Search
Like Tree8Likes

Comparison of speed old vs. new

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The old RC10's aren't even forgiving for their day. My JRX series cars are so much more forgiving to drive. I'd argue that of the 3 main competitive 2wd cars of the late 80's/ early 90's, being the Ultima, RC10, and JRX, that the RC10 was the most inferior in regards too suspension geometry. The other cars over, the life of their series, had far more changes whereas associated just upgraded little things but kept the fundamentals the same. This made it easier to find a nice setup segue the others were constantly relearning new cars due to all the constant design changes. Associated also had the best drivers. Keep in mind that the 89 and 91 winning Stealth cars weren't just upgraded RC10's. They were entirely new prototype cars. An RC10 did NOT win those finals but Associated did. In 91 Losi had the FAR better car but Kyle Reed couldn't drive consistently against Masami's far inferior 91 Stealth car.
Truth spoken here.

I things changed a lot when Jack Johnson built (and won with) that whacky (at the time..) JRX Pro with the truck/long chassis, long front shocks, and ran it with 6-cells and a low turn motor (10 turn?), instead of the more usual 17t/7 cell at the time.

After that came the molded chassis and the end of the original RC10.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The old RC10's aren't even forgiving for their day. My JRX series cars are so much more forgiving to drive. I'd argue that of the 3 main competitive 2wd cars of the late 80's/ early 90's, being the Ultima, RC10, and JRX, that the RC10 was the most inferior in regards too suspension geometry. The other cars over, the life of their series, had far more changes whereas associated just upgraded little things but kept the fundamentals the same. This made it easier to find a nice setup segue the others were constantly relearning new cars due to all the constant design changes. Associated also had the best drivers. Keep in mind that the 89 and 91 winning Stealth cars weren't just upgraded RC10's. They were entirely new prototype cars. An RC10 did NOT win those finals but Associated did. In 91 Losi had the FAR better car but Kyle Reed couldn't drive consistently against Masami's far inferior 91 Stealth car.
All bow to Roger Curtis= (RC) not remote control. He is our God. https://www.teamassociated.com/news/..._of_Fame_Award. Do not dis the RC10 it is a sin.
stanleyw808 likes this.