Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread >

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Like Tree794Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 06:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday):

Print Wikipost

Old 05-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tobey457 View Post
So what’s the consensus - does the grey B6 idler gear fix the stripping issue w/lockout, or are people still stripping the grey gears too?

doesn't matter which color idler gear. It will strip with the AE Factory Direct Drive. .. especially 13.5 in carpet
The Schelle lockout works. and it's the same price.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes View Post
Thank you for your verdict! I just ordered the stand-up parts for the only dirt race in our race calender in about six weeks, where we'll be running Holeshots. Did you use the brass C-block and long rear shocks?
Yes on the longer rear shocks (they are stock on the B6.1D), and no on the brass c-block.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtodd57 View Post
Where was this ?
This was at Walter's RC park. They also have a large flying field and obstacles for crawlers as well.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

might be a stupid question but I hate spending money only to have to mod something, but does the current B6 chassis protectors fit the 6.1's wasn't sure where they actually shortened the chassis at if it's just overall length right off the back no big deal but if it were out of the middle it could affect it more in some areas.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
might be a stupid question but I hate spending money only to have to mod something, but does the current B6 chassis protectors fit the 6.1's wasn't sure where they actually shortened the chassis at if it's just overall length right off the back no big deal but if it were out of the middle it could affect it more in some areas.
they fit. minor trimming from the back is all you need to do
Old 05-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Scott
Scott R likes this.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
Drove the b6.1 for the first time today. I currently drive Xb2 and xb4 in two other classes. Didnít want to dump all the money into another Xb2 to get it the way I like. I set it up as close I could to my Xb2, using Schelle -2 hubs very similar to the new team kit hubs from X-ray, +1 steering blocks, aluminum steering rack/ bell crank/ horn, all the brass/ steel weights bulk head, some shims, and the only other things I changed from stock was differential to 10k and 450cst front, 400cst rear shocks per my track layout. I was very impressed with how responsive the car was. Corner exits were super impressive. My biggest complaints are the ball cups, especially on the steering links, even with chap stick and dry wax I managed to pop them off the steering links a few times. When assembling the turnbuckles I was worried about it after how easily they snapped into the ball studs. A buddy at the track recommended the b5m cups, so Iíll give those a try. My only other complaints are motor mount fan locations. I tried to mount the fan in the left rear next to the slipper spring ďclearing the slipper lock nut by maybe 2.5-3mmĒ and that only lasted a few runs. I saw a few recommendations in earlier posts, any other options or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Overall Iím very happy with the car, easy to drive with responsive tuning.
So I am on the fence I have the xb2 18 and itís quick but looking at the b6.1 they just look a little more planted but my Xray is on the pace....itís just a thing I want to try,so what is better on the b6.1 than the xb2
Old 05-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here's my contribution to the ongoing search for a good way to mount a fan on this car. This is a 30mm fan, identical (I think) to the popular WTF fan:

That's an old XRAY TC servo post on a lengthened side rail attachment screw. The servo posts on the current XRAY TCs are similar, as are many others. I was in a hurry so I made the fan adapter from Lexan sheet; when I have time I'll use the Lexan adapter as a template to make one from 2mm carbon fiber. (You can see cracks already starting to form in the Lexan after one day's running at Die Hard RC, our local outdoor turf track.)

The second view shows how the top of the fan tilts in a little toward the motor. The XRAY servo mount isn't quite secure on its screw; I'll fix this by taking a little material off the bottom and putting a *thin* nut there. If that isn't sufficient I'll attach the other side of the fan (just one corner will do) to the unused battery mount boss nearby.

You can also see the little angle-Lexan support for the rear of the body. I always used this on the B6 and just brought it over.
I'm using my old B6 body too, as you can tell from the covered-over intake holes for the B6's fan position. The old slipper-adjustment hole on the other side makes a handy exit for the air flowing over the motor.

I made some long runs with the car geared for racing, TSR 17.5 motor, and the motor got up to about 135 which I'm fine with.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MarkBrown, if your motor is coming off at 135į with a fan blowing on it, the inside of your motor is probably just as disgusting as the rest of your car.

​​​​​​​Have you never heard of an air compressor?
lbckevin likes this.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2 View Post
MarkBrown, if your motor is coming off at 135į with a fan blowing on it, the inside of your motor is probably just as disgusting as the rest of your car.

Have you never heard of an air compressor?
​​​​​​​at least hes contributing something positive to this thread. Stay Classy bro
DRTMI, big ted and gswart44 like this.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The fan held up great using a servo mount with a longer screw in the rear brace hole. There were no issues with slipper or fan making contact and the fan did a great job cooling the motor.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro View Post

The fan held up great using a servo mount with a longer screw in the rear brace hole. There were no issues with slipper or fan making contact and the fan did a great job cooling the motor.
Is this the best place for a fan mount so far?
Johnn27 likes this.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
Is this the best place for a fan mount so far?
It was the best location for me, it also has worked very well for people that glued them to their B6 chassis (similar location) and the body fitment isn't an issue.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

I have taken the chassis brace out and used a fan between the motor and the battery, stuck it down with a bit of double sided tape. 30mm and 40mm fits.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro View Post

so is the fan sticking out of the body? Did you cut your body for this? What body are you using?

Last edited by Phillip F; 05-09-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service