Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Gear diff leaking >

Gear diff leaking

Gear diff leaking

Old 02-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gear diff leaking

Hello everyone, I I have a 22sct with the 22rtr gear diff. I noticed it was leaking, and it felt gritty, so I pulled it apart. There was only a thin film of oil covering the gears. I have red about these leaking before, and people changing the seals. My question is: what seals do I put in it? does anyone have a part number?

Thank you
Old 02-11-2018, 03:38 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle_TLRacing
Hello everyone, I I have a 22sct with the 22rtr gear diff. I noticed it was leaking, and it felt gritty, so I pulled it apart. There was only a thin film of oil covering the gears. I have red about these leaking before, and people changing the seals. My question is: what seals do I put in it? does anyone have a part number?

Thank you
check your manual for part numbers you need, would be a good place to start.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by a1
check your manual for part numbers you need, would be a good place to start.
I know the part number for the original seals, but even the new ones leak. I'm looking for the part number of the aftermarket seals
Old 02-11-2018, 04:08 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

get your part number and enter it into a well known rc website, they will pop up most best options.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by a1
get your part number and enter it into a well known rc website, they will pop up most best options.
I don't know the part number, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't know what aftermarket seals people use
Old 02-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

My advice is don't bother. The Losi RTR diff is a leaky thing and another seal won't change this. I recommend getting a decent gear diff. The TLR race diff for the 22 4.0 is what I use in my 22 SCT 3.0 and it is fantastic. Some have used the Serpent gear diff to good effect. They are both expensive but will work and don't leak.

TLR diff = TLR332067

Serpent diff = 500192