Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 03-21-2018, 10:48 AM
  #256  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RazorRC
I'm running AE truck springs (54/72mm).
D'oh, sorry just checked, I'm running AE truck green up front and TLR yellow in the rear.
RazorRC is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:55 AM
  #257  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RazorRC
D'oh, sorry just checked, I'm running AE truck green up front and TLR yellow in the rear.
which surface, clay? I am trying to dial this thing in for carpet. was thinking about going to stiffer springs and a slightly heavier fluid than stock. thoughts?
prodigyweb is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 AM
  #258  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prodigyweb
which surface, clay? I am trying to dial this thing in for carpet. was thinking about going to stiffer springs and a slightly heavier fluid than stock. thoughts?
Carpet for buggies sees thinner oil and stiffer springs, so I'd try to work in that direction.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 AM
  #259  
mes
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,048
Default

Originally Posted by prodigyweb
which surface, clay? I am trying to dial this thing in for carpet. was thinking about going to stiffer springs and a slightly heavier fluid than stock. thoughts?
I was quite happy with 550 oil up front/kit rear, f purple/r black Racing Performer springs, and a rear sway bar on a quite smooth carpet track. With some naughty bumps in it, thinner oil and a front sway bar would be a better option for sure. The springs are not as stiff as e.g. the purple and black Yokomo X-Springs, but have carpet specific characteristics, which keeps the car or truck from bouncing excessively after jumps.
mes is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM
  #260  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (41)
 
corn_bread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Plano Texas
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes
I only ran mine once on EOS carpet, and I was able to hunt down the buggies. JConcepts tires, HRC front and rear, high diff and hub carriers, brass below the servo, electronics, 80g below the battery. Racing Performer purple/black springs, 550 oil in the front shocks, planetary diff with 15,000 Yokomo oil, and IIRC a light to medium rear sway bar to tune in on-power steering. I think that's about it, sold the truck meanwhile due to a lack of time.
will give this a try. going to use the stock springs first to see

thank you
corn_bread is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 PM
  #261  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes
I was quite happy with 550 oil up front/kit rear, f purple/r black Racing Performer springs, and a rear sway bar on a quite smooth carpet track. With some naughty bumps in it, thinner oil and a front sway bar would be a better option for sure. The springs are not as stiff as e.g. the purple and black Yokomo X-Springs, but have carpet specific characteristics, which keeps the car or truck from bouncing excessively after jumps.
Amazing! Will try. Do you know what losi sway bar kit work for front and rear. Is it the buggy sets?
prodigyweb is offline  
Old 03-25-2018, 02:57 PM
  #262  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
socalcloin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SD County
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Front shock tower broke

Does anyone make a stronger front shock tower for this truck?

Any stock ones I see online are back ordered so I take it this is a common failure point.

I just got one of these and either from some hard front hits I did, or my pops did before he sent it to me the front shock tower broke.

I was at a track for the first time in 10+ years and I miss judged the landings a few times. I didn't even really notice as I ran for awhile after without crashing and it was still driving fine haha.

It's great to be back in it and thank you for any help.
socalcloin is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 06:47 AM
  #263  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
kaistas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socalcloin
Does anyone make a stronger front shock tower for this truck?

Any stock ones I see online are back ordered so I take it this is a common failure point.

I just got one of these and either from some hard front hits I did, or my pops did before he sent it to me the front shock tower broke.

I was at a track for the first time in 10+ years and I miss judged the landings a few times. I didn't even really notice as I ran for awhile after without crashing and it was still driving fine haha.

It's great to be back in it and thank you for any help.
The original receiver that I installed in my truck was glitchy, which caused me to miss turns and slam in to some concrete walls. My local track also has a set of triples that I sometimes judge badly and end up slamming down onto the turf. I've blown out most of the front end parts (caster blocks, bulkheads, stripped screws from the arms), but the shocks and shock towers have been very solid.
socalcloin likes this.
kaistas is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 09:15 AM
  #264  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
socalcloin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SD County
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaistas
The original receiver that I installed in my truck was glitchy, which caused me to miss turns and slam in to some concrete walls. My local track also has a set of triples that I sometimes judge badly and end up slamming down onto the turf. I've blown out most of the front end parts (caster blocks, bulkheads, stripped screws from the arms), but the shocks and shock towers have been very solid.
Yeah - maybe just random. I find it odd though that every where I look the front Shock Tower is sold out for the 22t 4.0. I called my local track/shop SDRC and they have 1 front and a bunch of rears, so for sure there is a trend.

I am fine with the stock one if I can get my hands on it, but normally my process is if I break a part I try to replace it with something stronger if I can.

Edit - I found some on ebay both stock and Jconcepts carbon fiber version. Also I love the truck it is great to drive, It was setup for carpet but worked great on the clay even with worn out bald tires.

Last edited by socalcloin; 03-26-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: More info
socalcloin is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 02:16 PM
  #265  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prodigyweb
Amazing! Will try. Do you know what losi sway bar kit work for front and rear. Is it the buggy sets?
You want the SCT front set, and the 22 4.0 rear set.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 04:12 PM
  #266  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,422
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Correct me if Iím wrong. Isnít the front shock tower from the original 22t to the 4.0 the same?
socalcloin likes this.
tony montana is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 08:32 AM
  #267  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana
Correct me if Iím wrong. Isnít the front shock tower from the original 22t to the 4.0 the same?
Yes, they're the same. The truck and 2wd buggy have had the same front shock towers since the start of the 22 platform.
socalcloin likes this.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM
  #268  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
socalcloin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SD County
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Yes, they're the same. The truck and 2wd buggy have had the same front shock towers since the start of the 22 platform.
That is good news. I was able to find a stock one and a J concepts, but I got confused because after checking the manuals for the 1.0-4.0 and seeing the same part number, J concepts got back to me and said their front shock tower for the 22t was for the older truck (22t original) and is discontinued. Not sure what they were looking at?

So this also means the roller 22t 2.0 I also got (and yet to rebuild) has the same shock tower. I could have just pulled it off that to get going again haha. Oh well. Now I have plenty of spares

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Edit - Update - J Concepts rep got back to me again, apoligized and said his info was incorrect and that it should fit fine.

Last edited by socalcloin; 03-27-2018 at 12:09 PM.
socalcloin is offline  
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 PM
  #269  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (41)
 
corn_bread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Plano Texas
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys I got my truck on the black carpet. It wants to lift the inside rear wheel and traction roll. I have installed the hrs front aluminum piviot and hrs rear pivots. Front shocks are 35wt associated oil and rear are stock 32.5. Stock springs. Gear diff and +3mm hubs and diff location. Shock location is stock. Has rear roll bar second from stiffest. Everything else is box setup. I am at whits end on getting it to corner flat and hard without traction rolling. Need help please. Have glue on front side walls
corn_bread is offline  
Old 03-30-2018, 11:52 PM
  #270  
mes
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,048
Default

Originally Posted by corn_bread
Ok guys I got my truck on the black carpet. It wants to lift the inside rear wheel and traction roll. I have installed the hrs front aluminum piviot and hrs rear pivots. Front shocks are 35wt associated oil and rear are stock 32.5. Stock springs. Gear diff and +3mm hubs and diff location. Shock location is stock. Has rear roll bar second from stiffest. Everything else is box setup. I am at whits end on getting it to corner flat and hard without traction rolling. Need help please. Have glue on front side walls
When your inner rear wheel lifts up, you'll have to reduce roll on the front. On a smooth track the easiest woul be to thicken up your oil and use stiffer springs. Using a front ARB is also an option, but I prefer to use ARBs for fine-tuning only.
mes is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.