• 1 Post By ceh329

2wd Buggy Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 2wd Buggy Suggestions

Hello,
I’m getting back in to the hobby and was looking at getting a 2wd buggy. It’s been almost 15 years since I last raced.

I’ve been checking out the different cars and they all see to look the same. I mean chassis, motor mount etc. And there appears to be a few more options other than Team Associated and Losi.

So my question is, what is the better car these days. My tracks near me are dirt and indoor.

Thanks!
Charlie
Old 04-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Both the AE and TLR are very good, and probably the best choices available. The TLR 22 4.0 is a more complete kit out of the box. It comes with two transmission configurations & and is generally run on dirt with a setup that requires very little, if any extra parts/hop ups. The B6d is also very competitive, but to run the "hot" high traction dirt setup requires many extra parts. I don't have any of that on mine and I'm still pretty competitive with it relative to my driving skill, ie. I never lose because of my car. The new B6.1d is very complete out of the box and shouldn't require any hop ups whatsoever to compete at any level on dirt.

Whichever has local support is probably the best noice for you.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

I run 1 of these .. shoe Kr.. eats losi and AE all day long.Cougar KR
Old 04-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Try to run what everyone else at your track is running and make sure you can get parts quickly or have a huge pile in your bag. I would get the B6.1 and just convert it to a ball diff depending on whether you want a laydown transmission but the Kyosho RB6.6 is also great because it has 5 different transmission layouts out of the box. Would you be running stock or mod?

PM me for more info
Old 04-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbuggy88
Try to run what everyone else at your track is running
Good advice. As a new/returning person it can be a huge help with setups and those times when you break something you don't have a spare for.

I started back in January and bought a YZ2 because it was popular in the area (carpet/astroturf). There are people running well with Yokomo, Schumacher, Xray and Associated. Don't know what the dirt/clay people are running.

I'd say go to the track(s), see what people are running. Don't overthink it. Your skills are going to be the thing holding you back for quite some time.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Whichever has local support is probably the best noice for you.
+1

In my area the XRay XB2 is the top choice, but our club is currently running turf... back when it was high traction clay, Losi and Schumacher were the top picks, but many XRay drivers were still in the mix.
Rexracing likes this.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just built a 1 version old TLR 22 3.0 and like it, but I am a newbie. Most guys at the tracks we go to in Michigan seem to prefer team associated. I did just pick up a Team Associated SC5M short course truck which I like quite a bit. Both manufacturers seem pretty good to me.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions. I went out this weekend and saw what folks are running around here. So I decided to get a used RB6.6. It has some of the hop ups on it already. I've run mostly Kyosho and Team Associated in the past. Once my driving skills come back I'll get a new kit at that time.
RCTrackStar likes this.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Yay!!!!!!!!!
+1 Love the car!
PM me for more questions!!!!!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm all about the b6!