design Traxxas uses in the Rustler and 2WD Slash isn't optimized for batteries with banana plugs, though, so it might be easier to simply get a battery with wires emerging from the center. I know you're not asking about the tray, but it's something to be aware of.

Are you worried if there's enough space under the body? There is ample room for the plugs to stick up and the body will easily protect all of the electronics in the chassis. Even if the body weren't on for either the Rustler or the Slash, the shock towers would prevent any damage from rollovers or impacts.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And if one is worried, or runs into an issue with a LiPo's inboard tubes being under the battery hold down bar, you can always take a Dremel to cut slots at bottom of battery tray, and use velcro straps.

I'm sure you would have plenty of room to run standard plug-in battery leads that use bullets. I prefer low profile battery connectors for my leads. If you only got regular bullets to plug into your battery's inboard tubes, you can make some of your own low profile bullet connectors with a Dremel tool as well.