Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 01-12-2018, 07:48 AM
  #166  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RazorRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,896
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmitchell
Yes, this happened on my 22T 4.0 truck with 3mm and 4mm of trail. But not with 2mm of trail. I filed down my arm in the same area and also trimmed off a little on the inside edge of the wheel.

I am now able to run the 3mm trail setting with no rubbing, but 4mm still has too much rubbing and is unusable for me.
Interesting... is this with short or long VLA?
RazorRC is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 AM
  #167  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Anyone have issues with the front wheels hitting the suspension arm right where it flares out?

I noticed the 4.0 kit setup is 2mm trail and short VLA. But when I tried that combination on my 3.0, the wheels would rub the arm right where the philips screwdriver is pointing at. I actually dremeled it down a bit to clear, but eventually just gave up and went back to 3mm trail.

T4.0 arm on bottom, T3.0 arm on top. Part looks exactly the same, except where I dremeled it down a bit.
If you try 3mm under castor and 1mm on top instead of 2/2, does that help clearance. Noticed a couple set ups that way. May bring the wider part of rim lower. Suppose to increase on power steering and out of corner. May help??
??
WallyRC is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM
  #168  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Interesting... is this with short or long VLA?
Short, but I don't think it would matter if it was short or long. The interference is significant without removing any material from the arm. At 4mm of trail my wheels were locked up and difficult to turn by hand.

Any yes moving the caster spacers helped but not completely. I still had to trim off material to get the 3mm trail to work.
jmitchell is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 03:29 PM
  #169  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 728
Default

Ran my 3.0T truck today. Indoor clay. On clay primes. Changed front castor blocks to 0 degree. What a huge difference for me. Didn't lose any of my turn in but gained mid corner and exit steering. On power steering was so much better. Had the same setup in my old durangoes. Increased camber to 2 degrees in front because was traction rolling from less camber gain on compression. Was running 1 degree before.
Running 13.5: 78/24 felt really good.

Last edited by WallyRC; 01-17-2018 at 12:15 PM.
WallyRC is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 06:14 PM
  #170  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I need a good setup sheet, im getting back in and I want to have my sons truck hooked up, that will keep him interested, and me RACING, ...so im ordering 2 kits tonight, 6.5 motors, esc/have all that covered, he will run a 8.5 maybe ill see, but its only indoor, hard red clay, run slicks w/additive, no outdoor, well run Nitro for that, just would like to order whats the basic stuff that gets changed off the bat, sorry glasses broke, and for my 40th b day, I started needing them, even with this damm 27" IMac screen!!! Kyosho springs? SCHELLE Diff?? oils, and building parts, like high bite clay indoor, im sure theres a goto castor block etc, thanks guys....appreciate it, im gonna back read as much as ii can, its already fuzzy "the screen"
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:58 AM
  #171  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill Tn
Posts: 980
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

6.5 IMO is way overkill. 8.5 it strong enough and will still overpower most surfaces. if you need more power on longer stretches a little boost or turbo will get ya.
freebird is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 AM
  #172  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ride height

I am going to drive this truck on carpet. I can't get the ride height under 26-30mm. I'm looking to get to 17mm. Any suggestions? I'm pretty new to the hobby and did some research but adjusting the springs all the way out didn't help, but it seems like I want stiff springs. Not sure.
prodigyweb is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM
  #173  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ride height

I am trying to lower my ride height while keeping my spring stiff. I feel like I'm missing something in the understanding. I've read a few articles online and I have my springs all the way out and the ride height is still 26-27mm.

Surface will be carpet so I think I want 17-19mm? Any thoughts.
prodigyweb is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:28 AM
  #174  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by prodigyweb
I am trying to lower my ride height while keeping my spring stiff. I feel like I'm missing something in the understanding. I've read a few articles online and I have my springs all the way out and the ride height is still 26-27mm.

