Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dickie doyle
I’ve found this asked in this thread with no replies, but has anyone tried Vision Racing Products shock pistons in their B6.1? My local track is misted, damp indoor clay, but it ends up being very high bite (slicks or primes) with lots of small divots and bumps. I’m thinking I could thicken up the oil to avoid rolling, but maintain grip with the rebound being fast. Any experience?
i got vrp 3x1.4 and 3x1.5 pistons but haven't found the sweet spot yet. 1.6/1.7 are easier to set up. Just go up in oils, what oils are you on?
Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexusbest
i got vrp 3x1.4 and 3x1.5 pistons but haven't found the sweet spot yet. 1.6/1.7 are easier to set up. Just go up in oils, what oils are you on?
you guys know you can actually buy a piston drill bit set and customize your pistons right?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I need a B6.1 for my indoor clay track I have a factory lite looking for a second buggy should I do the new DL limited edition that’s coming out or just do a B6.1D this is for stock racing thanks guys I am new to this .
Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexusbest
32.5f
30r
Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RClos17
So I need a B6.1 for my indoor clay track I have a factory lite looking for a second buggy should I do the new DL limited edition that’s coming out or just do a B6.1D this is for stock racing thanks guys I am new to this .
For you, the DL makes a bit more sense.

Only real differences between the original 6.1D and the new DL kit is the gearbox, rear shock bodies, and front steering arms. The DL has the laydown transmission, shorter rear shock bodies (and matching shock tower), and the +1 arms. The 6.1D has the layback, tall shock bodies/tower, and 0 arms. Higher traction and smoother tracks will favor the DL while lower traction and rougher will favor the 6.1D.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
For you, the DL makes a bit more sense.

Only real differences between the original 6.1D and the new DL kit is the gearbox, rear shock bodies, and front steering arms. The DL has the laydown transmission, shorter rear shock bodies (and matching shock tower), and the +1 arms. The 6.1D has the layback, tall shock bodies/tower, and 0 arms. Higher traction and smoother tracks will favor the DL while lower traction and rougher will favor the 6.1D.
Actually the D and the DL are exactly the same besides the transmission. They both have tall shocks and +1 steering arms.
jtodd57 likes this.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
Actually the D and the DL are exactly the same besides the transmission. They both have tall shocks and +1 steering arms.
Good to know. Were the steering arms a running change? My 6.1D came with 0.

And I think the DL comes with the lightweight body whereas the D has a regular one.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
So they are basically the same should I wait for a DL or just do the D kit and start building it .
Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

So they are basically the same should I wait for a DL or just do the D kit and start building it .
DL might as well get the new kit.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the 6.1d with laydown gearbox will feel exactly the same on the track as the 6.1DL. Hope that answers your question.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Is anyone running this car in a 21.5T spec class on clay? Seems the local track is pushing for that to be the new sportsman motor. I run mine box stock above the ROAR weight minimum with a 17.5T s-plus (non torque version) and it is fine.

What would be the lowest cost upgrade to help with the loss of power, Slipper delete?

Edit - my vote would be to stay 17.5T sportsman class but I dont race often so my vote doesnt really count... so just buying a 21.5T motor would not be that big of a deal I guess.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalcloin
Is anyone running this car in a 21.5T spec class on clay? Seems the local track is pushing for that to be the new sportsman motor. I run mine box stock above the ROAR weight minimum with a 17.5T s-plus (non torque version) and it is fine.

What would be the lowest cost upgrade to help with the loss of power, Slipper delete?

Edit - my vote would be to stay 17.5T sportsman class but I dont race often so my vote doesnt really count... so just buying a 21.5T motor would not be that big of a deal I guess.
Yeah, I would say slipper eliminator and aluminum timing and stator screws. For smaller gains, titanium top shaft, plastic pinion. Everything else that I can think of would be more expensive (i.e. pucks and ceramic bearings).

You could also try to adjust your setup to get more speed and better jumping characteristics like decreasing rear toe and increasing anti-squat.
socalcloin likes this.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

What would you gear that 21.5 at?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:19 PM
mes
Tech Elite

IMHO sportsman should not need all those upgrades at all. If you want to get new blood into the hobby, lower costs and less power will help for sure. The other day, one of our club members borrowed a B6.1 with a Surpass 17.5 to race mod on wet astroturf, and he was faster down the straight than some of the mod guys without pulling the trigger completely. In Germany, stock racing is 10.5 4wd and 13.5 2wd, and our NORC fun, hobby and newbie class is 17.5. We are contemplating to initiate the switch to the US motor winds, and going 21.5 for fun/hobby if you use a motor newer than a date TBD. Things have moved forward a lot in the last few years.
Gearing depends on the motor and the track a lot. For the modern cars, a wide range of spurs and pinions are available, so switching to 21.5 should be no biggie.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phillip F
you guys know you can actually buy a piston drill bit set and customize your pistons right?
i drilled rears from 3x1.4 to 3x1.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.