TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 02-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default body strength

Is there anything special I can do to make my truck body last longer? I know sct guys were using rhino lining from a spray can at some point but I always thought it would be too heavy. I know not crashing would work too but I'm still learning. Lol
Old 02-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dswear22
Is there anything special I can do to make my truck body last longer? I know sct guys were using rhino lining from a spray can at some point but I always thought it would be too heavy. I know not crashing would work too but I'm still learning. Lol
Theres companies that sell body repair tape that can help.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Most of the body damage is from the wing ripping the rear of the body apart. You can either rig a thinner wing like a jconcepts one to mount onto the stock body, or cut the stock wing to make it a bit more flexible. Its a bit of an oversight, but the wing is far more rigid than any part of the body. Many have tried using 2 holes with the stock wing and the end result was still the same. Well worth it as I personally feel that the 4.0 body is the best looking truck body out there...(lol f2 body is just absurdly ugly)
Old 02-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used shoegoo to attach the wing to the body along with the included hardware. I also added some to the inside to reinforce the corners where breakage happens. It worked well for me.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Easyhoon
Most of the body damage is from the wing ripping the rear of the body apart. You can either rig a thinner wing like a jconcepts one to mount onto the stock body, or cut the stock wing to make it a bit more flexible. Its a bit of an oversight, but the wing is far more rigid than any part of the body. Many have tried using 2 holes with the stock wing and the end result was still the same. Well worth it as I personally feel that the 4.0 body is the best looking truck body out there...(lol f2 body is just absurdly ugly)
Jconcepts to my knowledge does not have the f2 body for the 22T 4.0 but they do have what I think is the best performing body and best looking for the 22T 4.0 which would be the original Finnisher body. I have been using it and feel it is a definite upgrade and the wing is not as abusive on the body.
link: https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finni...-40-truck-body
Old 02-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eli
Jconcepts to my knowledge does not have the f2 body for the 22T 4.0 but they do have what I think is the best performing body and best looking for the 22T 4.0 which would be the original Finnisher body. I have been using it and feel it is a definite upgrade and the wing is not as abusive on the body.
link:
100%. The finnisher looks fantastic on the 22t 4.0 and is very durable. I love the looks of the stock body as well, but I will agree that I feel the car feels more planted with the jcon body. Lets hope and pray that an F2 body never finds a 22t...... Absolutely one of my favorite buys for the 4.0.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have a list of part numbers for the AE springs people are running on this truck? I thought i ordered the correct ones but the AE rear truck springs I ordered seem way too long.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:41 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Easyhoon
100%. The finnisher looks fantastic on the 22t 4.0 and is very durable. I love the looks of the stock body as well, but I will agree that I feel the car feels more planted with the jcon body. Lets hope and pray that an F2 body never finds a 22t...... Absolutely one of my favorite buys for the 4.0.
As a YZ-2T driver I have to agree on the looks of the F2, but unfortunately it is hands down the best handling body for tight (carpet) tracks. This is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to the outdoor season, when I am going to switch to the T6.1 Proline Enforcer or whatever nice looking body JConcepts comes up with in the meantime.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Oaken81
Does anyone have a list of part numbers for the AE springs people are running on this truck? I thought i ordered the correct ones but the AE rear truck springs I ordered seem way too long.

That's most likely the harder end of the V2 line of springs. We are using 91836 orange (5.1 ib/in) fronts and 91841 yellow (2.4 ib/in) rears on our Yokomo trucks on carpet. IIRC JP Richards mentioned the US guys use the 91839 gray rears (2.0 ib/in) on dirt in the JConcepts INS9 interview, maybe you want to check it out to be sure.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oaken81

You're looking for the V2 springs. They aren't labeled V2, but they do have the length in mm added to the description.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

I must have missed it somewhere but could someone explain the vla front end and what the 2 settings are for? Thx.

Also i ran a pack this past weekend on carpet and was much better with the truck than with my b6, but didn't race it. Just tried to get a feel for it. Stiffer springs and i'll race it instead and may even switch the electronics over.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I must have missed it somewhere but could someone explain the vla front end and what the 2 settings are for? Thx.

Also i ran a pack this past weekend on carpet and was much better with the truck than with my b6, but didn't race it. Just tried to get a feel for it. Stiffer springs and i'll race it instead and may even switch the electronics over.
It explains VLA in the manual.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RazorRC
It explains VLA in the manual.
Not surprised i missed it, tried to find it in the book between rounds yesterday but it was one of those days i should have stayed home. Almost threw my buggy in the dumpster...Thx will look better tonight.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:28 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Not surprised i missed it, tried to find it in the book between rounds yesterday but it was one of those days i should have stayed home. Almost threw my buggy in the dumpster...Thx will look better tonight.
We all have those days. It isn't anything in particular, the tires, the car, the tracks, etc. It just wasn't meant to be. Just chalk it off, and have fun next time
Anthony.L and czrlaker like this.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Any help is appreciated the pin on the driveshaft sits too much on the edge of the out drive on one side. any idea why

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.