Search
Like Tree161Likes

Team Associated T6.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
great, sorry if this sounds stupid first question after opening that is how do I know if i have a 3 gear or 4 gear? I would think 4 gear based on whats in the diff (gear) however thats probably not what they are referring to and Im confused.

thanks in advance
3/4 gear does not refer to the number of gears in a gear diff. It refers to the number of drive gears in the gearbox.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm loving my new t6.1. Built it to run at nats and wasn't disappointed.

Well in practice and 2 club races before nats it was great. Maybe a little twitchy but a front sway bar cured that.

Just sucks you can't buy the light kit body. Mine fell apart quickly and I had to buy a heavier body just for nats. Anyone have a kit light body to sell?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 08-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what electronics you running in the t6.1/b6.1 looks clean, do u have a brass bulkhead on either?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

doesnt seem this thread gets much attention

i moved a laydown trans from b6.1 to t6.1 and in the process I found a hinge pin looking piece laying on my table not sure if it fell out of something or where it goes

i use digtial calipers and it shows 9.66mm - Also i wanted to ask if the play/movement with rear dogbones is supposed to be this way and or what stops the play and/or what I may have done wrong for it to do this?

https://streamable.com/bj2en
Old 09-10-2019, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The pin goes through the axle behind the hex. Once that is in, and the hex is pressed on all the way, there will be little play in the axle
Old 09-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

perfect man thanks so much - i went ahead and tightened both of those hex nuts on each side after getting that pin lined up and snug and that seems to have fixed the issue? do u think i just didnt tight them enough to being with? doesnt seem like something that would come loose once done right the first time, just my opinion tho
Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

You tightened the hexes down without taking all the play out of the axle.

Don't overtighten that screw either, it snaps pretty easily.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yeah. Squeeze that hex on tight then tighten the screw.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys,me and a friend onne buy a b6.1 bit at the website from team associated the cars are out of stock.is there a new car on his way or what ? Can someone tell us? Thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RogerM
You also need the larger idler gear (91716), everything else crosses over between the two.

If running on high bite you would be advised to go for a gear diff as the ball diff, although ok in a buggy, can't really handle the extra torque loading from the larger truck tires on surfaces like carpet and astro.

.....So here comes my dumb question of the day. How can I tell which type of Transmission I'm running..Laydown or Layback? Is is possible simply to tell from looking while its in the truck. I recently added a T6.1 to the fleet and it definitely isn't a Standup I do know that. But I'm not sure even what the PRO's or CON's are of the Laydown VS Layback. My plan is to run the truck on a Carpet type track and switching it over to a Gear Diff. Not sure which one will suit my needs and Track. Thanks for all the help
Old 09-17-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 3TurnRacing
.....So here comes my dumb question of the day. How can I tell which type of Transmission I'm running..Laydown or Layback? Is is possible simply to tell from looking while its in the truck. I recently added a T6.1 to the fleet and it definitely isn't a Standup I do know that. But I'm not sure even what the PRO's or CON's are of the Laydown VS Layback. My plan is to run the truck on a Carpet type track and switching it over to a Gear Diff. Not sure which one will suit my needs and Track. Thanks for all the help
For carpet you're going to want the laydown. Look at the waterfall brace and see which holes it bolts to. The front most holes are for laydown and the ones just behind are the layback ones
Old 09-17-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
For carpet you're going to want the laydown. Look at the waterfall brace and see which holes it bolts to. The front most holes are for laydown and the ones just behind are the layback ones

Thank you Di_Spencer. So I must have the Layback Trans. my Waterfall screws are mounted in the rear most holes. I would assume then I would need to get the different Transmission case then correct? What the benefits to each of them? Is the Layback better/suited more for Clay? Hate to be asking so many questions, Just never knew the differences.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 3TurnRacing
Thank you Di_Spencer. So I must have the Layback Trans. my Waterfall screws are mounted in the rear most holes. I would assume then I would need to get the different Transmission case then correct? What the benefits to each of them? Is the Layback better/suited more for Clay? Hate to be asking so many questions, Just never knew the differences.
Yeah, just transmission case and idler gear. The layback put a little more weight on the rear wheels for more grip and it is most people's preference on clay tracks. The laydown pushes the motor a little farther forward and puts more weight on the front wheels for more steering which is more favorable for carpet/astroturf tracks.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
Yeah, just transmission case and idler gear. The layback put a little more weight on the rear wheels for more grip and it is most people's preference on clay tracks. The laydown pushes the motor a little farther forward and puts more weight on the front wheels for more steering which is more favorable for carpet/astroturf tracks.

Thank you again for the help. Very much appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.