Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 11-30-2020, 05:04 PM
  #556  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
JPAPA26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

my outer ball cups keep popping too one little tap that’s it. Love the product and the way it drives but I drive it safely cause I know it can pop off anytime. I tried heavy duty and same. Next step is to switch to associate cups I guess ??
JPAPA26 is offline  
Old 11-30-2020, 05:37 PM
  #557  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

If ballcups are popping off, make sure you are using a fresh set and also make sure when the shocks are at full compression/extension that there's no strain on the ballcup (too much of an angle) and also same with front wheels left/right and shocks compressed/extended.
Rcdad42 likes this.
RazorRC is offline  
Old 12-04-2020, 01:38 PM
  #558  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
frankf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi, curious as to changes in the rear arms from 22t to current versions, what length is the rear arm of a 22t 4.0 from pin to pin
frankf is offline  
Old 12-06-2020, 11:56 PM
  #559  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

They are not popping off rather breaking in half..
timberline97 is offline  
Old 12-26-2020, 11:17 AM
  #560  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 117
Default

so i was looking at the TLR website... how does the 22T 4.0 come with a ball diff? Why not a gear diff? Is a ball diff somehow better in a ST? though i dun c how...
Tomoyuki is offline  
Old 12-26-2020, 11:26 AM
  #561  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 286
Default

Most dirt setups use a ball diff, and high traction surfaces get a gear diff. The 22t is based upon the 22 4.0 dc kit, and not the carpet.
Tomoyuki and RCDaddy2105 like this.

Last edited by Rcdad42; 02-22-2021 at 02:29 AM.
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 08:05 AM
  #562  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (40)
 
Butch Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marietta. PA
Posts: 746
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default No updates?

So the 22T 4.0 is available again at Horizon after being backordered for months. I thought for sure we'd see an updated truck to the 5.0 front end.
I'm guessing it's not in the plans for now then. Any comment from the TLR guys?
Butch Mann is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 11:30 AM
  #563  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 934
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timberline97
They are not popping off rather breaking in half..
I use Schumacher captured ball cups on my 5.0 and 22x-4. I use them on all the camber links. There is pros and cons. Obviously the ball cups don't pop off. So something else is going to give. If you crash more than a couple times a night, othose are not for you. You'll lose an arm or caster block or something more serious than a popped cup. Once you pop a cup, its useless.
But personally, I dont use TLR ballstuds or cups on either of my buggies. Im probably in the minority but I've not had good luck at all with tlr ball cups. Where I dont use the Schumacher cups, I use AE ballstuds and cups.
Funkydrummer1 is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 07:27 PM
  #564  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by Butch Mann
So the 22T 4.0 is available again at Horizon after being backordered for months. I thought for sure we'd see an updated truck to the 5.0 front end.
I'm guessing it's not in the plans for now then. Any comment from the TLR guys?
I think the last anyone has heard was back in July, and that was a no new truck.

In other segments, what motors are people running in their trucks for high bite clay?
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 03-01-2021, 01:59 PM
  #565  
Tech Adept
 
RCDaddy2105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by Rcdad42
I think the last anyone has heard was back in July, and that was a no new truck.

In other segments, what motors are people running in their trucks for high bite clay?
hard to beat the trinity x-factor for high bite. Bought a Fantom for my 4WD buggy and love it too.
Rcdad42 likes this.
RCDaddy2105 is offline  
Old 03-01-2021, 03:02 PM
  #566  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by timberline97
They are not popping off rather breaking in half..
used to have the same problem with Schumacher ball studs and the caps

I used to use the captive ball studs for the worst offenders which where the roll links. Remember you need the special spacer too.

however one assistance was adding a shock o ring onto the ball stud before putting the cap on. It prevents the leverage occurring too much. Works surprisingly well.

In addition - as we know this is a weak point - never pop them off. Only use the Allen key to undo the caps and if you do undo them, replace them straight away.

ball studs that stay put - xray 24/7.
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
mr_tim is offline  
Old 03-01-2021, 03:20 PM
  #567  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
Default Nice ride

My buddy has the 4.0 and he loves it.
beaure is offline  
Old 03-01-2021, 04:03 PM
  #568  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 644
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr_tim
used to have the same problem with Schumacher ball studs and the caps

I used to use the captive ball studs for the worst offenders which where the roll links. Remember you need the special spacer too.

however one assistance was adding a shock o ring onto the ball stud before putting the cap on. It prevents the leverage occurring too much. Works surprisingly well.

In addition - as we know this is a weak point - never pop them off. Only use the Allen key to undo the caps and if you do undo them, replace them straight away.

ball studs that stay put - xray 24/7.
Speaking of XRAY, while I've greatly enjoyed my 22 to 5.0 SR, as our local track switched from clay to carpet, instead of converting the 22 to 5.0 SR, I decided to pick up an XRAY XB2C. FANTASTIC build...and, I get what you mean about the ballcups. For my 22T 4.0, I need to decide whether to convert it for carpet, or possibly pick up the XRAY XT2. While TLR "knows" dirt/clay, XRAY "knows" carpet. If I decide to keep/convert the 22T to 4.0, I just might consider swapping out the TLR ballcups for XRAY ballcups. Do the XRAY ballcups click into the TLR ball studs? Or, would I need also to replace the TLR ball studs with XRAY ball studs?
Panther6834 is offline  
Old 03-02-2021, 05:13 AM
  #569  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by Panther6834
Do the XRAY ballcups click into the TLR ball studs? Or, would I need also to replace the TLR ball studs with XRAY ball studs?
Schumacher is smaller ball stud so you need to swap all manner of stuff. Would get expensive.
mr_tim is offline  
Old 03-02-2021, 09:40 AM
  #570  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 644
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr_tim
Schumacher is smaller ball stud so you need to swap all manner of stuff. Would get expensive.
Except that the question was purely related to XRAY parts going onto the 22T 4.0...not Schumacher parts.
Panther6834 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.