Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree161Likes

Team Associated T6.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

seems anti roll bars are advised by racer set up sheets etc, didnt come in the kit - anyone have any recommendation for carpet track 702rc raceway - i checked a few profiles for carpet and high traction seems at least 3 had the same rear , there was one person doing some real funky stuff.

i also had another question about these metal looking weight plates on the inside of the vehicle - measured in grams.

I am about to mount the esc and receiver today as well as get the battery setup which has a deans plug and two posts,

should i cut the deans and straight wire it? if so why ?

i also have another spur coming 78t which im going to try in conjunction with a 25t pinion. I got this trinity revtech 13.5 spec motor to run. im looking forward to seeing how it runs
Old 07-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
seems anti roll bars are advised by racer set up sheets etc, didnt come in the kit - anyone have any recommendation for carpet track 702rc raceway - i checked a few profiles for carpet and high traction seems at least 3 had the same rear , there was one person doing some real funky stuff.

i also had another question about these metal looking weight plates on the inside of the vehicle - measured in grams.

I am about to mount the esc and receiver today as well as get the battery setup which has a deans plug and two posts,

should i cut the deans and straight wire it? if so why ?

i also have another spur coming 78t which im going to try in conjunction with a 25t pinion. I got this trinity revtech 13.5 spec motor to run. im looking forward to seeing how it runs
The weight plates are to lower the cg and weight to make the car more planted and traction roll less.

I would just wire the esc directly to the battery with bullets bc its cleaner just make 1 shorter than the other so you can't reverse polarity.

​​​​​​
Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for reply, another question the spur gear 78t hasnt arrive yet the stock 81 doesnt seem to "fit" with me putting the pinion on last is this normal or have i dont something wrong
Old 07-12-2019, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

the 78/25 i got setup is "working" seems the clutch is slipping a bit but im not 100% as i havent done this in a long time. seems i gotta hold the throttle a certain amount for it to "go" if not it just makes that slipping nnoise like it wants to go but hasnt gotten enough juice to turn it i guess. not sure.

the front steering seems to sit a LITTLE bit to the left - any suggestion on what I should adjust to fix/correct this? would be much appreciated!
Old 07-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

i need some recommendations on what to do for power I have 3 spots on my receiver taken up, is it okay to use the B port on bottom for power as well ?

if so great probably dont need an additional power option, Servo 1 , ESC 2, Mylaps 3, was thinking a fan for the motor in B spot under 1 . if thats advisable? should ig et an option to allow two power things so I can do a fan for motor and a fan over the esc ?

the tekin ran pretty hot , i would hate for it to shut down during a race.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

the 78/25 i got setup is "working" seems the clutch is slipping a bit but im not 100% as i havent done this in a long time. seems i gotta hold the throttle a certain amount for it to "go" if not it just makes that slipping nnoise like it wants to go but hasnt gotten enough juice to turn it i guess. not sure.

the front steering seems to sit a LITTLE bit to the left - any suggestion on what I should adjust to fix/correct this? would be much appreciated!
Tighten up the slipper. Maybe gear mesh is too loose.

Your TX has a steering L-R adjustment. Use that to center steering.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

according to the kit it says to align the hex nut on the screw going thru slipper to be flush with the end of that screw. so tightening this would go against that - I can try to do that I suppose and see what happens just wanted to mention this.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

according to the kit it says to align the hex nut on the screw going thru slipper to be flush with the end of that screw. so tightening this would go against that - I can try to do that I suppose and see what happens just wanted to mention this.
That's just a good starting point when the pads and plates are fresh. You are free to adjust and will probably need to adjust it as they wear in or you are on a higher traction surface.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone having issues with the truck washing out the rear when getting on the power? What can be done to fix this issue? I've got pretty good throttle discipline so I know that's not the issue, but I just can not get back on the gas on Clay and it's causing me to just get murdered on lap times. Where would you recommend I start to settle the rear? Basic info, I'm running an SMC 8.5 with 21t pinion and I believe either 84 or 87 spur and a layback trans.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blarson1
Anyone having issues with the truck washing out the rear when getting on the power? What can be done to fix this issue? I've got pretty good throttle discipline so I know that's not the issue, but I just can not get back on the gas on Clay and it's causing me to just get murdered on lap times. Where would you recommend I start to settle the rear? Basic info, I'm running an SMC 8.5 with 21t pinion and I believe either 84 or 87 spur and a layback trans.
First of all make sure your tarz are in order. make sure they are not old tarz and you have the correct compound. You need to get the weight to transfer faster to the rear on acceleration. Turn you intial puch down on the esc and radio. Softer rear spring. Lay the rear shocks over a notch and or try moving you battery back further. Dont be afraid to add a weight plate under batt or maybe a brass c block. it would help if you could post up a set up sheet.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Im at work so I'm not able to post a setup sheet. I'll give you as much as I can off the top of my head. the shocks mounted to the middle hole on the tower, outermost hole on the arm. Using rear mounted shocks, 35wt oil on all 4 corners, v2 springs, grays on the back and blues in the front. Believe 2-3° rear toe in, about -1° camber. Ride height about 25mm
Old 07-18-2019, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

And of course I left out tires, gold dirtwebs
Old 07-18-2019, 08:50 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

IMO, you could go a little lighter in oil in the rear also .
Old 07-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

I may have 30 all around, I don't actually remember.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

simplest would be to move the rear upper shock mount in a hole. Leave the bottom along. That and try the next softest spring in the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.