Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Off-road basher tires for 1:10 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Duratrax lockups can get had for under 50 bucks on rims. Will tear through loose dirt, packed dirt etc.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I'll give a shout out to the Proline Dirt Hawgs, My son started to run them on his buggy 4 years ago, and you know what they are still alive and in great shape, can't really vouch for the Buggy, but oh well.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
not to hijack the thread, but I didn't see a reason to start a new one...

How about on good ol' Texas concrete? Asking for a friend.

Im sure anything you use will wear out QUICK, unless its made for street. Duratrax!?!
Duratrax Banditos, no question. They're awesome street tires, and you can get them in C2 or C3 rubber, equivalent to Pro-Line's M3 and M4, to tune the amount of grip front and rear. I have C3's on the rear of my Arrma Raider, and C2's on the front. Works like a charm, even in cold weather.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
Duratrax Banditos, no question. They're awesome street tires, and you can get them in C2 or C3 rubber, equivalent to Pro-Line's M3 and M4, to tune the amount of grip front and rear. I have C3's on the rear of my Arrma Raider, and C2's on the front. Works like a charm, even in cold weather.
that's exactly what I was looking at! Thanks!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Be careful with the C3 Banditos, they can make your buggy traction-roll. Even the C2s can if the pavement is hot.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Great thread, thanks for posting this, taking some notes for the future.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I'll give a shout out to the Proline Dirt Hawgs, My son started to run them on his buggy 4 years ago, and you know what they are still alive and in great shape, can't really vouch for the Buggy, but oh well.
Shame they don't make the fronts anymore
Old 12-14-2017, 08:39 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bash my B5m on a variety of surfaces including tarmac. I was looking for a tire that would last more than 10 packs and am currently running the Dirt Hawgs. I have about 10 packs on them and they are wearing great but...... I think they handle terribly. The foams that come with them seem like they are to small and do not fill the tire resulting in a very soft carcass which leads to some odd handling. I think a lot of this has to do with how much the tire balloons, especially if you unweight the inside tire and it "diffs out". I saw the recommendation for the Ebay tires on another thread and have bought a set but will not see them till after the holidays. I plan on pulling the Dirt Hawgs off and trying those to see how they go. When I put the Dirt Hawgs back on I will tape the tire to see if that helps.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

If you want to make the Dirt Hawgs work better and last longer use open cell 1/10th 2WD Buggy rear liners in the front tires and open cell 1/10th Stadium Truck liners in the rear tires. It will take some effort to compress the liners sufficiently to fit but I find it firms up the tire significantly.

The Dirt Hawgs are too big inside for this but for some other 1/10th buggy rear tires I used the Proline grey molded 1/8th buggy liners in the rear tires. Those liners are actually the same profile as the inside most 1/10th buggy dirt tires. They just need to be compressed a lot lengthwise to fit.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

It's not really the fault of the foams so much as the rubber. Pro-Line's M2 rubber requires a large contact patch to work well. If you want something that will stick better than the Dirt Hawgs without getting shredded in no time, look at Duratrax buggy tires. I can't believe I forgot about them myself.