Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo YZ-2 Rod End and Turnbuckle replacements? >

Yokomo YZ-2 Rod End and Turnbuckle replacements?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sickpuppy1
  • 1 Post By {tpc}

Yokomo YZ-2 Rod End and Turnbuckle replacements?

Old 02-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Yokomo YZ-2 Rod End and Turnbuckle replacements?

So I did a search, but kinda hard to find anything on this topic. I snapped one of my turnbuckles on the YZ-2 off inside the rod end. Finding exact replacement parts around here is proving difficult, and I need something for tonight.

Does anyone know if something off an Associated b6 or a TLR car would fit? I know the length of the turnbuckles is 52 mm, but I'm guessing something even slightly shorter would work. But what about the rod ends themselves? Is there something that would just pop on the existing yokomo ball end?

I just don't know if the ball ends, rod ends, and turnbuckles are all of some sort of standard thing, or if everyone uses something different?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you find the right length rod then any ball cup will work. I think the b5 cups are good due to material they’re made of
Norse likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As sick puppy advised the B5 series ballcups work great. (AE Heavy Duty Short Ballcups) They are longer which is nice as the turnbuckles are a bit short in my opinion when paired with the kit ballcups. You will need 5.5mm ballstuds, hence AE, Lunsford or Avid.

Little advice if you get the B5 AE Ballcups pop the ballstud in the opposite side of the ballcup and thus pop out. This little trick opens them up a tad, hence when you install the ballcup as directed it will be super smooth, thus rotate very nicely.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So after talking with some guys at the track, it was determined that I had b5 ballcups on it. Of course the track didn't carry any b5 ballcups, but they had the b6, so I didn't have to change any studs, just pop them on. And the turnbuckles were associated ti ones (probably from a b5m), so I bought a "set" of the 2 inch ones (the slighter shorter ones would have worked a little better, but I digress). They were a bit long but they worked great, and the b6 cups felt very smooth. As I found out, when i removed all the b5 ballcups from the turnbuckles, every turnbuckle I had was tweaked one way or another.

So after replacing all of them, I'm back in business. Last night was the first night in a long time I didn't have to constantly mess with the links (obviously because they they weren't bent like all the others). The reason I didn't know they weren't stock yok ones, is because I am I think the 3rd owner of this car, so some changes must have been made along the way.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Norse likes this.