Old 05-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tool wise you can't go wrong with MIP
sleddriver likes this.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I just picked up a 22t 4.0 I was wondering is there a aluminum stering bellcrank system for this besides the stock one. I remember when I had a 22 buggy some years ago exotek made one and I see tlr made one but do these still work for the 22t 4.0?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wileycat
I just picked up a 22t 4.0 I was wondering is there a aluminum stering bellcrank system for this besides the stock one. I remember when I had a 22 buggy some years ago exotek made one and I see tlr made one but do these still work for the 22t 4.0?
The 22 4.0 buggy one drops right in.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

For loose loamy dirt is the rear shocks better mounted to the rear arms for better traction?
Old 05-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for going to the trouble of compiling that info. Yeah, lol, those are the nut drivers they said they donít carry. Some are on back order but at least they have them.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Having trouble finding in the search, does the 5.0 G2 gear diff work in the 22T? Not seeing the old gear diff in stock.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I took a shot and ordered the G2 gear diff for my 22T 4.0 as i can't keep my Serpent aluminium together anymore. Should have it in by mon. The ball diff's work between the 5.0 & the T4.0 so i went with it. I was under the impression they had the same trans cases too.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dswear22
I took a shot and ordered the G2 gear diff for my 22T 4.0 as i can't keep my Serpent aluminium together anymore. Should have it in by mon. The ball diff's work between the 5.0 & the T4.0 so i went with it. I was under the impression they had the same trans cases too.
You could check the parts list to be sure, but I'm pretty sure you are correct, so it should work.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Overheating

My 22T 4.0 is running hot at the motor, 13.5 fantom 18/78 gearing, my assumption is My gearing is wrong. Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-14-2020, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, my kids and I are building a home track to run on and I need to build myself a truck. I have read through this thread and it seems that I can pretty much build the truck straight out of the box without any issues, correct?

Does the stock plastic steering rack hold up pretty well? So far the only real ďextrasĒ Iím planning on getting are the standup gear box (loose dirt here) and an aluminum servo horn. For those that actively run the truck, are your front plastic hubs holding up well or are the aluminum hubs necessary?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2020, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

This thread seems to be dead so I will give it a nudge.....I went ahead and purchased a 22T 4.0 and also purchased the standup gearbox for it. Not going to do any crazy upgrades this time, just building it out of the box and adding the standup gearbox. I did consider some other options (Xray, Yokomo, Associated) but I have been happy with the quality of the TLR kits (my last one was a 22 3.0). My son is finishing up a 22 5.0 and has been happy with it. I realize a new truck will be coming at some point (probably sooner than later) but Iím good with that and will gladly run a 4.0.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:30 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
This thread seems to be dead so I will give it a nudge.....I went ahead and purchased a 22T 4.0 and also purchased the standup gearbox for it. Not going to do any crazy upgrades this time, just building it out of the box and adding the standup gearbox. I did consider some other options (Xray, Yokomo, Associated) but I have been happy with the quality of the TLR kits (my last one was a 22 3.0). My son is finishing up a 22 5.0 and has been happy with it. I realize a new truck will be coming at some point (probably sooner than later) but Iím good with that and will gladly run a 4.0.
The question about a new TLR stadium truck has been raised repeatedly during their Facebook live videos. I stopped following them because Horizon on both sides of the pond seems to be unwilling to improve the 1/10th scale situation in Europe. When I last tuned in, they said there would be a new ST at some point but probably not this year. I'd assume there will be an updated buggy first to finally give TLR drivers easy diff access.
Congrats on your 4.0 truck, though! I liked mine a lot, just not the non-existent support in Germany when I bought it some years ago. When I last considered to buy another one, they didn't even have it on the website anymore...
Old 08-05-2020, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Steering/Servo Issue

I started building my 4.0 and have an issue with my servo and steering rack. Specifically, the servo horn hits the 32mm steering link when the rack moves to the right (wheels turn left) and it appears that travel is limited in that direction. I am using a Spektrum 6240 servo and an aluminum TLR servo horn. Everything is built according to the manual. I do not have the arms or steering turnbuckles built yet, so I guess it's possible the truck could achieve full lock before the servo horn and steering link rub - but it just doesn't look right to me. I am using the 2mm + .5mm spacers recommended by the manual. Is this normal? I don't remember having this issue when building my 22 3.0, but it's been a while. I did order some TLR aluminum servo mounts and was going to try mounting the servo on the backside with the ball stud on the servo horn flipped. It just drives me nuts that I can't get the stock setup to work right. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
The question about a new TLR stadium truck has been raised repeatedly during their Facebook live videos. I stopped following them because Horizon on both sides of the pond seems to be unwilling to improve the 1/10th scale situation in Europe. When I last tuned in, they said there would be a new ST at some point but probably not this year. I'd assume there will be an updated buggy first to finally give TLR drivers easy diff access.
Congrats on your 4.0 truck, though! I liked mine a lot, just not the non-existent support in Germany when I bought it some years ago. When I last considered to buy another one, they didn't even have it on the website anymore...
It seems like Xray is taking out Losi over on that side of the pond. Every year, I'm seeing less Losis in the A-main World's races and more Xrays and Serpents. Kinda like Kyosho in the US. Losi is still one of the bigger brands in the US and Kyosho is dying out. In Germany and Europe, Kyosho is big and Losi is dying out. I could be all wrong. That's my personal observation.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, Horizon has not done well distributing in the EU.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.