• 1 Post By thefnshow
  • 1 Post By StadiumRC
  • 1 Post By olds45512

RC10T Re Re?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC10T Re Re?

so who thinks its time for the iconic RC10T to be re released....theyve released the worlds car so we know that a lot of the tooling is there.....

WHO WANTS ONE?
Old 02-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

YES!!!
Old 02-17-2018, 03:23 AM
mes
Tech Elite

That's a yes from me, too, but for the time being I'd be content with a T6.1. Never say never, a little birdy told me the next few months might be very exciting for Associated customers without giving me any details. Evil birdy!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah man. I'm trying to down size my stadium truck collection, not add to it.

The whole "getting everyone's hopes up" for the RC10T's comeback has been going on for years. Until I see a purposefully leaked 'something', I'll continue on with the T4 series. If it (RC10T re-re) does happen, I hope Team Associated doesn't inflate the price. Anything above $239 street price would be unjustified for me.
aeguy likes this.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

id love to see this happen the guy i deal with at my local hobby shop said his associated rep said they will not be doing any more re releases he was told "it was a nightmare for associated and it would never happen again" who knows though. never is a long time and money is money and business is business. maybe we should flood ae with emails and just beg until they cave lol
Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

if they do the t then it better come with the skinnies too !!!
LOW ET likes this.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have one that is a beast. bb and 13.5 in it.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen
huh, so thats why the worlds was discontinued, interesting. wonder how/why it was a nightmare

hell a trade off would be redecorating the t4.3 to look like a 10t and calling it a tribute. same good looks, better performance, looks good on the shelf. or is it just me?
I have one of the world's car reissues and I think most of the controversy centers around the gearbox and the kit pricing. Associated tooled a new updated "stealth" gearbox instead of using the vintage style case (which is based on the original mold and was still available at the time). The new gearbox wasn't tooled properly and they are notorious for being rough and crunchy when assembled. You can run them in and they will eventually smooth out, but in the eyes of many this wasn't acceptable as the original gearbox case could have been used to avoid this problem. The kit was also priced at $279.99 to start (if I remember correctly), and many felt this was steep for a vintage car in a niche market. The price eventually dropped, but they just didn't catch on very well. Mine has the correct vintage style stealth case and idler gear, it didn't cost me much to do it. I'm happy with mine and won't part with it, but I don't see Associated doing this again - at least not for a long while. It's really too bad, they are neat cars.

On a side note, I would LOVE to see a reissued RC10T - I have wanted one since I was a kid. The box art on those old kits was so cool, as a kid it really captured my imagination and made me want to go racing. I miss the live action box art shots with the cars jumping and such. The new stuff is very sterile/clinical/industrial.
francomang likes this.

Last edited by StadiumRC; 02-20-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Additional Text
Old 02-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why buy a re re when you can have the original?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-...oAAOSwZfNaZmbu
GrandeGixxer likes this.