Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree180Likes

Team Associated SC6.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried the AE universal spring kits yet? I need softer spings then the 4.10F and 2.20R
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...g_kit_3_pair_/
Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heathen
Has anyone tried the AE universal spring kits yet? I need softer spings then the 4.10F and 2.20R
Those springs are going to be pretty short. If you want softer than AE green, I’d try TLR truck springs, I.e truck white or gray (TLR5163, TLR5162). They will be the proper length.

Team Losi Racing: Low Frequency Spring Chart
Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can possibly use the longer spring cup for the shorter springs
Old 07-19-2018, 09:57 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MiniBubbaSlash
This new SC6.1 looks pretty cool. Will it work on "Lower traction tracks"?

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_...C10SC6.1/Team/
Looks very promising for low traction. Where i was taking my sc5m looks like the sc6.1. The settings i was looking for on sc5 are on the sc6.1
Old 07-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RazorRC

Those springs are going to be pretty short. If you want softer than AE green, I’d try TLR truck springs, I.e truck white or gray (TLR5163, TLR5162). They will be the proper length.

Team Losi Racing: Low Frequency Spring Chart
they are shorter but they claim with the included taller spring cups they work normal. I wish they still made separate longer truck sets. But truck springs now don't go low enough and Losi stuff is not that fast or easy to get in Canada. The big distributor in Canada is HPD and they are great doe stocking AE stuff and fast shipping.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

This is what AE said them selves. Only time will tell if this is true. The problem with most of they box stock setups they are geared towards the crazy high bit pro raceways in the USA. As this is the majority of their customers it is understandable. I just wish they made the softer spring sets in truck sizes still.

"Available in two universal lengths. By using different offset spring cups, you can obtain your desired ride height on all platforms with the same front or rear springs (No more truck and buggy sizes)."
Old 07-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

When the sc5m or t5m came out, I forget, they has the buggy springs on them and used the taller cups. The buggy springs are softer andthe v2 springs are really soft. in fact with the v2, you might have ride height issues
Old 07-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe Proline Pro-Spec springs will work also, and probably have some long, softer rear springs. I don't like buggy springs on the rear because even with the higher offset cups, you usually have too much stroke, and the springs are dangling at full droop. I haven't tried them on the SC6.1 however.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:11 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

This is what AE said them selves. Only time will tell if this is true. The problem with most of they box stock setups they are geared towards the crazy high bit pro raceways in the USA. As this is the majority of their customers it is understandable. I just wish they made the softer spring sets in truck sizes still.

"Available in two universal lengths. By using different offset spring cups, you can obtain your desired ride height on all platforms with the same front or rear springs (No more truck and buggy sizes)."
that makes sense and is what i noticed on the sc10 and sc5m. I chased the pros set ups for loose tracks and finally ended up noteven close. Im sure their loose is my high track.lol
I dont think its ae majority but who am i. High traction is high maintenance. tracks i seen around here are not high maintenence. I guess thats why i dont see associated around here.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've run the Black V1 12mm rear springs you described from AE on the rear of my SC5m with no issues on the low traction/rough tracks you've described........will try the kit springs on my SC6.1 when received/built.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a1
that makes sense and is what i noticed on the sc10 and sc5m. I chased the pros set ups for loose tracks and finally ended up noteven close. Im sure their loose is my high track.lol
I dont think its ae majority but who am i. High traction is high maintenance. tracks i seen around here are not high maintenence. I guess thats why i dont see associated around here.
Strange, my local high bite indoor clay track just has to blow off the track with a leaf blower, and a tiny bit of water from a backpack sprayer. Two people can prep the track for an entire round of racing in about 2 minute. Sorry to hear your local tracks don't know what they are doing. High bite tracks in California have mist systems where they don't even have to stop running while they water.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
When the sc5m or t5m came out, I forget, they has the buggy springs on them and used the taller cups. The buggy springs are softer andthe v2 springs are really soft. in fact with the v2, you might have ride height issues
I will be sending AE a very mad email if the springs they list as compatible are not. I will be pissed.
"Available in two universal lengths. By using different offset spring cups, you can obtain your desired ride height on all platforms with the same front or rear springs (No more truck and buggy sizes)
Old 07-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I will be sending AE a very mad email if the springs they list as compatible are not. I will be pissed.
"Available in two universal lengths. By using different offset spring cups, you can obtain your desired ride height on all platforms with the same front or rear springs (No more truck and buggy sizes)
Thisr v1 springs will work just fine as long as you use the 9mm offset spring cups that come with the kit. The way those springs are wound have a much better feel on outdoor loose type tracks.

The new v2 buggy springs... I gotta say I didn't like them on my B6.1D outdoors. The green was too soft even on the buggy.

For SC I'd recommend using the v1 blue/yellow/red on the front and white/green for the rear.
a1 and Big_Show like this.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aeRayls

Thisr v1 springs will work just fine as long as you use the 9mm offset spring cups that come with the kit. The way those springs are wound have a much better feel on outdoor loose type tracks.

The new v2 buggy springs... I gotta say I didn't like them on my B6.1D outdoors. The green was too soft even on the buggy.

For SC I'd recommend using the v1 blue/yellow/red on the front and white/green for the rear.
what do you mean by V1 vs V2? I don't see that listed in the description?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what do you mean by V1 vs V2? I don't see that listed in the description?

V1... version 1, are the original big bore springs that came out.

V2... version 2, are the springs that just came out with the B6.1's. They are wound differently.

In this link, the springs at the top of the page are v2 and the v1 are near the bottom. The springs in those sets you linked are v1

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10B6.1D/Team/parts_accessories/
a1 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.