TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree139Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 12-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Frank,

You mentioned in the unboxing video that it would be hard to update the topshaft to use a 4mm nut (5.5 nut driver) because of the existing parts (slipper plates, spur gears, etc.).

MIP has a version of the TLR topshaft that uses a 4mm nut. I think they get around this problem by trimming down the sides of the shaft so that the slipper plates will go over it. So it looks like an all aluminum version is possible at least:

At least for me personally, this is one of the things I'd like to see changed.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Yes, the bones will pop out when running mismatch diff height and hubs/axle height.
I'm having this problem now. I put in the +3 inserts on the transmission, as well as using the +3mm rear aluminum carriers, but the bones are running at the very edge of the gear diff cups. With the truck lifted up off the ground, I can actually slide them out with a minimal amount of effort. I haven't brought it to the track yet, but I'm fairly certain they will pop out on even small jumps.

Other than the carriers, the only other non-kit part I'm using is the gear diff. I'll check when I get home to see if the drive cups on the gear diff are different than what comes with the ball kit, as that was the only thing I can think of.

Last edited by kaistas; 12-06-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:19 AM
mes
Tech Elite

The manual suggests different amounts of droop limiters depending on whether the shocks are mounted in front of the shock tower or behind it. I'll built my 22T 4.0 the same way, but can't check if this is a common issue. My kit has yet to arrive, be wrapped and unwrapped in about two and a half weeks.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
The manual suggests different amounts of droop limiters depending on whether the shocks are mounted in front of the shock tower or behind it. I'll built my 22T 4.0 the same way, but can't check if this is a common issue. My kit has yet to arrive, be wrapped and unwrapped in about two and a half weeks.
I have my shock length set within .25mm of their recommendation for forward mounted rear shocks. I'm also using the recommended 2 degree anti-squat and 3 degree rear toe as I didn't see anything listed specifically for carpet/turf.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:42 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Strange... Are there various drive shafts for the 22 truck platforms?
Edit: Were the right drive shafts (93.25 mm) included in your kit? There seems to be just enough material on the product pictures of the outdrives to make it work. Too much material on the outdrives and they might bind when the arms move upwards...

Last edited by mes; 12-06-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaistas
I'm having this problem now. I put in the +3 inserts on the transmission, as well as using the +3mm rear aluminum carriers, but the bones are running at the very edge of the gear diff cups. With the truck lifted up off the ground, I can actually slide them out with a minimal amount of effort. I haven't brought it to the track yet, but I'm fairly certain they will pop out on even small jumps.

Other than the carriers, the only other non-kit part I'm using is the gear diff. I'll check when I get home to see if the drive cups on the gear diff are different than what comes with the ball kit, as that was the only thing I can think of.
I'm lost, I really don't know how this is happening to you.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
Strange... Are there various drive shafts for the 22 truck platforms?
Edit: Were the right drive shafts (93.25 mm) included in your kit? There seems to be just enough material on the product pictures of the outdrives to make it work. Too much material on the outdrives and they might bind when the arms move upwards...
I'll check that tonight. I remember numbers printed on the shafts, but I couldn't tell you 100% what they were from memory.

I'll take some pics and post them as well.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you forget to flip the diff inserts when installing the +3 idler inserts and +3hubs?
Old 12-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmitchell
Did you forget to flip the diff inserts when installing the +3 idler inserts and +3hubs?
No. Well, I did at first, but the diff won't mesh with the idler at all when the idler is set at +3, so I noticed that pretty quickly.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Setup sheets

Are there any setups out there or is everyone going with the kit setup?
Old 12-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could always look at the 22t 3.0 setups
Old 12-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

I'll check that tonight. I remember numbers printed on the shafts, but I couldn't tell you 100% what they were from memory.

I'll take some pics and post them as well.

The shafts do say 93.25mm.

Here's some pics. You can see the how close the rod is to the edge of the cup. This is at full extension of the shock. I was able to change the camber just a bit to give it more room, and now I can't manually pull the shafts out of the cup (but it's still reeeeaallly close).

And my rear springs are both still very, very close to the recommended 33.0mm for forward mounted rear shocks.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could you just run some droop limiters
Old 12-07-2017, 08:02 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The shafts do say 93.25mm.

Here's some pics. You can see the how close the rod is to the edge of the cup. This is at full extension of the shock. I was able to change the camber just a bit to give it more room, and now I can't manually pull the shafts out of the cup (but it's still reeeeaallly close).

And my rear springs are both still very, very close to the recommended 33.0mm for forward mounted rear shocks.
Photos of the diff inserts and hubs?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry for the image quality, it's a hard angle to get with a cell phone.

Also, apologies for the mess. I'm also working on my 22 buggy (in the background)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.