1/10 4wd buggy for 2018

Old 09-26-2018, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

schumacher cat l1
rippen and mes like this.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Another vote for the D418. Being the first 4wd kit I've assembled, it wasn't too crazy, and you get a sense of all the adjustability you can play with on the car. While there's not as much aftermarket goodies/bling as an AE, you don't really need IMO. Lots of nice carbon-fiber and aluminum bits come standard. If you look at the sponsored drivers, their cars pretty much look like what you get out of the kit. The thing drives awesome too. A very balanced car with controllable oversteer with the standard setup. Super responsive in the air as well - easy to manipulate. I think they look totally bad-ass too. You'll definitely stand-out from the crowd with the orange aluminum and braced shock towers. Sure, parts/aftermarket are not as abundant to find compared to AE (but who really compares to AE in that sense), but there's direct from HB Racing, Amain, and in Australia we got some good local support in Melbourne. And the thing is a tank!
rippen likes this.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Jaque
Another vote for the D418. Being the first 4wd kit I've assembled, it wasn't too crazy, and you get a sense of all the adjustability you can play with on the car. While there's not as much aftermarket goodies/bling as an AE, you don't really need IMO. Lots of nice carbon-fiber and aluminum bits come standard. If you look at the sponsored drivers, their cars pretty much look like what you get out of the kit. The thing drives awesome too. A very balanced car with controllable oversteer with the standard setup. Super responsive in the air as well - easy to manipulate. I think they look totally bad-ass too. You'll definitely stand-out from the crowd with the orange aluminum and braced shock towers. Sure, parts/aftermarket are not as abundant to find compared to AE (but who really compares to AE in that sense), but there's direct from HB Racing, Amain, and in Australia we got some good local support in Melbourne. And the thing is a tank!
I know we're talking about indoor/clay options, but should anyone come here looking for outdoor recommendations: The HB and TLR cars are by far and away some of the best outdoor dirt buggies I have seen. The TLR kit setup is an absolute dream to drive outdoors, and the HB, when set up properly, is likewise.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Ive driven the D418 indoors drove one out from a guy a race, with on hard packed pure clay it was so stable when driven hard turn in like crazy with the Front sway bar off easyier to drive fast than the D413 stock. But I still drive the D413 for now and outdoors on looser dirt its pretty good shines on it, the stock setup for it with the carbon chassis etc indoors high traction clay its ok but needs tuning for sure can be good on it. Both buggys had mod motors 6.5s turn on them.

The D418 I haven't seen it on a outdoor loose track yet but im sure its good.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Gotta upgrade my 64 any options?