Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree120Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 08-12-2020, 04:55 PM
  #541  
Tech Adept
 
RCDaddy2105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 105
Default

So I just picked up this kit and got it built. Nice build, very good quality which is to be expected from TLR. Not really liking the trap door battery tray. Is anyone running a different battery hold down setup? Something more like the 5.0 buggy?
RCDaddy2105 is offline  
Old 08-23-2020, 04:06 PM
  #542  
Tech Adept
 
RCDaddy2105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 105
Default



RCDaddy2105 is offline  
Old 08-27-2020, 05:44 PM
  #543  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Default Tlr 22t 4.0 anti roll bars

I'm trying to install the front anti roll bar. I've combed the manual and clearly I'm missing and/or over looking something here. Im guessing I'm going to run into a similar situation when I try and install rear anti roll bars. I bought this used and am converting it to carpet (it's popular in my area). Can some help correct my ignorance please?
Saareon is offline  
Old 08-27-2020, 05:54 PM
  #544  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Default Tlr 22t 4.0 anti roll bars

I can't post an image. Basically I'm missing something to secure the anti roll bar into.
Saareon is offline  
Old 08-27-2020, 05:58 PM
  #545  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,828
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

It doesn't come with front swaybars, I think you have to buy a different camber block with the swaybar mount built in. There's a guy on amain who bought this and used it on a T4.0 --

https://bit.ly/2FZtHQl
RazorRC is offline  
Old 10-18-2020, 06:16 PM
  #546  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 126
Default

Any news/rumors on an updated stadium truck soon?
Phugazi is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 06:12 AM
  #547  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 282
Default

Based upon the last live feed with frank, I'd put the 22 5.0 ac getting an elite, or the 22sct getting a revamp.
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 10-20-2020, 01:41 PM
  #548  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by RCDaddy2105
So I just picked up this kit and got it built. Nice build, very good quality which is to be expected from TLR. Not really liking the trap door battery tray. Is anyone running a different battery hold down setup? Something more like the 5.0 buggy?
I am finally finishing mine up, and I'm not crazy about the battery door either. I have an lcg lipo so I'm not even sure it will fit correctly without some foam to keep the battery snug. I was thinking about trying some industrial strength Velcro, which I use on my guitar effects pedals. It's fairly strong stuff. Did you find another solution yet?
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
StadiumRC is offline  
Old 10-20-2020, 01:49 PM
  #549  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by Phugazi
Any news/rumors on an updated stadium truck soon?
The last time I heard anything the word was "no new truck anytime soon". This was within the last few months. I think we will see the debut of the 22X before we see any new trucks. I think we will get the 22X later this year or in January 2021, then maybe updates to the truck platforms (22T 5.0, 22SCT 5.0). Although the current SCT seems to be experiencing a resurgence in the drag racing circles.
Rcdad42 likes this.
StadiumRC is offline  
Old 10-21-2020, 04:21 AM
  #550  
Tech Adept
 
RCDaddy2105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I am finally finishing mine up, and I'm not crazy about the battery door either. I have an lcg lipo so I'm not even sure it will fit correctly without some foam to keep the battery snug. I was thinking about trying some industrial strength Velcro, which I use on my guitar effects pedals. It's fairly strong stuff. Did you find another solution yet?
Decided just to stick with the kit setup, it works as it should, just not really a fan of the hinged door design Iíve become so used to the 22 5.0 and 22x4 rubber straps and like it much more.
RCDaddy2105 is offline  
Old 10-22-2020, 09:30 AM
  #551  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by RCDaddy2105
Decided just to stick with the kit setup, it works as it should, just not really a fan of the hinged door design Iíve become so used to the 22 5.0 and 22x4 rubber straps and like it much more.
Good deal. I guess the hinged door really isnít a bad design - I just like clean ďopenĒ look of the 5.0. My son has a 5.0 and the rubber straps are nice for sure. I had to order a new sensor cable and hope to finish installing my electronics in next few days.
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
StadiumRC is offline  
Old 10-23-2020, 01:04 AM
  #552  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 282
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
The last time I heard anything the word was "no new truck anytime soon". This was within the last few months. I think we will see the debut of the 22X before we see any new trucks. I think we will get the 22X later this year or in January 2021, then maybe updates to the truck platforms (22T 5.0, 22SCT 5.0). Although the current SCT seems to be experiencing a resurgence in the drag racing circles.
the last time Frank Root was on the tlr live stream, he was asked which vehicle he would choose to work on next, and his answer was the sct since it was the oldest. But the 22 5.0 ac could get a refresh with the things they had leaned. So I'd put the 22t at the bottom of the barrel for tlr's priorities. The sct makes more sense given the popularity of drag racing imo.
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 10-24-2020, 11:39 PM
  #553  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,763
Default

FWIW, from what Iíve seen of the videos coming from Masters of Dirt so far, Dakotahís doing jjust fine with the T 4.0...
Rcdad42 likes this.
TurnNBurn is offline  
Old 11-13-2020, 12:42 PM
  #554  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 282
Default

I wonder how many more people would pick this truck up with the easy access diff?
kjohnsiii likes this.
Rcdad42 is offline  
Old 11-30-2020, 09:09 AM
  #555  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know of a better replacement for the front outer ball ends? My son is running a 22T in the 2wd open truck class at our track and keeps snapping the ball ends. TIA.
timberline97 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.