Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree112Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 08-12-2021, 11:40 AM
  #586  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: glendora,cali
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tlr 22 5.0 elite made into stadium truck any setups


Setup s for 22 5.0 elite buggy shassy rear hubs , stock 4.0 , 45.0 rear shocks/41.5 front, 13.5 motor any setups ??
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
james v is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 11:51 AM
  #587  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 27
Default

How hard was it?
loganslosi is offline  
Old 08-24-2021, 10:51 AM
  #588  
Tech Adept
 
Mustrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 160
Default

Any chance to see a 22T 5.0 or 6.0 soon?
Mustrum is offline  
Old 08-25-2021, 07:02 PM
  #589  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Mustrum
Any chance to see a 22T 5.0 or 6.0 soon?
Two weeks
thecman26 is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 08:10 AM
  #590  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,805
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mustrum
Any chance to see a 22T 5.0 or 6.0 soon?
No, not in the near future.
Butch Mann and Rcdad42 like this.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 09-04-2021, 12:57 PM
  #591  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,985
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
No, not in the near future.
As much as I don't like the answer, I really appreciate your reply, Frank! Time to stop holding my breath for a new TLR truck, I guess...
Rcdad42 likes this.
mes is offline  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:38 PM
  #592  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,732
Default

Dakotah just TQd and placed 2nd with the truck at the Nats; why would they need a new truck?

I get it, though. I personally would be more inclined to buy a 22T if it meant there were more parts to share between it and my 22 5.0 and it would be nice if it had all the nice features of the 5.0, but at the end of the day, it comes down to whether the amount needed to invest in making that happen would actually result in the sales of more 22Ts, and hence a decent ROI. Im gonna guess that it wouldnt be likely, so Horizon probably wouldnt be likely to make that investment.
TurnNBurn is offline  
Old 09-05-2021, 03:36 AM
  #593  
Tech Adept
 
Mustrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Dakotah just TQd and placed 2nd with the truck at the Nats; why would they need a new truck?

I get it, though. I personally would be more inclined to buy a 22T if it meant there were more parts to share between it and my 22 5.0 and it would be nice if it had all the nice features of the 5.0, but at the end of the day, it comes down to whether the amount needed to invest in making that happen would actually result in the sales of more 22Ts, and hence a decent ROI. Im gonna guess that it wouldnt be likely, so Horizon probably wouldnt be likely to make that investment.
I also fear Horizon Hobby dont want to invest many more money in TLR and in hobby racing, I think they want to become even bigger on bashing and recreative r/c with arma for instance.




Mustrum is offline  
Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 AM
  #594  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,732
Default

Originally Posted by Mustrum
I also fear Horizon Hobby dont want to invest many more money in TLR and in hobby racing, I think they want to become even bigger on bashing and recreative r/c with arma for instance.
That would contradict the effort to formally hire Jr. as a consultant, though. Anyway, I can see their need to be mindful of ROI, especially considering current pressures on the market that recently forced them to drive up prices. Add to the fact that TLR is pretty much the only manufacturer in the category of competition off-road that is backed by a US company. Its likely the difference as to why a company like Associated can make those decisions, when their parent company is also likely their manufacturer, and thus can better manage costs that way.
TurnNBurn is offline  
Old 09-05-2021, 10:34 AM
  #595  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,985
Default

I am not sure if there is a huge difference between ordering the 4.0 style hangers (which they decided not to include in the DC Roller for reasons that seem not to apply to the AC and truck kits IF they are restocking these without any changes) or the Elite ones, but in the end the only thing that matters is if there is a new kit or not. AE stated that introducing the 6.3 did not cost them more than to restock 6.2 kits, but their situation might be different. As Frank Root told us, there would not be a new truck kit anytime soon, the case is closed for me... He did not say anything about a new 2WD, though, so there is something else to hold my breath for! :P
mes is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 11:54 AM
  #596  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 273
Default

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
That would contradict the effort to formally hire Jr. as a consultant, though. Anyway, I can see their need to be mindful of ROI
Based upon converting a 4.0 to use the 5.0 steering, tlr would only have to redo 4 parts. The front tower, the chassis, and the two side guards. The ROI would easily be surpassed by the new interest in the truck, and most of the parts being reused from previous trucks
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 12:33 PM
  #597  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,985
Default

