Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Awesome write up and pictures.
Thanks for the compliment!
Dave_S likes this.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by claytrackstar

will you make a nice video with cool slow mo in a 50/60fps edit ?
Old 05-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by werner sline
will you make a nice video with cool slow mo in a 50/60fps edit ?
You know I will! I'm actually working on one as we speak! Here's a link to one of my running videos. Give me a like and a sub if you feel so inclined! find me on instagram as @mikereation

Old 05-14-2018, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I finally got to run my UDR on a track yesterday. It worked pretty well! Takes a different driving style than I’m used to, but it was fun! I think the suspension needs to be a little stiffer for loose dirt. I might play with shock oil a little and see how it does.

Last edited by Toypainter; 05-14-2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

claytrackstar - don't make it with onboard vid ,,, they stink all shaky and cant see crap.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tim3
claytrackstar - don't make it with onboard vid ,,, they stink all shaky and cant see crap.
Nah, seen plenty of good onboard videos. Depends on the terrain too though. At a track it's easy to get decent footage. Also helps a lot if you have an action camera with optical image stabilization. I considered getting one and a Blockbuster body for my 1/10 SCTs, but in the end I figured why put 100€ into that when no one's gonna give a damn about the footage anyway As is my footage isn't too terribly shaky, but the resolution is crap (theoretically 720p but actually tends to look worse than a good 480p).
Old 05-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default My New running video is up!

My new running video is up! Like and Subscribe and I'll return the favor! Thanks!

Find me on instagram at PROJECTLINK.ME for more content!

Last edited by claytrackstar; 06-11-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 05-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My new running video is up! Like and Subscribe and I'll return the favor! Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGf-EnLSw8&t=7s

Find me on instagram at MIKEREATION for more content!
pretty fancy!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by statik

pretty fancy!
I'll take that as a compliment! The UDR is so fun to make videos with because it looks so good!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'll take that as a compliment! The UDR is so fun to make videos with because it looks so good!
did you post the re-edited version ? or is it the older one ?
Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by werner sline
did you post the re-edited version ? or is it the older one ?
Here's the Re-edit! More content on instagram @Mikereation and on youtube at Mikereation as well!
https://www.projectlink.me/projects-...t-racer-review
Dave_S and smirkracing like this.

Last edited by claytrackstar; 05-25-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone having heat issues on 6S? I felt the truck was too underpowered on 4s and I'm loving 6S, but even on a 75F degree day a pack of 5500 batts gets the motor close to 200F, which is not good at all. I run on a mix of all terrains, grass, dirt and street all at once, so its not like its trucking thru high grass the whole time. The motor is just so cramped and theres no airflow moving thru the space it just can't stay cool. I was going to put on one of those big hobbywing HSFs but the only way it would fit is if I cut out the area above the motor(facing up on the truck), but then realized theres a mounting point for the roll cage so I can't do it.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deviltrigger529
Anyone having heat issues on 6S? I felt the truck was too underpowered on 4s and I'm loving 6S, but even on a 75F degree day a pack of 5500 batts gets the motor close to 200F, which is not good at all. I run on a mix of all terrains, grass, dirt and street all at once, so its not like its trucking thru high grass the whole time. The motor is just so cramped and theres no airflow moving thru the space it just can't stay cool. I was going to put on one of those big hobbywing HSFs but the only way it would fit is if I cut out the area above the motor(facing up on the truck), but then realized theres a mounting point for the roll cage so I can't do it.
I hear ya. This is one of the disadvantages of having a inverted tub chassis design along having the motor obstructed from much airflow. I thought about running a small duct down to that area to keep the air flow constant from the cockpit. It would also be nice to have some sort of fan in that area to keep airflow constant.

The main issue is heatsoak due to the compact design/proximity of the geartrain/motor. I've checked temps after running 6s (though mostly low cut grass) on a 80d+ day and I'm getting in the 155-165 range and that's borderline for that motor. Keep in mind that's WITHOUT the belly pan installed so there is a huge difference in cooling air with/without it.

Anyone want to 3D print a updated belly pan with a NACA duct in it? Sure, debris would be a problem, but it's a thought.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
I hear ya. This is one of the disadvantages of having a inverted tub chassis design along having the motor obstructed from much airflow. I thought about running a small duct down to that area to keep the air flow constant from the cockpit. It would also be nice to have some sort of fan in that area to keep airflow constant.

The main issue is heatsoak due to the compact design/proximity of the geartrain/motor. I've checked temps after running 6s (though mostly low cut grass) on a 80d+ day and I'm getting in the 155-165 range and that's borderline for that motor. Keep in mind that's WITHOUT the belly pan installed so there is a huge difference in cooling air with/without it.

Anyone want to 3D print a updated belly pan with a NACA duct in it? Sure, debris would be a problem, but it's a thought.
Damn I was wondering how you were keeping it that low. I thought about running it without the bottom pan too but thought it would cause more harm than good. I'm actually installing just the fan from the giant Hobbywing HSF directly on the upper chassis(under the drivers) with a hole cut in it, hopefully this helps. I'm attaching some pics for reference if anyone wants to see or try it, let me know if the pics aren't showing up.

Steel_Rain likes this.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deviltrigger529
Damn I was wondering how you were keeping it that low. I thought about running it without the bottom pan too but thought it would cause more harm than good. I'm actually installing just the fan from the giant Hobbywing HSF directly on the upper chassis(under the drivers) with a hole cut in it, hopefully this helps. I'm attaching some pics for reference if anyone wants to see or try it, let me know if the pics aren't showing up.
That's a great idea. Obviously, a heatsink won't work directly, but that's a good way to get some air movement in/around the motor can.

Nice work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.