Wiki Posts
Search

Ae B6/B6.1 vs. Tlr 22 4.0 for turf

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ae B6/B6.1 vs. Tlr 22 4.0 for turf

Money aside,Which buggy seems to work better on turf?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For turf and not considering price? YZ2 or XB2.

Otherwise, you're asking an opinion question independent of individual setup, class, etc.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are most of the guys running at your local track? Consider that. Also consider parts support. Does your hobby shop carry all the parts? After that you should be able to make a decision.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Both will be great options! You'll hardly find any unbiased information on the B6.1's handling yet as it has not been released to the public. I found the TLR cars great on astro, but only after investing in the HRC option parts and gear diff; if you don't mind spending the extra money, you'll be happy with a 4.0 for sure.
I am a huge fan of the Yokomo YZ-2 CA, which may seem to cost a little more initially but includes many aluminum parts, coated shock bodies. and a gear diff in the kit. The upcoming CAL2 will be a great car for sure!
That being said, I am waiting for my pre-ordered B6.1 because it will be easier to work on and more adjustable than any of the other cars out there.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

TLR 22 4.0 is not really a popular car for turf, for a few reasons.

-The added cost to get it turf ready.
-Different wheel offset which makes it non existant in large European races with handout tyres/wheels.
- Shaky TLR support in Europe, which is where a lot of the carpet/turf setup development comes from.

I'm not trying to bash the car, perhaps it's on par (or even better?) than the most popular cars for turf, there's just not going to be a lot of people to back up that claim because of the lack of popularity.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
For turf and not considering price? YZ2 or XB2.

Otherwise, you're asking an opinion question independent of individual setup, class, etc.
+1

I don't race 2WD buggy anymore, but have been observing the class at the local turf track in our area and believe these 2 buggies are by far the best candidates when comparing drivers of equal skill. More to the point where our club often sees enough entries up to a D Main and the only Yokomo driver easily makes it into A and regularly makes the podium with it. Of the most competitive guys running the XB2, they've cautioned that the 2018 version is crucial and made significant improvements targeted for turf.

There is another driver running Schumacher and he's extremely competitive with that car too, but it's just not very durable and that alone makes it difficult to recommend.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Between the B6.1 the Xb2 and the new yokomo what car do you guys think will be best for stock racing on astro/carpet?
Old 03-25-2018, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I would get what the brand that your LHS carry’s the most parts for I run the 22 4.0 on carpet and it’s a nice car but it really sucks when you break a part and your LHS doesn’t have any parts and you have to order on line and wait a week or 2 to get back up and running.thats why I’m going to be buying b6.1