Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread >

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Like Tree832Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 06:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday):

Print Wikipost

Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Where in the UK are you going to be racing? I might be able to help you out with setups.

As far as bodies go look at the Penguin range for the B6/B6.1
Yeah I checked that body. not too bad to be fair, but I still feel like it lacks in styling compared to JC, but thats besides the point haha

For racing mostly York which I believe is similar to Worksop indoor track, maybe more carpet? MB Models for practice days and possibly club nights sometimes, then next year I'm hoping to take part in other clubs series and such as I improve, maybe even some regionals, so variety of tracks, its the benefit and downside of being 1H+ away from any track

Originally Posted by mes View Post
+1 on the S2, F2, and P2 handling characteristics, and I can also comment on the P2K. The F2 and the Finnisher before used to be my go-to body since they were first released. Racing mainly on Astro, I really liked the P2 I painted for my son, but as I prefer nimble handling cars, I felt the rear downforce was just a bit too much for me. Of course, my son gave me a thorough trashing when we raced in the same class in Helmond/NL last year, but I sticked to my F2. Fast forward to 2019: I saw the P2K and new this was the body I wanted, but as I had sold my 2WD just a short time before, it was not to be. Then I got the chance to paint (see below) and test one and beat my personal best time with a 17.5 on my home track, and painted another one for another friend. In my book, the P2K is the best of both worlds: It offers high speed stability and does not lock in the rear end too much. It is so balanced that I bought one for my new 2WD and put the kit F2 lightweight body into the cabinet. Big thumbs up to the P2K!
Thank you, I wish I could paint my own shells in custom colours, would save a ton and let me try all these different ones
Old 08-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2 View Post
lol, when you say gear down to clarify, which gear(s) is going down the pinion tooth , spur tooth or both?
I just PMed you... if youre @ 702 on Saturday, come by and you can try whatever pinion(s) youd like - we can play with gearing
Old 08-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Greetings all. Purchased a B6.1D roller yesterday. Should arrive in a day or two. Been out of the hobby for about 25 years. The most modern of my 5 cars and trucks is a Losi XX. Actually my RC10 GT team truck could be a little newer. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I looked for a "introduce yourself" type thread and couldn't find one. Cheers
Old 08-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Greetings all. Purchased a B6.1D roller yesterday. Should arrive in a day or two. Been out of the hobby for about 25 years. The most modern of my 5 cars and trucks is a Losi XX. Actually my RC10 GT team truck could be a little newer. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I looked for a "introduce yourself" type thread and couldn't find one. Cheers
Good choice, I just got back into hobby myself after 10 or so year break with a B6.1, have to wait until September for racing to restart at local track tho , was hard picking a car to go with though for me since they all had there positives and negatives, but 6.1 seemed to have the most positives for my local area