Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread >

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Old 08-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

My thoughts, as a pretty fast racer but not a pro.

Charging / Discharging at high rates.
- I run Maclan/Reedy HV batteries. I discharge at 30, and charge at 30.
- I believe my batteries will last a year, of racing every weekend, with no issues.
- If your running a class, that you need more power, and you can race where you almost never crash, it may help.
- But 2wd Buggy, 17.5, I doubt you would notice a difference. 2wd Shortcourse, 17.5, you more likely may.
- When your racing and not crashing, and seeing someone faster than you by .2 seconds per lap, might be a good step to take.

B6.1d
- I run machined shock guts and chrome shock shafts. Someone cool suggested it. Necessary, no.
- Aluminum servo horn, a must.
- I run the hardened diff balls, ceramic. Someone suggested they last longer.
- Graphite ESC plate, as it is a nice way to mount your esc.
- Full size 2s battery, and a Brass C, to make min weight. If needed, add a brass weight under the battery.
- Aluminum rear hubs and steering are more for Strength. Modified, need them more. Race a lot, might upgrade when your plastics get some slop. Nice, but not needed.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

If ya have extra money you want to spend, start adding some titanium stuff like screws, front axles and most importantly, titanium turnbuckles. Also, a cool paint job makes you 10% faster!
rvrslt1 likes this.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vintage AE
If ya have extra money you want to spend, start adding some titanium stuff like screws, front axles and most importantly, titanium turnbuckles. Also, a cool paint job makes you 10% faster!
ooo, did not know about the cool paint boost. But I've seen everyone with a front wing, be a pro.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just my opinion, but I agree with a lot that has been said, and you seem a lot like me and "to poor to buy cheap" so to speak, but with that being said there also is no need to over spend just for a specific name brand, but if you get good solid stuff get into a regular racing schedule and ask questions from others at your track as almost everyone I have meet at our 2 local tracks is willing to help out and share info. I have a brand new B6.1D and a used B64D running both in stock and neither have any after market bling or upgrades and I'm not the easiest on stuff and both seem to be pretty durable. good luck and most of all have fun.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Crush tube?

Thereís a large downhill and hard right hander jump at my local track and it creates a lot of side load on our buggies. Iíve wrecked some rear hub bearings already. Does AE or anyone else make or know the size of a crush tube that would fit between the inner and outer rear hub bearings for the aluminum hubs? Iíve managed to tighten my wheels a little too tightly making the bearings crunchy but also the side load is killin them, the buggy ďtwerpsĒ when downsizing the jump. TIA.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you want to save a bit of money, I think an MT-44 would be worthwhile over the M12-RS. I think speeds are equivalent, so youíre not getting a performance difference with the M12. Some people think the M12 is too heavy anyway.
I_NeedBigDrink likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bif24701

Aaron

PS, I will begin by reading through this thread.
Message me when you come to town, I've taken home the W the last few weeks in expert stock at SDRC and have a pretty dialed set up right now. You will have tons of support from AE guys and a lot of guys run the Tekin stuff here as well. There will be a few options for tires that work at SDRC, my personal favorites I've found would be JC Dirt Webs all the way around or RawSpeed Stage 2 fronts, RawSpeed Riptide rears. Can't wait to see you at the track!
stuka73 likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RazorRC
If you want to save a bit of money, I think an MT-44 would be worthwhile over the M12-RS. I think speeds are equivalent, so youíre not getting a performance difference with the M12. Some people think the M12 is too heavy anyway.
Yup !!!
Old 08-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123
Message me when you come to town, I've taken home the W the last few weeks in expert stock at SDRC and have a pretty dialed set up right now. You will have tons of support from AE guys and a lot of guys run the Tekin stuff here as well. There will be a few options for tires that work at SDRC, my personal favorites I've found would be JC Dirt Webs all the way around or RawSpeed Stage 2 fronts, RawSpeed Riptide rears. Can't wait to see you at the track!
awesome! Thank you! I will.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Just my opinion, but I agree with a lot that has been said, and you seem a lot like me and "to poor to buy cheap" so to speak, but with that being said there also is no need to over spend just for a specific name brand, but if you get good solid stuff get into a regular racing schedule and ask questions from others at your track as almost everyone I have meet at our 2 local tracks is willing to help out and share info. I have a brand new B6.1D and a used B64D running both in stock and neither have any after market bling or upgrades and I'm not the easiest on stuff and both seem to be pretty durable. good luck and most of all have fun.
things like a high quality radio, charger, batteries seem a worthwhile investment considering I will use them every time I hit the track no matter the car or clsss. I also donít want any excusses. It may seem Iím diving into the deep end before learning to swim but well thatís what I do. I actually learned to swim that way and Iíve got a problem with projects. I get totally obsessed where I leave no details over looked. I have to have something to challenge me. I loved reef tanks, most challenging thing Iíve ever done but I got to a point it was on cruse control, well computer controlled. I had a computer that literally ran every aspect on the 300 gallon system that I programmed my self.

