Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

hobao hyper VS-E buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slick2500
The 2018 1/8 models all received 4mm shock shafts.
arrma did the right thing. 4mm is the right diameter for regular bashing on buggies.
truggies and monster would definitely need 5mm shaft so that the rod end are beefy enough
Old 01-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

painted the thing quickly because well, bodies don't last long with me !
this body is confusing : someimes it looks good, sometime it doesn't !!

Old 01-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like it nice and simple.
cryptout likes this.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slick2500
I like it nice and simple.
In fact i like this paint shema : i simply put a basic tape on the sides to save some expensive red paint ! also to save some polycarbonate paint, i use regular white paint behind the red colour !

i did the same here :

Old 01-07-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

How does the durability compare to the typhon? I was set on the typhon until I saw a budget build video on this hobao.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eric1977
How does the durability compare to the typhon? I was set on the typhon until I saw a budget build video on this hobao.
sorry i never ran the typhoon. but the typhoon is beefier and heavier. it's more a real basher than the hyper vs e who could definitely be a budget racer.

i started playing around with the hyper VS e ; i got to say that the transmission feels very soft and easy to spin ; the hobao ball bearings run smooth right from the start. so no transmission to break in here.

oils in the shocks and diffs are too soft in my opinion so i might make a change there...

Old 01-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Lookin good ! I'd like to see it on a track before you launch it. a couuple of things Im not to horny about are the two piece shock caps and the Oring seal on the diffs.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I like that body, reminds me of the Jconcepts Hi Flow buggy line... wonder if that fits the MP9 hmm.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bob.less
Lookin good ! I'd like to see it on a track before you launch it. a couuple of things Im not to horny about are the two piece shock caps and the Oring seal on the diffs.
sorry but the only track existing here look like a war zone !
but i made some speed runs in the garden and some first high jumps : i'm not afraid to compair it to the tekno or the mugen for this few moments : the hobao did very well and was fun to drive. i landed a double backflip easily.

about the shocks : i know them very well because i bash them since the begining : those are great shocks : believe me, the 2 pieces shock cap is unbreakable ! but i'm afraid that the new black piston can break ! ( happened on the hyper mt )

about the diffs : oring seal is very good too : the hyper mt use the same diffs too and i had no troubles at all

a propos diffs : the hyper vs e has grease in the center diff ( and probably in the other diffs ) : i changed it for thick 30 000 cps oil ( because i want a thick center diff for my jumps )
Old 01-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I like that body, reminds me of the Jconcepts Hi Flow buggy line... wonder if that fits the MP9 hmm.
i could give you some dimensions if you want. notice that it is a bit in the shape of a triangle. mudguards are not parralel
notice that the left is actually sticking out because it was meant for a nitro exhaust !
Old 01-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by werner sline
sorry but the only track existing here look like a war zone !
but i made some speed runs in the garden and some first high jumps : i'm not afraid to compair it to the tekno or the mugen for this few moments : the hobao did very well and was fun to drive. i landed a double backflip easily.

about the shocks : i know them very well because i bash them since the begining : those are great shocks : believe me, the 2 pieces shock cap is unbreakable ! but i'm afraid that the new black piston can break ! ( happened on the hyper mt )

about the diffs : oring seal is very good too : the hyper mt use the same diffs too and i had no troubles at all

a propos diffs : the hyper vs e has grease in the center diff ( and probably in the other diffs ) : i changed it for thick 30 000 cps oil ( because i want a thick center diff for my jumps )
I think I remember seeing your hyper 9 front arm re-enforcement
Old 01-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bob.less
I think I remember seeing your hyper 9 front arm re-enforcement
yeah that's exact ! the hyper 9e's arms had good plastic but not enough thickness around the hingepin area. but after it was reinforced, those were long lasting good arms !
i tried the same reinforcement with the mugen mbx7r's arms : the mugen's plastic is different and the arms bent quickly !
so i used reinforced Xray arms on the mugen !

on the hyper VSe i'm gonna use them stock. let's see how many punishment they can take ! i took some spares anyway

one of my goal is to compare the hyper VSe's durability to the tekno EB48.3 : the tekno is a tough guy, but i broke parts that upset me : diff outdrives, front shock towers, bent center shaft...
tekno's arms are solid and stiff, but they will have a tremendous play after a few crashes...
but i do take in consideration that the tekno is lighter and meant for racing only
Old 01-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Track test? I wanna see what this thing can do been eyeing this buggy for awhile. May pick one up as a practice buggy or just buy my son one .It looks really good for the price. Hope universal driveshafts come as option parts
Old 01-11-2018, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, what did you use the hold the motor and pinion in the right place?
Old 01-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroB810
Hey, what did you use the hold the motor and pinion in the right place?
ehm, i'm not sure to understand you. what do you mean ?

i used the sliding motor mount and its 2x 3mm screws ( with some loctite ).
i do the spacing between pinion and center diff by letting some spacing between the teeth so that i can slithly move them back and forth...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.