Traxxas UDR 1/7 Truck >

Traxxas UDR 1/7 Truck

Like Tree101Likes

Traxxas UDR 1/7 Truck

Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Has anyone seen how the battery tray is set up? I haven't seen anything that really shows it.
Batteries stack on top of each other. Plug into bottom of truck. There’s a picture here

The Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer Will Blow Your Mind - RC Car Action
Old 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Finally some "non-promotional" footage:

http://youtu.be/TR8cefUCuUs
Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain

Just what I didn’t need to see. That’s similar to where I’d run.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

nice videos, it seems fast, but no crash, no cartwheel

uhm, the last man who dared say the truth was jang

aussieplayground tells also the truth, by that i mean that if a rc has obvious problems, he will show them. i like his channel
Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

wonder if that is in the cards next as he mentioned the BMX track was rained out I believe?

For what I can see in the vid, it doesn't have anything oddball sticking out (weird traction rolls, etc)
Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Just what I didn’t need to see. That’s similar to where I’d run.
Buying another one Billy?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Buying another one Billy?
I won’t say no. But not right away. I’ve kinda lost interest in my off road stuff over past year. Just don’t have good places. And looking at both this and the Losi, I really don’t have a good place for this style. Baseball field works for the 1/10 Baja Rey. But really too small for these larger trucks.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

I won’t say no. But not right away. I’ve kinda lost interest in my off road stuff over past year. Just don’t have good places. And looking at both this and the Losi, I really don’t have a good place for this style. Baseball field works for the 1/10 Baja Rey. But really too small for these larger trucks.
I hear ya. Lots of room needed for 1/6-1/7 SCT's. I have no idea how these are gonna stack up, but here is what I think.

The SBR will have better grip and will handle better on the top end. The UDR will have less tq twist and will behave like a much smaller rig (and look more scale doing it). I do amire the shock design of the UDR over the SBR, but the Losi's size gives it the advantage in the high speed handling department.

I'm glad Losi didn't just use the 5ive-T chassis and covert it to electric. I'm also glad Traxxas took the high road and went scale with the new rig. As much as people might bash the use of plastic in the UDR, I think it'll pay off in terms of weight. I can see the Losi "feeling" overweight comparing the two back to back.

Regardless...come on Springtime if your a solid axle guy!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Tech Legend

looking at that video ... just keeps me thinking OBA.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain
looking at that video ... just keeps me thinking OBA.
OBA. On board audio.

Yeah it was a thing few years ago. Traxxas and Associated has it. There was another similar to the Associated unit. Seen few video where it worked. But in person it gets old quick. Never had one. But local store did. They had it on display and would demo it got customers. Kinda cool first few times. But not for long.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Well...it looks like this has been moved back to "Mid-April" per the Traxxas website. When I checked a few weeks ago, they were listing it as "Early March"? Maybe some production related problems?
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Legend

OBA. On board audio.

Yeah it was a thing few years ago. Traxxas and Associated has it. There was another similar to the Associated unit. Seen few video where it worked. But in person it gets old quick. Never had one. But local store did. They had it on display and would demo it got customers. Kinda cool first few times. But not for long.
one area I was thinking OBA would be a benefit coming from a more race oriented perspective is when talking to nitro guys and in general people who watch racing, the sound seems to draw them in. To me at least, that combined with the scale appearance of these vehicles could be pretty cool versus say the lone runner with his OBA.

Heck, with the size of these things, maybe its a possiblity.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Well...it looks like this has been moved back to "Mid-April" per the Traxxas website. When I checked a few weeks ago, they were listing it as "Early March"? Maybe some production related problems?
what traxxas listed before was in stores early march. traxxas still has march 9th as the ship date of the 1st batch(they are demo/display trucks) the 2nd batch should ship 2 weeks after the 1st batch. and traxxas said they won't sell the trucks untill 2 weeks after dealers get their trucks for retail (2nd batch). so nothing has really changed
Old 03-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain
one area I was thinking OBA would be a benefit coming from a more race oriented perspective is when talking to nitro guys and in general people who watch racing, the sound seems to draw them in. To me at least, that combined with the scale appearance of these vehicles could be pretty cool versus say the lone runner with his OBA.

Heck, with the size of these things, maybe its a possiblity.
It’s always possible that it could. Just to me the OBA has been around for few years. And as I can’t say I’ve read of anywhere using OBA as a draw to racing.
The other issue with racing then is tracks being large enuff. I’ve only seen 1/8 racing in video. This looks a bit big for them.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Crazy overkill info video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFhEDGz0ms&t=653s

Looks good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.