Surface will be carpet so I think I want 17-19mm? Any thoughts.
Try the lower spring or standard spring cups. Believe the +4 come with the kit. I have also read that people are using AE cups that are even more shallow.
WallyRC is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM
  #175  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Hey guys, I need a good setup sheet, im getting back in and I want to have my sons truck hooked up, that will keep him interested, and me RACING, ...so im ordering 2 kits tonight, 6.5 motors, esc/have all that covered, he will run a 8.5 maybe ill see, but its only indoor, hard red clay, run slicks w/additive, no outdoor, well run Nitro for that, just would like to order whats the basic stuff that gets changed off the bat, sorry glasses broke, and for my 40th b day, I started needing them, even with this damm 27" IMac screen!!! Kyosho springs? SCHELLE Diff?? oils, and building parts, like high bite clay indoor, im sure theres a goto castor block etc, thanks guys....appreciate it, im gonna back read as much as ii can, its already fuzzy "the screen"
I have the 3.0T but the setup out of the box for the 4.0 should be close for what you are looking for. Stock springs are good.
I have bent and broke a couple camber links. I would go with some Lunsford replacements.
Front aluminum TLR camber block.
TLR or Exotek servo mount so you can mount the servo behind if you want.
Pick up extra front spindle parts.
I also agree with power. I run 8.5 and have my son run 13.5. Plenty of power.
Good luck and have fun.
WallyRC is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 03:34 PM
  #176  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by prodigyweb
I am trying to lower my ride height while keeping my spring stiff. I feel like I'm missing something in the understanding. I've read a few articles online and I have my springs all the way out and the ride height is still 26-27mm.

Surface will be carpet so I think I want 17-19mm? Any thoughts.
Originally Posted by WallyRC
Try the lower spring or standard spring cups. Believe the +4 come with the kit. I have also read that people are using AE cups that are even more shallow.
I only have the 22 4.0 SR buggy, but when I looked into this Yokomo Yatabe Arena springs were an option as well. The springs are slightly shorter. Also if you haven't run the truck yet the springs will settle a little bit.

Edit: Guess my point is can you use shorter springs meant for a different car that are the same\similar stiffness?

Last edited by Ffejrey; 01-21-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Ffejrey is offline  
Old 01-21-2018, 09:30 PM
  #177  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok. I'll give it a few practice rounds and recheck.
Originally Posted by Ffejrey
I only have the 22 4.0 SR buggy, but when I looked into this Yokomo Yatabe Arena springs were an option as well. The springs are slightly shorter. Also if you haven't run the truck yet the springs will settle a little bit.

Edit: Guess my point is can you use shorter springs meant for a different car that are the same\similar stiffness?
prodigyweb is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 07:32 PM
  #178  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
moto44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Having some issues with the front axles pulling out of front spindle. Has anybody found a cure for this problem?
moto44 is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 PM
  #179  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by moto44
Having some issues with the front axles pulling out of front spindle. Has anybody found a cure for this problem?
Super glue the insert in place. They do have an aluminum insert option but they are on back order.
faqcya is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM
  #180  
Eli
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Eli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 1,553
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Hey guys, I need a good setup sheet, im getting back in and I want to have my sons truck hooked up, that will keep him interested, and me RACING, ...so im ordering 2 kits tonight, 6.5 motors, esc/have all that covered, he will run a 8.5 maybe ill see, but its only indoor, hard red clay, run slicks w/additive, no outdoor, well run Nitro for that, just would like to order whats the basic stuff that gets changed off the bat, sorry glasses broke, and for my 40th b day, I started needing them, even with this damm 27" IMac screen!!! Kyosho springs? SCHELLE Diff?? oils, and building parts, like high bite clay indoor, im sure theres a goto castor block etc, thanks guys....appreciate it, im gonna back read as much as ii can, its already fuzzy "the screen"
I started with JR Mitch's setup on the tlracing.com website under their blog page. Truck feels amazing. I did end up making a few changes, ended up taping in an orion 3800 pack about 2mm off of the waterfall, going down a spring rate to the white spring in the rear (kit front spring) and running the 3 hole 1.4 plus 1 hole 1.0mm pistons all the way around with 35/30 TLR oil.
Eli is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.