Like Tree139Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 01-25-2018, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
this is company, that can easily grab 400$ from me, lol,

TLR 22 4.0 2WD Cut Gears - RC Speed Secrets

cut diff gears? seeing this alot, does this mean holes indifferent to lighten, or are the back cutting the gears, like. on my Harley which, makes my trans super smooth?
If you're running mod, no need for any of the RC speed secrets stuff. That's for 17.5/13.5 spec motor trucks.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
If you're running mod, no need for any of the RC speed secrets stuff. That's for 17.5/13.5 spec motor trucks.
Ive had very good success with their bearings, they last a long time in the hubs and spindles and am running their whole kit in my 22 4.0 mod car. They also sell pistons which are not stock specific as well although im currently using some tlr blank pistons that i hand drilled.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
THANKS, YEA I FOUND A VIDEO OF TRACK, LAST I WAS THERE, DIFFERENT LAYOUT, IM NOT SURE I CAN USE FULL POTENTIAL OF A 6.5 IN HERE?maybe im wrong, the 10.5 felt like a dog, in sons ss SCT 2.0,lol, so used to that 1/8 power

but heres track, any setup help would be nice, even to the few guys helping me out in pm's , this gives you a better idea,
fun track,Good Guys, Jump Over etc...good local guys here, and out of state, so theres lots of Talent here any given day!
it's a good place to run..as you here the thanks/laughs/etc/ etc...im ready...

https://youtu.be/MfEx8tSWRg8

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 01-26-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

sorry to be chatting away, I dont get much me silent time in this house....this truck, the lips to buy, whats the best for mod, to have the punch and last THE BEST!!! I have trinity "the Brick: a few one for my 22SCT 2.0 is that the size I want,?
that orange pack, and in this picot Frank and other who are giving me loads of help for setup

you run lips this orientation>

22 SCT 2.0 SHOCKS THE SAME? AS IN CAN I BUILD A SET, AIR FREE AND SLAP ON AT TRACK FOR QUICKER TUNING, IM BEHIND, THESE GUYS ARE ALL DIALED IN, AND LIKE I SAID THERE'S MAD talent that runs here

, just cause it doesn't have a 300ft back straight , Doesn't mean theres no national level drivers, most are sponsored!!!and thats 100
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

s
22 SCT 2.0 SHOCKS THE SAME?
22SCT 2.0 shocks have different rear shocks than 22T 4.0. The T4.0's are shorter. Pretty sure the fronts are the same.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

agreed, but I called guy running track, said in the stadium truck class there running 6.5/7.5 Im sure the j Mitchell on top here, runs same track, doesn't have long straights, like when I used to run offload, down south, tiltyard etc, nothing like that....I can always dial out a 7.5..im gonna see a race this week, see whats out there, and listen to motors, if there mot at the top of there whine, with 1/8 of track to go, I defiantly will motor down...
I run a 7.5 in my ST and it's way more power than I need, this truck is stupid fast when I pull full throttle.

I run on high bite damp clay.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone having issues stripping servo horns or even servo gears? I blew the gears out on my spektrum 6240 the other night after a crash (trying to clear a decent triple). I've also stripped out a plastic servo horn after what I thought was a light tap of a pipe.

This ST is a bit tougher on steering systems than my 2wd buggy and SCT, specially when hitting a pipe at speed. I was thinking about using some type of servo saver. Anyone else have these issues and what did you do to to fix it?
Old 01-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmitchell
Anyone having issues stripping servo horns or even servo gears? I blew the gears out on my spektrum 6240 the other night after a crash (trying to clear a decent triple). I've also stripped out a plastic servo horn after what I thought was a light tap of a pipe.

