Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like to compare 17.5 to 125 2 stroke races... no room for mistakes, carrying corner speed is everything and more dependent on the rider. Yes it's slower, but not by much and not at all less fun. Don't get me wrong though, mod (and 450 4 strokes) are real cool too and want to try that in the near future.

But back to that B6.1, what an awesome car. I'm running box setup on the local turf track and the thing just does what I ask it to. Been able to turn some fast laps consistently on the first time out and only getting faster as I learn the buggy. I do like smaller LCG batteries better on it though, whereas bigger batteries helped me with steering on the 22 4.0.
My target for this summer is to not touch major setup points on the car (only adjustments on toe, camber, height and whatever is normal maintenance) and see how far I can go. I want to adapt and get as good as I can before having to tune something for my driving style, and it's going great I must say. Just hoping that the B7 doesn't come out soon so I don't regret getting the B6.1 a year after it launched!
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
I race in the USA only. I find almost no difference in wear in the last 25 yrs. I do the same maintenance anyways.
to each their own. I have been doing this for 35+ years, mod always wears out tires and drive line faster.
sksdean likes this.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
to each their own. I have been doing this for 35+ years, mod always wears out tires and drive line faster.
Yes it does. And tire wear and grip is way higher on average than it was 12 years ago last time I raced. Modern stuff is amazing. I'm glad I skipped the dark ages of brushless motors becoming what they are today haha.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
I race in the USA only. I find almost no difference in wear in the last 25 yrs. I do the same maintenance anyways.
How many times do you race in a month?
Old 05-23-2019, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I noticed most of the guys running the 6.1 (me included) at my local track can’t seem to get the car to land smoothly. I notice my car wants to bounce up no matter how smooth i land. Other guys running different manufacturers seem to get their cars to land like butter. Unbelievably forgiving. Would Kashima shocks help with smoothness? Different springs, pistons, oil? I don’t want to sacrifice handling for better landing, however.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anybody racing with RPM arms? I was about to get a set of flat fronts for dirt, and noticed RPM offers some.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by richard0714
I noticed most of the guys running the 6.1 (me included) at my local track can’t seem to get the car to land smoothly. I notice my car wants to bounce up no matter how smooth i land. Other guys running different manufacturers seem to get their cars to land like butter. Unbelievably forgiving. Would Kashima shocks help with smoothness? Different springs, pistons, oil? I don’t want to sacrifice handling for better landing, however.
Need more detailed info on your current setup before suggesting changes.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf211
Old 05-23-2019, 11:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by trf211
Landing a car smooth takes skill. Not trolling, just saying you control how a car lands. I have seen Rivkin launch his car flat land and never make a sound. Nose first helps, downsiding helps, whipping helps, landing on power helps....and more....Droop, ride height, springs and oil all help. But those thing change other things also.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10
Anybody racing with RPM arms? I was about to get a set of flat fronts for dirt, and noticed RPM offers some.
Why? What issue are you wanting to solve? My arms are about a year old of racing weekly....never broke one, and I hit a lot of pipes.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard0714
I run mine with 27.5 weight shock oil front and rear.. I like overall how it jumps and lands a little better vs what I originally had (32.5 F / 30 R) I was actually surprised the difference it made for me.
richard0714 likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Why? What issue are you wanting to solve? My arms are about a year old of racing weekly....never broke one, and I hit a lot of pipes.
No problem really. My kit came with gull arms and I want to get flat ones. Was just debating whether to stick with AE or get RPM.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10

No problem really. My kit came with gull arms and I want to get flat ones. Was just debating whether to stick with AE or get RPM.
make sure you change the tower also
BugleBoy10 likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Richard adding a little more shock stroke will help. To me the only things that stick out on the setup sheet that will weaken the landing ability is the 27mm shock stroke, 28.5mm is a good starting point. The further you move the axles up the more it hampers the landing ability, so the shorter shock stroke and raised rear axle combined together will contribute to the bottom out issue. I'd start with just the shock package though as that is most important for jump handling.

Was this setup sheet made for your layout?
richard0714 likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

A few other at our track and I noticed the b6.1 from the box seemed to favor the back end upon landing. What I mean by that is when landing on all 4 wheels the front suspension will stop absorbing the impact first and the rear continues to absorb the rest of the impact. Tried a slew of shock positions, shock lengths, springs, pistons, oils to rebalance this. As we moved the battery all the way forward and switched to the laydown it got much better balance front and rear. Now with the 1.6/1.7 split pistons and 22-23mm shock stroke in the front it lands very balanced and drives great.
richard0714 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.