Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree180Likes

Team Associated SC6.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bobf24
The shock position doesn't just impact rear grip it has a pretty big impact on how the truck drives in general. On my T6 I went from Layback with rear shocks and switched to standup with front shocks and still saw a pretty decent increase in rear grip and I just like the way it drives with front shocks better. I run them on the front of everything I can. The layback sucks on the dusty outdoor tracks around here no matter where the shocks are.
I did this and switched to an SC5M rear body mount to move the body mounts a bit more forward giving me more body options.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bobf24
are you putting the shocks on the front or the back of the arm? if you are putting the shocks on the front of the arm you mount the tower directly to the transmission case and use the body mount spacer, see the bottom of page 19 of the manual for the spacer placement, its showing the layback but the spacer installation is the same as for the standup. You probably will need to grind a little clearance on the shock tower to clear the motor mount plate though as it hits.

If you are putting the shocks on the rear of the arm then the standup transmission parts bag comes with a different little spacer that you put between the shock tower and the transmission case and use longer bolts, and then you don't use the body mount spacer.
grind the motor Mount and not the shock tower unless you like breaking shock towers.....
Old 08-20-2018, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you are careful you don't need to take very much off the tower to clear, its really just a small bevel . . . I'm really not worried about it,
Old 08-20-2018, 08:07 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone having breakage at rear arm insert? broke arm at insert
Old 08-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ISO Carpet Setup

Would any of you happen to have a carpet setup for the SC6.1? My searches have come up empty.

It has the standard kit setup on it right now. The electronics (motor/ESC/servo/radio) are from a ProSC10 RTR which I hope to be able to run in the 13.5T class.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_like_f150s
Would any of you happen to have a carpet setup for the SC6.1? My searches have come up empty.

It has the standard kit setup on it right now. The electronics (motor/ESC/servo/radio) are from a ProSC10 RTR which I hope to be able to run in the 13.5T class.
Look at the B6.1 and B6.1D setup differences and copy the same ideas. A lay down gear box, gear diff, and some thick sway bars are probably going to be stuff you will have to buy to make an SC6.1C.
i_like_f150s likes this.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Is the gear diff a drop-in replacement?

Question: Is the gear diff (91786) a "drop-in replacement" for the ball diff in the SC6.1? (3-gear, laydown transmission if it matters)
Old 08-26-2018, 11:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_like_f150s
Question: Is the gear diff (91786) a "drop-in replacement" for the ball diff in the SC6.1? (3-gear, laydown transmission if it matters)
The SC6.1 has a lay back transmission stock, not a lay down. A lay down moves the motor weight forward from where it is with a lay back. The gear diff and ball diff both fit in any of the transmissions that fit in the SC6.1
i_like_f150s likes this.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Anyone have issues with steering throw? I cant seem to get 100% to when turning right (servo moving to the left) i get some binding, seems like the servo horn is too small. Anyone else have this issue, any ideas?
Old 09-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankiebones
Anyone have issues with steering throw? I cant seem to get 100% to when turning right (servo moving to the left) i get some binding, seems like the servo horn is too small. Anyone else have this issue, any ideas?
that happen to me when i first assembled the car, i got so excited (rookie mistake) that i ended up installing the steering rack backwards it will bind.
a1 likes this.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony q
that happen to me when i first assembled the car, i got so excited (rookie mistake) that i ended up installing the steering rack backwards it will bind.
thanks Tony!
Old 09-04-2018, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Been kicking around the idea of getting one of these for racing indoor med to high bite dirt/clay will be running it with a 13.5 in it, any recommendations on whats needed as far as weights I seen a lot of people saying these are very lite compared to to older version, and I seen how these also drive a lot like the B6.1's. I'll be racing only no bashing so has anyone seen any durability issues that will need addressed during the build? and starting out is the box setup good enough, I have the B6.1D and the box setup on it was almost spot on for my driving and track conditions. Thanks in advance for any help and tips.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Been kicking around the idea of getting one of these for racing indoor med to high bite dirt/clay will be running it with a 13.5 in it, any recommendations on whats needed as far as weights I seen a lot of people saying these are very lite compared to to older version, and I seen how these also drive a lot like the B6.1's. I'll be racing only no bashing so has anyone seen any durability issues that will need addressed during the build? and starting out is the box setup good enough, I have the B6.1D and the box setup on it was almost spot on for my driving and track conditions. Thanks in advance for any help and tips.
We go one up in the front spring from white to gray at our clay track, most everyone likes it.
#91637 Truck Gray front

Personally, I like the new sway bars for the T6.1/SC6/1 #71128, using the middle gray on the front to flatten things out a bit. Thing goes through the sweeper like a sedan. Also, diff and hub height at +1, rather than 0.

We are all running the rear shocks in front of the rear arms.

Not much else honestly...stunningly good. Durability? Not had or seen any issues at all...
Old 09-04-2018, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Been kicking around the idea of getting one of these for racing indoor med to high bite dirt/clay will be running it with a 13.5 in it.
Curious, are many of you seeing 13.5 getting popular for your ShortCourse classes?
Old 09-04-2018, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Our numbers in sock 17.5, and in mod have been dwindling over the past couple years usually less than 10 per class, I think our 2 local tracks are doing this because they have seen other tracks around the country doing this from what I have been told I don't know myself as I don't get outside of our local area at all, but I think they are doing this to combine the 2 classes into one just to get the numbers up. I am older and my reflexes are not what they used to be so I don't mind this as I was running my 8.5 in mod with the throttle turned down to 80-85% any ways, and unless you run all kind of lite weight parts crank your motor timing and over gear I personally think its to slow running 17.5. I have heard some grumblings from a few of the stock 17.5 guys, and still not 100% sure what each track is doing for sure, guess time will tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.