Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:11 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
I bought a gear diff for the t6.1 as I will for this , one of my glocks i lowered 10$ and got a bite should sell quickly tomorrow and i can invest to RC instead of Track & Field :P

the deal with the b6.1 i got was someone had it offered for sale on a site for much more than $220 and thats all I could offer him for the time being. He actually paid $40 in shipping with ups to send it out yesterday afternoon. Hoping it comes today but likely it will be saturday. (only one state away)

can you suggest any tires for driving this and or the t6.1 in some low cut grass parks. going to start there with my son so he can get the feel of steering a vehicle and liking it hopefully a sliver of how much i do he will be all about it. need to find somethings for him to get on besides video games :P

thinking about picking up this tekin rsx for the next esc especially since i have a hotwire now
I'd recommend yellow compound Schumacher Minispikes or Proline Pyramids Z3 for low cut grass.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If I want to ditch the direct drive for a slipper on the B6.1FL, is a kit (like Avid or Schelle) and a top shaft all I need?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

You'll also need the slipper screw (91799) and spring/spring adapters (91801) as well as the M3 lock nut.
BugleBoy10 likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im grappling with titanium screws for the 6.1FL. I bought the protek ones but reviews say they snap. No way I'm gonna spend 110.00 for RC speed secrets screws although really cool looking. Schelle has the uppers for 75 bucks but I cant see spending almost a third of the price of kit to save 15g. I will be running the 21.5 fixed timing class at hobby action. So Im on the fence, what do you think?
Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Ya I've had some breakage issues with the proteks. I doubt I'll ever buy theres again
Old 07-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Im grappling with titanium screws for the 6.1FL. I bought the protek ones but reviews say they snap. No way I'm gonna spend 110.00 for RC speed secrets screws although really cool looking. Schelle has the uppers for 75 bucks but I cant see spending almost a third of the price of kit to save 15g. I will be running the 21.5 fixed timing class at hobby action. So Im on the fence, what do you think?
You can easily get the B6.1 below 1499 g with lighter spec class electronics (eg, RS spec is only 22g and RSX Pro is 40), 16 gauge wire (21.5 doesn't need anything thicker), and a low profile/lightweight lipo. I wouldn't spend anything on TI screws before all other weight loss options are used. Rotating mass like the diff and cvds are more critical.
socalcloin likes this.

Last edited by Krio; 07-30-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
You can easily get the B6.1 below 1499 g with lighter spec class eleronics (eg, RS spec is only 22g and RSX Pro is 40), 16 gauge wire (21.5 doesn't need anything thicker), and a low profile/lightweight lipo. I wouldn't spend anything on TI screws before all other weight loss options are used. Rotating mass like the diff and cvd's are more critical.
​​​​​Yup I did not even try to make my B6.1d light weight and I had to add weights to get over the legal 1500. The only things that were "light weight" in my setup was the 3200mah lipos and the 160T servo. I put weights on it to get to 1500, and ended up getting to about 1540 to get the balance I liked. I have switched to larger lipos now and took out the battery weights so not sure where I am at now but guessing still over 1500 but just only slightly.

I found that the plastic pinion for my 21.5T setup was a very cheap and more effective than I expected it to be. I didn't bother with slipper delete or anything else, I don't get time to race much anyways.

Last edited by socalcloin; 07-29-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are any of the jcon or trinity motor plates lighter than the stock one? I'm talking about any aluminum ones not the carbon versions, I know those are lighter.

What lightweight parts other than Ti screws do you guys like?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
Are any of the jcon or trinity motor plates lighter than the stock one? I'm talking about any aluminum ones not the carbon versions, I know those are lighter.

What lightweight parts other than Ti screws do you guys like?
I bought a b6.1 FL put titanium turnbuckles, carbon motor plate, carbon steering arms, carbon esc plate, exotek battery strap, aluminum steering rack and bellcrank (heavier than stock), aluminum bulkhead and rear hubs (also heavier than stock) with a Trinity Revtech 4200mah battery, tekin rs gen2, tekin spec R, and a savox 1258 servo and I was at 1505g with a JC standard F2 body. They don't need much to get to minimum weight. I put aluminium locknuts on it just to add some more bling and I'm probably right at minimum weight now. Oh, and I'm running the 175rc plastic pinions
Old 07-30-2019, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

spend your money on track time.
b1narych0ice and Slashripper like this.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
spend your money on track time.
+1
Slashripper likes this.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone actually noted the weight savings in Titanium Screws? I weights turnbuckles once, and it was a savings of 9 grams. Of course, there are different manufactures.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

I saw someone post about scrapping the direct drive for a slipper.

would it be advisable to switch parts on the b6.1 FL (factory lite) to the same on the t6.1 team kit with the gear diff like I did. High traction carpet track.

If so what besides the Gear diff do I need to purchase. Sorry I bought it as a roller and I am familiar with the t6.1 as I built that myself very recently and hadnt built an RC kit in over a decade previously

any help greatly appreciated!
Old 08-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
I saw someone post about scrapping the direct drive for a slipper.

would it be advisable to switch parts on the b6.1 FL (factory lite) to the same on the t6.1 team kit with the gear diff like I did. High traction carpet track.

If so what besides the Gear diff do I need to purchase. Sorry I bought it as a roller and I am familiar with the t6.1 as I built that myself very recently and hadnt built an RC kit in over a decade previously

any help greatly appreciated!
for carpet ... you need harder springs, different pistons, gear diff, laydown transmission, anti roll bars front and rear, direct drive, servo weight, radio plate weight, and carpet tires that work on your track. Don't bother yourself with titanium parts. Work on your driving skills first and when you are at that level when you are just shaving tenths in your lap times..that is when you start thinking of buying ridiculous parts to help (in your head) makes you win races.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

okay it seems to have direct drive with it, so I can buy the gear diff , does it come with laydown transmission or how is that configured? which springs and pistons are you saying if you can link or put part #.

i got weights on the way and need to get the anti roll for the truck and buggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.