Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated T6.1 >

Team Associated T6.1

Like Tree82Likes

Team Associated T6.1

Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Anyone having issues with the plastic steering breaking? trying to decide if I want to get the JC steering.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bobf24 View Post
on the stand up there isn't the option to flip the tower but it comes with a spacer that I assumed for forward shocks you don't use the spacer and mount the tower directly to the case and for rear shocks you use the spacer. Otherwise why did they make the spacer they could've just made the case deeper? I actually wish they designed it so the tower always stays in the same spot for all the trans configurations and you just flip the side the shock mounts on. having all these spacers seems stupid to me.

It would be nice if they would make some exploded views for what you need for the different configurations rather then just the parts list. It also seems like some of the screw lengths should different for the standup vs the layback but maybe not.

I ended up going back to the layback because I have a bind somewhere in the standup case that I can't find. I think I might have a bad case so I might order a new one and see if its any better.
I am surprised you even want to run the standup...must be real low grip?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Anyone having issues with the plastic steering breaking? trying to decide if I want to get the JC steering.
what part is breaking?
Old 06-14-2018, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
I am surprised you even want to run the standup...must be real low grip?
Some of the tracks in the area are super low grip, others would probably be fine with the laydown but I dont want to be switching transmissions constantly through the summer. Thats why I wanted to try the stand up with the shocks on the front of the arms. I figured that would be a nice middle ground between the two and I would still have the option to run the shocks on the rear of the arm if I needed more grip, I will just notch the tower once I can figure out the bind issue
Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I didnt break one, but I twisted the rack. Went Schelle and no more issues, This was with a 13.5 on Astro Turf so the part wont hold up under high grip situations. Other then that the truck took some nasty hits while I was learning the layout and survived them all sans steering.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I got both my B6.1D and T6.1 built yesterday, Out of the box the truck is very good. It steers pretty good and has a numb but linear feel. Its smooth and easy to drive. The buggy is ok. We set it up 100% by the book aside from using thicker shock oil. I used a T5 body which needed new holes up front and some trimming. I don't think that the truck needs a thing in terms of aftermarket upgrades. I might get aluminum hubs and an aluminum rack just for reliability but it doesn't seem to need anything. I'm happy with it thus far.
Aluminum B64 rear hubs, and Aluminum bellcranks are all you need. If you want bulletproof steering I would use the Schelle of jconcepts B6 rack as well. I managed to twist a rack (on high grip Astro). Other then that, the truck is very strong.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 324 (100%+)

From Xray expert to Ae expert...😂😂
Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I didnt break one, but I twisted the rack. Went Schelle and no more issues, This was with a 13.5 on Astro Turf so the part wont hold up under high grip situations. Other then that the truck took some nasty hits while I was learning the layout and survived them all sans steering.
I will get the JC bell cranks, but leave the platic rack. I want somethign to give for the servo, since I use an alum servo horn. We are on medium grip dirt. Should be be fine.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tires

Mine is in transit and should be in hand the beginning of next week.
In looking through the manual, it seems that the truck does not come with tires/rims. Is this correct?

I run indoor astroturf and am wondering what tires to run?
Seems the people at my track run Proline Z3 Wedge and Prisms. However, they are saying the fronts need closed cell foam or to cut 2 ribs out of the fronts and glue them back.
It's been 20+ years since I modified tires and I really don't want to buy separate foams or start cutting tires.
Will JConcepts Pink Swaggers and PinDowns work better without modifications?

Thanks for the assistance
Old 06-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

I am not sure about AstroTurf but on carpet I like pink swagger fronts with the stock open cell foam that it comes with and for the rear Schumacher Mini Pins with closed cell. I also run a blue rear B64 sway bar bent a bit on the front of the truck. And of course a gear diff not the ball diff with 10K in it.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

correct the kit doesn't come with rims or tires,
Old 06-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

How are you guys mounting the rear spoiler/wing? I had to add an extra body mount spacer (#71123) to get the holes for the body to align correctly. Then when attaching the spoiler I see that the front two holes are for the body posts, but I don't see anything in the manual for the rear two holes.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cfleek View Post
How are you guys mounting the rear spoiler/wing? I had to add an extra body mount spacer (#71123) to get the holes for the body to align correctly. Then when attaching the spoiler I see that the front two holes are for the body posts, but I don't see anything in the manual for the rear two holes.
Should be two small indentations in the body/wing to ream out. At least that's how mine was.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bobf24 View Post
Some of the tracks in the area are super low grip, others would probably be fine with the laydown but I dont want to be switching transmissions constantly through the summer. Thats why I wanted to try the stand up with the shocks on the front of the arms. I figured that would be a nice middle ground between the two and I would still have the option to run the shocks on the rear of the arm if I needed more grip, I will just notch the tower once I can figure out the bind issue
This got me thinking.... How low grip would you need to get to make a switch to stand up from kit? Is bumpy loose clay, where hole shots are preferred tyre the kind of surface... or more loose dirt/sand kind of surfaces?
Old 06-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yess View Post

This got me thinking.... How low grip would you need to get to make a switch to stand up from kit? Is bumpy loose clay, where hole shots are preferred tyre the kind of surface... or more loose dirt/sand kind of surfaces?
if you're running hole shots definitely try the standup

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service