Wiki Posts
Search

las vegas area tracks

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default las vegas area tracks

I know this isnt really the right area for this but I didnt see any spot appropriate in the regional forums for nevada. is there any indoor off road tracks in the vegas area other than 702. I like dirt but will race carpet if thats all there is.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

702 is awesome. There is an outdoor dirt track that is pretty dominated by 1:8 Nitro. I don't think there is anything else. I'm subscribed to the thread just incase. I travel to Vegas frequently.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

I believe 702 is the only indoor track in Las Vegas. RC tracks of Las Vegas closed a few months ago. I lived in Vegas for a few years and the tracks were barely making money, possibly even losing money which resulted in closure.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Shame about Vegas. We have a good track in the Seattle area. Been thinking about when I retire, somewhere with a lower cost of living. A lot can change in 14 years. Guess Las Vagas is not the cool rc place. Seems like maybe Phoenix (also drive to California for big events). Maybe the Detroit area, as there seems to be lots there?
Old 03-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sea1swk
Shame about Vegas. We have a good track in the Seattle area. Been thinking about when I retire, somewhere with a lower cost of living. A lot can change in 14 years. Guess Las Vagas is not the cool rc place. Seems like maybe Phoenix (also drive to California for big events). Maybe the Detroit area, as there seems to be lots there?
Vegas is terrible for drivers looking to race with the best. Even when RC Tracks was open, you still wouldn't get superstar drivers coming in on a daily basis. I've found the best drivers live in SoCal and you pretty much see pros at the track every day. When 702 used to be an offroad track, the summers were really bad because it'd get to 98 in the building and you'd be sweating the entire time.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks for everybody input on this. might have to just go out there and check out 702. was looking to move to vegas to get away from the dreadful detroit winters. I would miss racing big time if its not that great in vegas. we do have some awesome indoor clay offroad tracks in the detroit area. pretty much always a couple of pros at every club race. the level of racing is really high.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Winter in Vegas is still pretty cold....sometimes even snow. Your best bet is SoCal for all year round good weather and high level racing. I lived in Vegas for about 6 years (moved from SoCal) and the level of competition for R/C was night and day in ALL classes. A 'pro' level racer in Vegas was more a 'Expert' driver in SoCal. I don't race anymore but if I do decide to start the hobby again, I would probably race 13.5 4wd. I really enjoyed Vegas after a few years living there but it's not the best place for sports in general.

GL wherever you choose.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walter white
I know this isnt really the right area for this but I didnt see any spot appropriate in the regional forums for nevada. is there any indoor off road tracks in the vegas area other than 702. I like dirt but will race carpet if thats all there is.
There is a small out door dirt track about an hour away in Kingman, Arizona. D and D Rc.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Shame that RC Tracks of Las Vegas closed. That place looked like a nice facility.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I remember going to 702 before the dirt was replaced with carpet. I had a lot of fun there and always people practicing or racing. There is also a community track on the west side near the bowl, not maintained but free. Maybe things have changed - google "las vegas silver bowl rc track" I think there is a FB group too.