Just excited to have an opportunity to explore a new challenge, didnít exist where I lived before.

Also vey excited that my son can join right in with me and get some time off the computer. Both of us running AE cars will help set ups, spare parts, fewer tools, and I can pass down things as I upgrade haha.
jtodd57 likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

How many folks have children that share the hobby with you? Do you run the same cars and classes. How does it work for you in the pits?
Old 08-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

How many folks have children that share the hobby with you? Do you run the same cars and classes. How does it work for you in the pits?
That's exactly how I started, my dad got me my first car 12 years ago and we ran the same chassis and every time he upgraded a part I got the old one that was no doubt still better than what I had on my car originally. If you've driven a car before and have some experience you can race sportsman and your son can race rookie etc. or you both can start in rookie and work your way higher when you start to get the hang of it.

At SDRC though on a normal club night there is no rookie class so you most likely will be both in sportsman, but you shouldn't worry, there are some drivers in sportsman that definitely should be in rookie.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My dad got me into RC in the late 80s early 90s when I was a kid. He found it easier to always be in a different class if possible. This would allow him to help me as needed, then later me help him as well. When we got into nitro this was very important.

Later it became more of a supportive thing when I was a young adult. Having different classes we could switch if we wanted to try something different and still help each other out. Also no personal conflict if one of us got grumpy... we could bitch to each other and the other was never normally involved with the issue since we did not race the same class.

Now he lives in Iowa and I live in SoCal. - He still helped me as he was the one who got me back into it by sentdng me a 22T and a few items to get me started with a huge dad discount... Its funny though I am 37 and make plenty of money and tried to pay him more but he is still my dad.

If your track has limited classes you may not have these options.. and I can tell you even as an adult, having someone else (friend or family) there that can assist you or just watch what you are doing is nice as we all make mistakes.

Either way.. it is an awesome family hobby if you all enjoy it. You may find though some kids have no interest.. I hope you do not have that problem as it is a bummer.

Edit -
Originally Posted by YankeeFan123

At SDRC though on a normal club night there is no rookie class so you most likely will be both in sportsman, but you shouldn't worry, there are some drivers in sportsman that definitely should be in rookie.
​​​​​​​Hey I represent that.. when I actually make it haha..
YankeeFan123 and bif24701 like this.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalcloin
My dad got me into RC in the late 80s early 90s when I was a kid. He found it easier to always be in a different class if possible. This would allow him to help me as needed, then later me help him as well. When we got into nitro this was very important.

Later it became more of a supportive thing when I was a young adult. Having different classes we could switch if we wanted to try something different and still help each other out. Also no personal conflict if one of us got grumpy... we could bitch to each other and the other was never normally involved with the issue since we did not race the same class.

Now he lives in Iowa and I live in SoCal. - He still helped me as he was the one who got me back into it by sentdng me a 22T and a few items to get me started with a huge dad discount... Its funny though I am 37 and make plenty of money and tried to pay him more but he is still my dad.

If your track has limited classes you may not have these options.. and I can tell you even as an adult, having someone else (friend or family) there that can assist you or just watch what you are doing is nice as we all make mistakes.

Either way.. it is an awesome family hobby if you all enjoy it. You may find though some kids have no interest.. I hope you do not have that problem as it is a bummer.

Edit -

​​​​​​​Hey I represent that.. when I actually make it haha..
I agree with your post 100%. I am 64 years old and I still race with my 32 year old son every other week at OCRC. Love this hobby.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man.. added weight and lighter shock oil and my b6.1d is just nicer to drive.
​​​​​​
Went from 32.5w in front and 30w in rear to 27.5w all the way around.

Put 22g under the battey bringing total weight up to about 1530g.

Now I just need to get my ass to the track more and practice.. ended up 3rd in the B main of sportsman buggy yesterday. I am just not on the level but it's still a blast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.