Search
Like Tree161Likes

Team Associated T6.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allaboutwho02
Anyone running a Tekin gen3 13.5 in the truck? And if so what gearing should a guy start at? On high bite med size carpet track.
Thanks
I'm running the 13.5 spec-r with 50* timing on motor analyzer, geared 81-20. After 6 minute main it's 135* with R1 layback fan and mount.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bartman42
I'm running the 13.5 spec-r with 50* timing on motor analyzer, geared 81-20. After 6 minute main it's 135* with R1 layback fan and mount.
81/22 for small tracks where you need full throttle control, 23 for most tracks, and 24 for high speed/8th scale style tracks works perfect for the spec r
Old 02-04-2019, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Quality, 13.5 blinky and running on carpet

Hi all,

I was just wondering the following regarding this truck:
1. I am only running on outdoor carpet tracks.
2. What upgrades are required for running 13.5 blinky?
3. What is the quality of the kit like, do items wear out?

Thanks.
​​​​
Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The body included is very thin and wears out quickly without reinforcement, the replacement body is thicker as well as the jconcepts one.

2. Look at the Kody Numendhal carpet setup for a good setup that details the upgrades. Gear diff, aluminium bell cranks, brass bulkhead, chassis weight and servo weight would be my first go to upgrades for carpet.

3. Aside from the body the kit is good quality The ballcups can wear and begin pop off so I’d get spares of those or use the B5m ones if you can find any (discontinued). The arms, hubs and caster blocks all wear eventually.

Originally Posted by GS76
Hi all,

I was just wondering the following regarding this truck:
1. I am only running on outdoor carpet tracks.
2. What upgrades are required for running 13.5 blinky?
3. What is the quality of the kit like, do items wear out?

Thanks.
​​​​

Last edited by mushroomed; 02-04-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added sugestion
Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mushroomed
The body included is very thin and wears out quickly without reinforcement, the replacement body is thicker as well as the jconcepts one.

2. Look at the Kody Numendhal carpet setup for a good setup that details the upgrades. Gear diff, aluminium bell cranks, brass bulkhead, chassis weight and servo weight would be my first go to upgrades for carpet.

3. Aside from the body the kit is good quality The ballcups can wear and begin pop off so I’d get spares of those or use the B5m ones if you can find any (discontinued). The arms, hubs and caster blocks all wear eventually.

the thinner associated body did me good and lasted me a while. When It was finally unusable I ordered the concepts one and it seem pretty heavy duty and I was impressed . Until it fell apart in pieces within two battery packs. Temps were 60 degrees out so dont know how much a factor that was but the associated body last me a good while longer that the concepts body. The concepts body broke apart in pieces. Yes the track is brutal but on the same track the associated lasted longer, I guess because it was more flexible
Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yeah all the bodies are shit for it . They all need to have the rear shock part thicker. They all break.
a1 likes this.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm continually not impressed with Jconcepts stuff. Plus, their shipping prices are astronomical.

That said, if you order a replacement AE body from Amain it is much thicker than the kit body. I've got about 6 months on mine on indoor carpet and it's shot, but it lasted much longer than the kit body.

Just throwing this out there... I'd been running my rear shocks on the from of the arms. I just moved them to the back of the arms in an attempt to make the truck a bit more forgiving. I'm going to try a T5, or dare I say it, an Xray body to see how it fits. In my opinion, the Xray bodies are hands down the best looking, which is a plus if they fit.
a1 likes this.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

my gear diff nylon gear is worn out in my t5m , this items seems to be discontinued by associated. Do you know if the 6.1 diff will fit?
Old 03-02-2019, 12:41 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wothrottle
my gear diff nylon gear is worn out in my t5m , this items seems to be discontinued by associated. Do you know if the 6.1 diff will fit?
IIRC the SC10 gear diff will fit in the T5M, but it's been a while since I last wrenched on a 5th gen Associated car.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wothrottle
No 5 series diffs are narrower than the 6 series ones. A 5 series diff cam fit a 6 series with spacers but a 6 series cannot fit a 5 series.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a1
the thinner associated body did me good and lasted me a while. When It was finally unusable I ordered the concepts one and it seem pretty heavy duty and I was impressed . Until it fell apart in pieces within two battery packs. Temps were 60 degrees out so dont know how much a factor that was but the associated body last me a good while longer that the concepts body. The concepts body broke apart in pieces. Yes the track is brutal but on the same track the associated lasted longer, I guess because it was more flexible
My Jcon body has split at the top rear of both front wheel wells, up the top of the fenders and is going across the bottom of the windshield now. Same is going on with a few others at my track as well.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
No 5 series diffs are narrower than the 6 series ones. A 5 series diff cam fit a 6 series with spacers but a 6 series cannot fit a 5 series.
OH, BAD NEWS. When I get soke diff parts I have to stock up.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought one of these used and need to buy a new body. Is it definitive that they all suck and are paper thin? Or is there one body that's thicker than the rest?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blarson1
I bought one of these used and need to buy a new body. Is it definitive that they all suck and are paper thin? Or is there one body that's thicker than the rest?
The AE body you can buy is thicker that the kit body. I'm not sure if you can but the lightweight body alone. Same look, just thicker plastic. Still doesn't last that long it seems. I put some Shoe-Goo and fiberglass sheetrock tape at the top of the front wheel wells and in the rear shock tower pockets which have helped it hold up a bit better. The rear wing sucks and I think it contributes to killing the body. I'm painting a new body now and I'm just going to cut a piece of lean from the cutoffs for the wing so it can bend without harming the body.

I've yet to see a JCon body last more than a few club race nights before becoming unusable-- on either the T6.1 or the Yokomo truck.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my jconcepts body has lasted me 3 or 4 months with barely a crack on it. and I crash a lot. the body that comes in the kit I wouldn't even bother painting. so thin it will be destroyed the first day. theres about 20 guys running the jconcepts body at my track with no issues. I highly recommend it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.