Originally Posted by Rcdad42
Based upon converting a 4.0 to use the 5.0 steering, tlr would only have to redo 4 parts. The front tower, the chassis, and the two side guards. The ROI would easily be surpassed by the new interest in the truck, and most of the parts being reused from previous trucks
I would assume that they prepared the required cad files years ago, but relatively low demand and other projects got in the way. Gil Losi Jr mentioned in a video that he joined forces with the design team in the final stages of the 22X-4, a project that was delayed by some issues. I'd not be surprised if they have made major improvements meanwhile and decided not to beat on a dead horse and start from a blank sheet for all the 2WD platforms. When the DC Roller was released with the Elite suspension parts, it seemed that they had abandoned the brownish parts for good and clearing stocks with an economic car for race beginners... Long story short, I'd not be surprised to see something entirely new before long. If this is the case, it would not make any sense to focus on an updated kit based on a still successful but outdated design if people keep buying the one that is available or can be restocked without a huge effort. Pure speculation on my part, though.
RazorRC likes this.
mes is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 01:54 PM
  #598  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,773
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes
I would assume that they prepared the required cad files years ago, but relatively low demand and other projects got in the way. Gil Losi Jr mentioned in a video that he joined forces with the design team in the final stages of the 22X-4, a project that was delayed by some issues. I'd not be surprised if they have made major improvements meanwhile and decided not to beat on a dead horse and start from a blank sheet for all the 2WD platforms. When the DC Roller was released with the Elite suspension parts, it seemed that they had abandoned the brownish parts for good and clearing stocks with an economic car for race beginners... Long story short, I'd not be surprised to see something entirely new before long. If this is the case, it would not make any sense to focus on an updated kit based on a still successful but outdated design if people keep buying the one that is available or can be restocked without a huge effort. Pure speculation on my part, though.
This seems like a really good guess to me.
RazorRC is offline  
Old 09-14-2021, 09:23 PM
  #599  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by RazorRC
This seems like a really good guess to me.
I'm still hopefully for a vintage release of some kind.
jlett21 is offline  
Old 09-15-2021, 01:47 PM
  #600  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,805
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Dakotah just TQd and placed 2nd with the truck at the Nats; why would they need a new truck?

I get it, though. I personally would be more inclined to buy a 22T if it meant there were more parts to share between it and my 22 5.0 and it would be nice if it had all the nice features of the 5.0, but at the end of the day, it comes down to whether the amount needed to invest in making that happen would actually result in the sales of more 22Ts, and hence a decent ROI. Im gonna guess that it wouldnt be likely, so Horizon probably wouldnt be likely to make that investment.
Truck and SCT sales just aren't what they used to be. 4wd buggies becoming durable, and the 13.5 4wd class emergence has really taken the place as the 2nd class for the vast majority of racers. Truck and SCT sales are not as strong as they used to be. You see it with less frequent releases from us and AE, and even from JC, PL, and AKA on the tire side of things. They aren't going away, but they won't get the same love as buggies unless/until the landscape changes. That's just a reality.

Originally Posted by Mustrum
I also fear Horizon Hobby dont want to invest many more money in TLR and in hobby racing, I think they want to become even bigger on bashing and recreative r/c with arma for instance.
Absolutely 100% not true. TLR isn't going anywhere, we're always working on new stuff. We just tooled new 1/8 vehicles (8X) and the 22X-4 within the last couple of years, and signed a high profile driver (Cav) for multiple years. We also continue to attend all major races with a strong team. That should be more than enough proof that your fears are incorrect, but I'll refute them all day as well.

Originally Posted by mes
I am not sure if there is a huge difference between ordering the 4.0 style hangers (which they decided not to include in the DC Roller for reasons that seem not to apply to the AC and truck kits IF they are restocking these without any changes) or the Elite ones, but in the end the only thing that matters is if there is a new kit or not. AE stated that introducing the 6.3 did not cost them more than to restock 6.2 kits, but their situation might be different. As Frank Root told us, there would not be a new truck kit anytime soon, the case is closed for me... He did not say anything about a new 2WD, though, so there is something else to hold my breath for! :P
Originally Posted by Rcdad42
Based upon converting a 4.0 to use the 5.0 steering, tlr would only have to redo 4 parts. The front tower, the chassis, and the two side guards. The ROI would easily be surpassed by the new interest in the truck, and most of the parts being reused from previous trucks
It's more than those parts alone.

Originally Posted by jlett21
I'm still hopefully for a vintage release of some kind.
We do not still have the molds for any of those "vintage" vehicles, so we'd have to tool them from scratch. That's a tougher proposition.
Frank Root is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.