Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

13.5 Wheeler question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Prophet

I don't race in the 13.5 4wd buggy class but the D413 stock chassis or the Schelle +4 one would be pretty good I think in that class its light . I been running my D413 for a while really the only issue is getting to the diffs a drill drive is a must and you can limit the droop on the shock rod ends .

The 22-4 2.0 looks like a real pain to maintain .
Old 02-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yea ive never been a fan of belt drive anyway. The 22-4 was never really on my radar. Ive seen plenty of them win and i know its a capable car. I just don't want that headache lol
Old 02-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Then don’t get a 22-4
and don't get a HB413.. I so wanted to throw my old one at multiple times when I was building the kit . My EB410 on the other hand was probably the easiest kit I've ever built..

Me personally in the 3 cars that I have had.. I liked the Durango that I had.. It was a blast to drive. I then got a really good deal on a HB413 kit when HB was closing up their warehouse here in So Cal so I built that and sold the Durango. Me personally I never felt comfortable with it. I would drive my B5 with more abandon than I would the HB. Maybe because I had a 6.0 motor in it versus the 10.5 in the B5 but I never really felt comfortable.

My EB I absolutely love this car. My other cars pretty much are shelf queens now because I drive this all the time. I am quicker with this and a 13.5 Tekin SpecR than I felt I was with the mod HB..
Old 02-06-2018, 02:00 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What surface are you planning on running?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JsK
What surface are you planning on running?
Indoor clay i would say medium to high bite.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The HB413 and 22-4 are a pain to work on, the xb4 eb410 and b64 are pieces of cake. Personally I'd be looking at the XB4 or EB410. I ran my xb4-16 for 2 years in mod and only broke 1 a-arm. I just sold it and got the 18 a month or two ago. I sold my 16 for 175$ and the car was still in great shape.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
... Personally I'd be looking at the XB4 or EB410...
^ there are no other exceptions if you're on a tight budget, pretty much anything else will suck you dry on parts unless you're a super clean driver.

I want to caution that many of the locals in my area sold their SCT's to run wheeler (just like the OP is planning to do) and some of them are learning the hard way that you can't drive this class like you do an SCT. There's this one guy I know who has managed to break parts that I thought were unbreakable, where I've had my fair of nasty crashes and haven't broken my EB410 yet making me feel it's by far the most durable platform I know, then I see this guy run his 13.5 full speed into a wall, and I'm like dayum son, you need to go back to the SCT class!
WdotDynamite likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

The Eb410 is the vehicle that initially triggered my curiosity. Ive seen a few at the track and they just appear to be such a nice rig.

I didnt know for certain but I did assume they would drive much different than my truck. That is also something that intrigued me to be honest.

Looks like the list is narrowed to the tekno, b64, and the xray. From all the info gathered these seem to be the three that i would enjoy the most.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WdotDynamite
The Eb410 is the vehicle that initially triggered my curiosity. Ive seen a few at the track and they just appear to be such a nice rig.

I didnt know for certain but I did assume they would drive much different than my truck. That is also something that intrigued me to be honest.

Looks like the list is narrowed to the tekno, b64, and the xray. From all the info gathered these seem to be the three that i would enjoy the most.
The eb410 will definitely be a bit different in handling characteristics but it is one of the easiest 4x4 buggies to drive with the stock setup. It can use a couple of upgrades off the bat like Aluminum shock caps and an aluminum servo horn, but it is all worth it when you feel it on track.

The Xb4 will probably be just as easy to work with and will be as durable if not more so, however parts cost is sky high so simple maintenance things like rebuilding shocks or replacing outdrives can get very expensive if you run on abrasive surfaces like hard clay or dirt that require a lot of maintenance.

The b64d, well it's pretty okay Parts cost is good, it handles pretty nice according to reports and parts should be easy to come by. But it doesn't have the pizzazz that the Tekno does
WdotDynamite likes this.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Just got off the phone with my local track. Mr worries are correct. 2-3 to 1 turnout rate on a normal average club night. Said pro 4 barely has a full heat most nights.

Ive never driven a wheeler and I know it will be different but im excited to learn it. Scte is going bye bye
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Just got off the phone with my local track. Mr worries are correct. 2-3 to 1 turnout rate on a normal average club night. Said pro 4 barely has a full heat most nights.

Ive never driven a wheeler and I know it will be different but im excited to learn it. Scte is going bye bye
I know the feeling man I built an eb48sl last year because I remembered it as a growing class at our local track. But after building it I find out they rarely ever have enough people to even run the class on any given race day lol. My eb48 actually has dust on the chassis right now.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Which track was that? I plan on going to EN/Sparks when my replacement parts get in from Amain.

Seemed like plenty of them there.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Which track was that? I plan on going to EN/Sparks when my replacement parts get in from Amain.

Seemed like plenty of them there.
EN is the track I go to. Been taking my son to practice since Christmas and i barely see any pro4. Have attended a few race nights....same thing....maybe 4-6 at the most
Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Cool. See ya there soon.

I'm fine with just 4 cars showing up for 4wd buggy. I only race that class to build reflexes for nitrobuggy in the summer. 4wd are fun indoors.

I think the Factory races them as well.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Cool. See ya there soon.

I'm fine with just 4 cars showing up for 4wd buggy. I only race that class to build reflexes for nitrobuggy in the summer. 4wd are fun indoors.

I think the Factory races them as well.
No that is for 4wd sct. 4wd buggy is getting a much larger turnout. Both mod and stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.