Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree52Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Reply

Old 11-24-2018, 11:53 AM
  #346  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ollie 45 View Post
Thinking about making the switch from AE, who has done it, pros vs cons t6 or 22t?
I own both the 22T 4.0 and the T6.1.

ollie 45 likes this.
RazorRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:51 AM
  #347  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 137
Default

Hey Frank.
Would you be so kind and post your and maybe Reno's setup from IOCC?
Did you flip the bell cranks and used the 234007 spindles, too?
Thanks!
M.Boos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:24 PM
  #348  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,585
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M.Boos View Post
Hey Frank.
Would you be so kind and post your and maybe Reno's setup from IOCC?
Did you flip the bell cranks and used the 234007 spindles, too?
Thanks!
We will post the setup later this week, or next week.
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:09 AM
  #349  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 137
Default

Thanks!
Do I need the rear sway bar from the 3.0 SCT or from the 4.0 Buggy?
Running laydown gear box...
Thanks!
M.Boos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:01 AM
  #350  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,585
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M.Boos View Post
Thanks!
Do I need the rear sway bar from the 3.0 SCT or from the 4.0 Buggy?
Running laydown gear box...
Thanks!
4.0 buggy.
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 AM
  #351  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
We will post the setup later this week, or next week.
Looking at the latest carpet setup for the 4.0T...so there is no need to flip the bell cranks and the 234007 spindles?
M.Boos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:28 AM
  #352  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,585
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M.Boos View Post
Looking at the latest carpet setup for the 4.0T...so there is no need to flip the bell cranks and the 234007 spindles?
The TLR234007 spindles won't fit on the 22T 4.0.
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM
  #353  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default 22T 4.0 Body Cracking

I received the body with this truck I purchased. Is this pretty normal for it to crack in the rear end like this (both sides cracked the same)? I know, don't crash, but that's not going to stop happening. Is reinforcing that area the only choice to help prevent it from cracking? Does someone make a better body?


Thanks for any help.


slider3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:15 PM
  #354  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
rayzcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slider3 View Post
I received the body with this truck I purchased. Is this pretty normal for it to crack in the rear end like this (both sides cracked the same)? I know, don't crash, but that's not going to stop happening. Is reinforcing that area the only choice to help prevent it from cracking? Does someone make a better body?


Thanks for any help.


“Better” is too subjective to answer but I’ve had most of my 3.0/4.0 T bodies eventually crack in that area. Yes, you can reinforce (fiber mesh with shoe goo, gorilla tape, zipties and others) to get more use out of the body before you have to trash it but of course it will add weight, higher up and in the rear. Using without the wing might cause less damage but just will have to make sure it doesn’t negatively affect setup/driving for your track. Alternatively, can always cut off the back and go truggy style with a buggy wing and mount (re-purposed one of my broken 22T 4.0 bodies to use on my 1/10 truggy).
rayzcar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM
  #355  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by jmitchell View Post
Anyone have a decent carpet/turf setup they want to share?

As used in the Frank Root buggy setup, does it make sense to to the bellcrank flip and the 2.0 spindles? I'm a little hesitant to put the 2.0 spindles in because they have 4mm of trail and I've had issues with the front wheels rubbing the a-arm at/near full steering.
I have the same problem with the wheels rubbing the front arm at/near full steering...what did you do to prevent this ? Running trail 3mm and Ackermannarm #3.
M.Boos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:31 AM
  #356  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 147
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M.Boos View Post
I have the same problem with the wheels rubbing the front arm at/near full steering...what did you do to prevent this ? Running trail 3mm and Ackermannarm #3.
I run 3mm of trail, trimmed the a-arm where it rubs, as well as the inside of the wheel where it rubs. It clears good enough now.
jmitchell is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service