Team Associated SC6.1 >

Team Associated SC6.1

Like Tree162Likes

Team Associated SC6.1

Old 04-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big_Show View Post
Chuck where do you race at?
Penitas Texas.. in the winter. west of McAllen by 12 miles.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

deleted.

Last edited by chuck_thehammer; 04-27-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, it's true, no need to insult classes other people run, each to their own on that one. Though I always do feel the urge to jab at carpet "offroaders" - why not pan cars on offroad dirt tracks while at it for all the sense it makes

Anyway, regardless of speed can't wait for the outdoor track to be driveable again, hopefully within the next two weeks. It's too bad no one local is getting the SC6.1 as far as I know so far, as it'd certainly be interesting to at least try it.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

deleted.

Last edited by chuck_thehammer; 04-27-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Chuck, your track runs 30-40, 2wd Shortcourse trucks at 17.5, every week. 50 second laps? Must be a big track. Your winning with a 10 year old motor? You must be one great racer, and probably the biggest 2wd Shortcourse weekly events in the world.

Most of us are on smaller tracks. 17.5 in a heavier than buggy, Shortcouse Truck feels slow. To win, we would run the latest Motors and cycle our batteries at insane rates, to lower the resistance.

I personally feel that a 13.5 motor has more power, so other items like Traction and setup come into play.

Calling a 17.5 Shortcouse class lame, childish and brag, without merit? It is my Opinion. I am so happy the Jconcepts National events upgraded this year.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chuck,

Yeah slow and consistent beats slow and inconsistent. Nobody fast races 17.5 sct. Go to race where there are 60+ 17.5 buggies and race your 17.5 sct in whichever sct class you want. Compare your lap and race times to what the fastest 17.5 buggy guys can do. If you are not within 2 laps of them you are nowhere near the limit of a 2wd 17.5 sct. With the electronics you run I suspect you would be 6-8 laps off pace, but thats just my guess after 28 years of 1/10th scale electric off-road experience. Give any of those top buggy guys a SC6.1 with current electronics, and they will gladly out pace you on any track.

It's great that you don't feel held back by your sc5m, for a lot of people that race at normal indoor off-road tracks the SC6.1 is going to be way better than an SC5m.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

I am sure the new 6.1 is way better.. but best motor and battery is not everything..
but I can not replace a 6 month old truck. let alone new motor/speed controller or radio...
I will be very lucky to get a new motor this year.

I am NO GREAT DRIVER... never was.. and never will be...
I am 66 years old and have only One Eye... but I do well with what I have.

I really need to learn to type/speak English. no one is getting my point... not one.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer View Post
I am sure the new 6.1 is way better.. but best motor and battery is not everything..
but I can not replace a 6 month old truck. let alone new motor/speed controller or radio...
I will be very lucky to get a new motor this year.

I am NO GREAT DRIVER... never was.. and never will be...
I am 66 years old and have only One Eye... but I do well with what I have.

I really need to learn to type/speak English. no one is getting my point... not one.

66 and still racing !!! You go Chuck !! I'm 61. Old Farts Unite !! Yeah I can pull an A off every once and a while in dirt oval..off road, not so much..lol
Old 04-26-2018, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chuck, I get that your SC5m is working well for you. Also that retirement might limit spending for you some, so your going to stay with what you've got. It makes complete sense to stay with what you got in your situation.
For what it's worth the next time you head south for the winter, you will drive right passed my home track. I will gladly let you have a motor to try for the winter. Either a Gen 1 Tekin 13.5, or a Hobbywing 8.5 If you turn the timing down on the 8.5 it would run cool, and have about the same power as a "Hot" 10.5 that is turned up. The Tekin would just be a small step faster than your current 17.5. You can take both and try both. I can even loan you some pinions to run on them. Like either one or both, I'll sell them to you for $5 each.Finally, just so you know, my main race car is one generation old too. I have way too much time and money into my current car to jump ship. Plus my car has features that I have built with custom parts that not even the newest generation of car has.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

17.5 sc does feel slow I feel like stock sc should be 13.5. But running what you got and enjoying yourself is above all else. Continue Racing Chuck!!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

thank you Kind people..

yes retired.. Forced.... health and Back problems... I walk with a cane.. I get around OK..
4 back operations,, both wrists... one knee. 1 working eye... still here... still having fun..
it is great to loose the wheel chair.... 1 1/2 years.

Don't get OLD..... its a TRAP...

as for the motor.. Thank You for your very generous offer.. but will pass...
Please do not be offended.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2 View Post
Chuck, I get that your SC5m is working well for you. Also that retirement might limit spending for you some, so your going to stay with what you've got. It makes complete sense to stay with what you got in your situation.
For what it's worth the next time you head south for the winter, you will drive right passed my home track. I will gladly let you have a motor to try for the winter. Either a Gen 1 Tekin 13.5, or a Hobbywing 8.5 If you turn the timing down on the 8.5 it would run cool, and have about the same power as a "Hot" 10.5 that is turned up. The Tekin would just be a small step faster than your current 17.5. You can take both and try both. I can even loan you some pinions to run on them. Like either one or both, I'll sell them to you for $5 each.Finally, just so you know, my main race car is one generation old too. I have way too much time and money into my current car to jump ship. Plus my car has features that I have built with custom parts that not even the newest generation of car has.
Sometimes what your used to, and have been tuning on for a while has its advantages over the latest and greatest. There is a guy at my local track running an original RB6 in mid motor (not laydown), and no upgrades who stomps others with newer cars in Mod Buggy. He just learned how to drive it out of the box, and never did anything other then replace worn out parts.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:47 AM
mes
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
17.5 sc does feel slow I feel like stock sc should be 13.5. ...
When we made the switch from Slash spec to SC2 17.5 in the NORC series, we mostly ran on dusty dirt tracks with Slash tires which did not allow for more power. When Traxxas introduced a new breed of tires, we added Losi Ultra Digits, some blocky Pro Lines, and an LRP tire to the list, which was ok on Astroturf. Traction increased both due to the tires and the surfaces and people wanted more power to make it easier to clear the jumps on tracks that clearly were designed for buggies, and so we moved on to 13.5. Then both our spec dirt tires went out of production and we lifted the control tire rules. After all but one track had converted to Astroturf due to the central European weather conditions and some people had gone to extremes to get more power out of their 13.5s, others quit the class due to rumors of cheating. We tried to save SC2 by going to modified, but again it was not for everyone. This season we switched to 10.5. Turnouts are quite low, but stable, and as all the hacks have quit SC2 (SC4 is dead, by the way, no fun at all on Astroturf), it is at least fun to watch for everyone who does not hate SC on principle, and also fun to drive. The trick is to match the available power with the available traction and driving skills. If the balance is right, people will enjoy the class, otherwise not so much.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't see a gear cover? On outside dirt tracks this might eat gears like B44 was eating rear arms LOL
Old 05-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE per their facebook and the B6.1 stated they was having no troubles on outdoor tracks with the laydown nor layback transmission not have a gear cover. My feelings is the buggy body fits lots and lots closer than either truck body. If AE does not come up with something I will make my own lexan gear cover. So far on my B6.1 I am running the 3 gear stand up that does have a dust cover and plan on starting with the 3 gear in both my trucks as the outdoors tracks I run at have lots of dust and I need the rear traction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service