This ST is a bit tougher on steering systems than my 2wd buggy and SCT, specially when hitting a pipe at speed. I was thinking about using some type of servo saver. Anyone else have these issues and what did you do to to fix it?
Stock plastic horn wonít last long in my experience. Iíve broken a Savox 1251mg, but itís a pretty weak servo. Using a Savox 1257tg or 1258tg hasnít broken, but thereís starting to get a little bit of play in the gears after 50-60 packs.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!
First of all, sorry for my poor level of english (I'm french...).
I recently bought that car, in order to race it on carpet and astroturf.
I loaded it with front and rear roll bars, aluminium everywhere and also the rear gear diff (Aluminium).
The car seems to be good, but I never raced it due to the lenght of rear driveshafts : the lenght is too short with the ball diff, and it is even worse with the gear diff that is 0.8mm narrower from the ball diff.
This issue was already existing with the 22T 3.0 + aluminium Gear diff, I cannot imagine that TLR didn't solved this issue before the release of the 22T 4.0. Even a 95mm driveshafts would be perfect on that car, without binding with the diff.
So, as a loyal customer of losi, I tried to find a solution (for example driveshafts from the TLR22T 2.0), but even with 94mm you feel that your aluminium gear diff will suffer...
I'm probably one of the more loyalist Losi owner in my country (since 1990's), and I cannot understand the fact that after one year of release (same issue as 22T 3.0), there is no solution coming from TLR on that topic (thanks Franck to find an efficient solution; on my side, I just cancelled my race on next week : I'm fed up to change my 20Ä outdrives for every race...).
Franck, please make us 95mm driveshafts (maybe with a special deal for people that already own cars that are still not usable, like me...).
Have a nice week-end
Old 01-26-2018, 11:41 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Essejay
Hi!
First of all, sorry for my poor level of english (I'm french...).
I recently bought that car, in order to race it on carpet and astroturf.
I loaded it with front and rear roll bars, aluminium everywhere and also the rear gear diff (Aluminium).
The car seems to be good, but I never raced it due to the lenght of rear driveshafts : the lenght is too short with the ball diff, and it is even worse with the gear diff that is 0.8mm narrower from the ball diff.
This issue was already existing with the 22T 3.0 + aluminium Gear diff, I cannot imagine that TLR didn't solved this issue before the release of the 22T 4.0. Even a 95mm driveshafts would be perfect on that car, without binding with the diff.
So, as a loyal customer of losi, I tried to find a solution (for example driveshafts from the TLR22T 2.0), but even with 94mm you feel that your aluminium gear diff will suffer...
I'm probably one of the more loyalist Losi owner in my country (since 1990's), and I cannot understand the fact that after one year of release (same issue as 22T 3.0), there is no solution coming from TLR on that topic (thanks Franck to find an efficient solution; on my side, I just cancelled my race on next week : I'm fed up to change my 20Ä outdrives for every race...).
Franck, please make us 95mm driveshafts (maybe with a special deal for people that already own cars that are still not usable, like me...).
Have a nice week-end
I had this issue before and ordered the 2.0 driveshafts. Before they arrived, I found out that reducing droop a little and adding 0.5 mm washers to the stub axles will help a great deal. Frank has been informed of this issue and somebody on the 22 Empire facebook group mentioned that TLR was working out a solution. Whatever the case, I can't wait to replace my outdrives (although my slightly damaged one should work) and drive again!
Old 01-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your reply
But it seems that the same issue was already existing with the buggies; on the 22 3.0, I had to order 67mm driveshafts in order to have something OK and it was already 2 years ago, I cannot understand that TLR waited about one year to solve such issue with the truck, considering the fact that the issue exists since the 3.0 is released.
For example, on the french cup, I replaced two times the outdrives on a 2 days race, and the replacement is not so easy between two runs...

Have a nice week-end
Old 01-29-2018, 11:15 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We've reordered the 94mm driveshafts, and we're updating the gear diff outdrives to be a touch longer also.
skrichter, mes, kaistas and 1 others like this.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We've reordered the 94mm driveshafts, and we're updating the gear diff outdrives to be a touch longer also.
Sounds like that should help!
Old 01-30-2018, 12:47 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank Root
That's what I like about TLR. Keep it up, Frank and team!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmitchell
I run a 7.5 in my ST and it's way more power than I need, this truck is stupid fast when I pull full throttle.

I run on high bite damp clay.
you run at track46, the video I posted, thats where ill be as well, maybe ill stay with a 8.5, 6.5 seems just way to fast, that tracks a good track, just not long straights to justify a hot mod 6.5!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.