Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 10-29-2018, 08:09 AM
  #331  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

ball cups I have been having some issues with them popping off is there anything that I can do to take care of this thanks
Denez is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:54 AM
  #332  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,811
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dirtryder219
What is everybody doing for chassis protectors? Havenít found a 22T 4.0 specific one yet...
We have one coming.

Originally Posted by Denez
ball cups I have been having some issues with them popping off is there anything that I can do to take care of this thanks
Which ball cups are popping off specifically? Maybe a photo?
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 05:27 PM
  #333  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We have one coming.



Which ball cups are popping off specifically? Maybe a photo?
they are the inside rear on the 22 4.0 buggy sorry

Denez is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 05:40 PM
  #334  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,811
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Denez
they are the inside rear on the 22 4.0 buggy sorry
Which ball cups? We have been running the TLR6017 ball cups without holes, they seem to hold up the best.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM
  #335  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

will they fit the 22 4.0 buggy ball studs
Denez is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:31 PM
  #336  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,811
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Denez
will they fit the 22 4.0 buggy ball studs
Yes.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 07:49 AM
  #337  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks Frank for your help I will order today .

Denez is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:08 PM
  #338  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (34)
 
czrlaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I'm fairly new to stadium truck. Rocking this 4.0 and have been am happy I went with this rig. It's definitely impressed me. My wonders are the wing. So I broke the stock one off quickly and have been running it without it ever since, probably saves the body by not running it. Im wondering if I am missing much by not running a wing. I run 13.5 not many crazy jumps. Just curious Thanks.
czrlaker is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:37 AM
  #339  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,811
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by czrlaker
I'm fairly new to stadium truck. Rocking this 4.0 and have been am happy I went with this rig. It's definitely impressed me. My wonders are the wing. So I broke the stock one off quickly and have been running it without it ever since, probably saves the body by not running it. Im wondering if I am missing much by not running a wing. I run 13.5 not many crazy jumps. Just curious Thanks.
Yes, the wing makes a huge difference. Team Losi Racing
Frank Root is offline  
Old 11-10-2018, 03:00 PM
  #340  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (117)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 534
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default Chassis Protector

Originally Posted by jonski
Does TLR sell a chassis protector for this truck? Seems like I can only find one for the 22T 3.0

I purchase two from Mattox Design. One for my 22 4.0 and 22t 4.0 and a they fit and hold up great. For $10 you can go wrong. Go with the 18 mil.
slider3 is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 04:42 AM
  #341  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by czrlaker
I'm fairly new to stadium truck. Rocking this 4.0 and have been am happy I went with this rig. It's definitely impressed me. My wonders are the wing. So I broke the stock one off quickly and have been running it without it ever since, probably saves the body by not running it. Im wondering if I am missing much by not running a wing. I run 13.5 not many crazy jumps. Just curious Thanks.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I never run a wing. Even on the large outdoor track I run in the summer I don't run one. On smaller tracks the only thing they are good for is breaking off lol.
nitrousdave is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 10:25 AM
  #342  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (34)
 
czrlaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrousdave
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I never run a wing. Even on the large outdoor track I run in the summer I don't run one. On smaller tracks the only thing they are good for is breaking off lol.
Breaking the rear of the body for sure. I don't run it (rear mounting area of the car broke off) it really is unpredictable in the air. I'm guessing it's because of what Frank said, that it makes a difference
czrlaker is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM
  #343  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I didn't have a problem breaking the body, just the wing. Missing part of the rear body could be your problem more so than the wing? Also, maybe you need a little more time getting used to the truck? In the end though, if you put one back on and it improves your times, then by all means run one.
nitrousdave is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 PM
  #344  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (34)
 
czrlaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrousdave
I didn't have a problem breaking the body, just the wing. Missing part of the rear body could be your problem more so than the wing? Also, maybe you need a little more time getting used to the truck? In the end though, if you put one back on and it improves your times, then by all means run one.
Actually i am doing really well with this truck. Podium every race in a series I am currently running, This was a used truck when I bought it, the rear was already broken, previous owner said he kept landing on the wing. I have a new body just saving it for Top Gun race. Then I guess I'll know the difference.
czrlaker is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 07:04 AM
  #345  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just use a ton of shoegoe to keep the rear of the body and wing from breaking off. It will reinforce the joint between the two and also help reinforce the body from breaking.
jmitchell is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.